Gatherings of Over 6 Banned

EverHopeful

According to these articles, gatherings of more than 6 people will be illegal from Monday. It says schools, work places and ‘organised team sports’ are exempt from the new rules - so hopefully vocational schools will be ok to continue. But where do local dance schools fall within this new guidance? 
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-social-gatherings-of-more-than-six-people-to-be-banned-in-england-from-monday-12066910

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

Edited by DeveloppeD
Added extra link/example of the news

Morning

ive just had notification from association that Dance Schools (including Vocational) are exempt as it is a work place and work places are exempt! Dance schools/studios are the work place and the students/ pupils are our customers!
Hope that helps ❤️
Thank goodness as I haven’t even started back yet 😳

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Morning

ive just had notification from association that Dance Schools (including Vocational) are exempt as it is a work place and work places are exempt! Dance schools/studios are the work place and the students/ pupils are our customers!
Hope that helps ❤️
Thank goodness as I haven’t even started back yet 😳

With children only just going back to dance Classes this is fantastic news!!!!   We only returned this week and my DD  will be starting Associate classes this weekend she will be gutted if she can’t get back to some kind of normal with months of zoom.  

So glad dance school exempt having to enforce groups of no more than six would not be practical of financially viable for dance schools.

Edited by Ballet Dreams
  • Like 4

There is going to be an announcement this afternoon giving more exemptions which I hope will clarify it.  However, I understand these restrictions to apply to social settings.  e.g. You can have 6 people together in a pub.  They must be socially distanced from other groups.  It doesn't mean that there can only be 6 customers!  Dance classes with proper safeguards and social distancing are fine to continue.

• Like 2

Dance schools never had to follow the guidance on households meeting.  They always followed the out of school activities guidance (allowed to open from the end of June) the grassroots sports guidance and the return to performing arts guidance.  The latter covered adult amateurs and for those people rehearsals in groups of more than 6 were only allowed from mid August onwards..

• Like 1

I don’t think the guidance ever changed from a maximum of 6 meeting socially, it’s just that you can be fined for breaching it now... hopefully it will be ‘x’  households or maximum of 6 like Scotland/ Wales which seems much fairer for large families

23 minutes ago, Peony said:

I don’t think the guidance ever changed from a maximum of 6 meeting socially, it’s just that you can be fined for breaching it now... hopefully it will be ‘x’  households or maximum of 6 like Scotland/ Wales which seems much fairer for large families

I was thinking exactly that as we are a family of 8 so would not be allowed to see anyone! 😂

On the BBC news this morning Matt Hancock was asked about this and he said that as he has 3 children and therefore is a family of 5 they can only see one grandparent at a time, not both together.

My DD's live dance classes haven't started yet as they are held in a local authority owned hall and they are so far not being allowed to return by the council. I'm hoping the detailed guidance this afternoon makes things more clear amd specifically mentions dance classes so that they will be permitted to return.  Otherwise its back to the dreaded Zoom...

Matt Hancock also recently announced that he was changing the law to allow nurses and pharmacists to give the flu vaccine so that GP’s didn’t have to do it🤣 I’ve given up with the announcements and just check when they release it in black and white!

I think the majority of council owned venues are open in some capacity so hopefully you’re will too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peony said:

Matt Hancock also recently announced that he was changing the law to allow nurses and pharmacists to give the flu vaccine so that GP’s didn’t have to do it🤣 I’ve given up with the announcements and just check when they release it in black and white!

I think the majority of council owned venues are open in some capacity so hopefully you’re will too

Much the same Peony. I wait until the government or NHS websites are updated and then hope I can make some sense of the current guidelines. 

• Like 1

Don't know why they would need to change the law for pharmacists to give flu vaccines, I have always had mine done at Boots or Superdrug.  Never had to wait more than 5 minutes.  It was only approcx. £10 before I qualified for free flu vaccine and I considered it money well spent. (Car parking to get to the GP would have cost 1/3 to 1/2 that anyway).

5 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Don't know why they would need to change the law for pharmacists to give flu vaccines, I have always had mine done at Boots or Superdrug.  Never had to wait more than 5 minutes.  It was only approcx. £10 before I qualified for free flu vaccine and I considered it money well spent. (Car parking to get to the GP would have cost 1/3 to 1/2 that anyway).

I think Peony was subtly pointing out his lack of knowledge regarding various things. Pharmacist and nurses give most vaccines, GP rarely gets involved.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jane said:

I think Peony was subtly pointing out his lack of knowledge regarding various things. Pharmacist and nurses give most vaccines, GP rarely gets involved.

Im a pharmacist and give flu vaccines. So much confusion around the various announcements! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DeveloppeD said:

According to these articles, gatherings of more than 6 people will be illegal from Monday. It says schools, work places and ‘organised team sports’ are exempt from the new rules - so hopefully vocational schools will be ok to continue. But where do local dance schools fall within this new guidance? 
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-social-gatherings-of-more-than-six-people-to-be-banned-in-england-from-monday-12066910

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

social gatherings in the home ... 

These restrictions , contrary to  the assertions of  some politically motivated commentators are informed  by the epidemiology  and Policing  concerns ...   

given that    dance schools have had to  demonstrate   a proper risk  assess ment and control measures   this is not the problem ...  

8 hours ago, Jewel said:

Dance schools never had to follow the guidance on households meeting.  They always followed the out of school activities guidance (allowed to open from the end of June) the grassroots sports guidance and the return to performing arts guidance.  The latter covered adult amateurs and for those people rehearsals in groups of more than 6 were only allowed from mid August onwards..

exactly this 

9 hours ago, Spamcat said:

I was thinking exactly that as we are a family of 8 so would not be allowed to see anyone! 😂

I looked the previous guideline up and it was 6 or 2 households in England. Unfortunately it now appears to be a blanket number of 6 ☹️ 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Peony said:

I looked the previous guideline up and it was 6 or 2 households in England. Unfortunately it now appears to be a blanket number of 6 ☹️ 

My 5 children are now fighting about which one of them we have to kick out of the house 🤣😂🤣

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Peony said:

We will have to kick 2 of our kids out then. 😂😂

So glad this is not meaning that dance classes have to stop again!