• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

Looks like a few have asked about audition results. 

“It can be up to 3 weeks this time of year and the results will go by first class mail”

So if videos were in on 4th jan we’re already over that..... ooooooo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

Silly question but if the closing dates have passed why is there an open day? Or have the closing dates not passed yet?? 

I've just looked at the website and some courses are still open to applications (including Junior Dance which I thought had passed).

Edited by BellaF
typo

18 minutes ago, BellaF said:

I've just looked at the website and some courses are still open to applications (including Junior Dance which I thought had

Yeah I thought that was odd they were talking about the screening etc...it seems strange to give people different deadlines too? It was so stressful getting it in on time... Still no views on our tring video that I can see x 

39 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

How can they award places until they know who they have applying? And children entering later have had longer to practice... seems odd. 

I’m not sure people have had longer to practice IMO. With schools closing and home school, parents still working full time and the usual dance classes being via zoom. It’s quite stressful for all and I know at Tring they’ve had their obstacles too. We had ours perfected, found a venue we could use (my house is not big enough to dance in) we just about make it on zoom lessons, then we tested positive and we couldn’t leave the house, then someone else put us as a close contact and had to isolate again. I know my friends daughter is applying too, and they had to face some battles as she has more kids to sort out plus work - but all that has taken time away from being able to practice. Getting the date rescheduled is brilliant for us parents as it still gives hope to make our kids dreams come true, but I suspect with the way the world is now and the uncertainty of everything, extending for some is probably more anxious than anything. We would have rather got it out the way but we was just unfortunate. 

• Like 2

I think all the schools are trying as hard as they can to sort their preliminaries as best as they can and us parents have done all we can in unprecedented times too. I think we all, the children and the schools deserve a medal. It may not be the memories we expected to make form our children's preliminaries but we've definitely made memories. Personally I've laughed, cried and gritted my teeth but couldn't be prouder if my DC for adapting and having a go even if was in the lounge with the cat for a judging panel! 🤣🤣 

This forum has been a life saver and a real support too and you guys have certainly helped me keep my sanity so far! 🥰 Good luck everyone xxx

• Like 1

It’s definitely been an adventure. I’ve told my daughter that if she makes it then it’s a bonus considering how wrong things can go in a heartbeat. If she does not get in it’s not the end of the world, she can start working on her personal best in all aspects of life and any areas she feel she does not achieve great to reflect and work on. Then when the next round of auditions come in she will be more mentally prepared compared to this year. As she has started auditions this year already I believe it’s good practice to finish what you started no matter what the result may be. It’s not easy but she will feel better for seeing it through 

• Like 1

We didn’t have any practice time in the sense of rehearsing exercises. For his RBS audition, we went into the studio, his ballet teacher marked it out once, let him mark it out once, then I filmed. It wasn’t rehearsed in any way, just done there and then. The others were all filmed from home and half of the time I’m not 100 percent sure that my DS did was what asked correctly as I have no ballet/dance knowledge myself. He did it, I filmed it, that was it! Ha! The way I see it is they know what they’re looking for and they will be able to see it irrespective of mistakes. (I hope, anyway!) I know his RBS video doesn’t show him in anywhere near his best light. For some reason unbeknownst to me it has all been filmed on his weaker leg, and he didn’t say anything at the time and I didn’t realise until after the event! He has time periods where he’s fretted over it (currently he’s stressing over whether his ankles were pulled up enough!) but there’s nothing we can do now and it is what it is. The kids have done amazing to even attempt the videos, their dance training has been severely interrupted and all we can do is keep our fingers very tightly crossed that the schools understand this x

• Like 2