• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Nothing here - do you think that they will let you know if it is no or not at all (experienced only once after westend audition final). I have sent it on 22nd. Can I check what email address you send it on for dance course? Thank you. 

Maybe ring them? They are really approachable, have you checked your junk email? x

13 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Thank you. I have checked junk. I know they are very nice as she is doing their CBA classes and did few holiday courses and had no problem with communication in past.

My email came through at 4.30pm so I suspect they will take a few days to go through all the emails. X 

13 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

My email came through at 4.30pm so I suspect they will take a few days to go through all the emails. X 

I sent the email on Friday and got a reply at 4.15 today so it certainly seems like they’re working their way through xx

44 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

At what point do they ask for the videos? Just filled in tring application, got to payment details and nothing about video, am I missing something x

I received the email with video instructions a few hours after sending the application form back. X 

• 1 month later...

Well done to all your kids. I’ve not been on here for a while as I’ve had so much work on and also dance schools on and then off and back on again. How is everyone getting on with audition videos? My daughter went to their holiday club last weekend and loved it. Did anyone else child go on Sunday 6th? I hope I get this video right 😬

8 hours ago, ponklemum said:

I was set to film all mine next week at a studio but now everything’s closed down here in Wales so feeling pretty stuck with what to do x

Hi Ponklemum. I am Welsh too! Bit of a nightmare isn't it. I am recording some today at her studio but it closes tomorrow so will do the rest at home. I'm sure they will understand and will be looking more at technique etc. I know the royal video they originally said not to worry about gallops if you don't have space. It has been so difficult hasn't it hardly being able to do any training in lockdowns I hope they take this into account when they make their decisions! X 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ponklemum said:

I was set to film all mine next week at a studio but now everything’s closed down here in Wales so feeling pretty stuck with what to do x

Tring are aware that some videos will be filmed at home. I have filmed DCs 90% home, 10% at dance school, they didn't mind. I think they understand that no all of us can film at dance school with teachers... we cant afford the 1-1 fees for it and we've been on and off self isolating and I'm sure they will understand all our circumstances. Any panel would take into account filiming at home, not sure what yr group you are going for but yr7 is potential and hopefully they can see what they need to see regardless of the setting. Film where you can and good luck with your application xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Tring are aware that some videos will be filmed at home. I have filmed DCs 90% home, 10% at dance school, they didn't mind. I think they understand that no all of us can film at dance school with teachers... we cant afford the 1-1 fees for it and we've been on and off self isolating and I'm sure they will understand all our circumstances. Any panel would take into account filiming at home, not sure what yr group you are going for but yr7 is potential and hopefully they can see what they need to see regardless of the setting. Film where you can and good luck with your application xx

Its really is difficult isn’t it. Thank you for that, it’s reassuring that they understand.  My ds is applying for year 7 so hopefully they’ll see the potential he has. Xx

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...