Lockdown and General Streaming Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Naomi M said:

It seems unfortunately the Paris Opera Ballet Facebook event is only available in France. What a pity.

I have just unliked them on FB, I was hoping I would be able to see some French ballet but it has become too disappointing. I would be happy to pay but they don't seem to be streaming anything.

• Like 1

Northern Ballet are streaming 2 ballets created by members of the company on Friday 20th November.

"NEW CREATIONS

On Friday 20 November 2020 we're presenting two world premières: Termagant and Men Dances.

Choreographed in recent weeks and filmed at the Stanley & Audrey Burton Theatre, we're putting the young creative talents of our Company centre-stage.

Watch exclusively online, and if you can, please consider making a donation when you watch."

https://northernballet.com/new-creations-termagant-and-men-dances?fbclid=IwAR2DaVvi9qXM8pxzRkVGQqqgdpwjyeQ_KYIN1Bjk4LHteqQhxTp8D6Un7Yc

13 minutes ago, Janite said:

V glad Kevin O'Hare highlighted the self employed.

Ths Stage reported that "Ambassador Theatre Group is to invite 2,500 of its casual and zero-hours workers on to the government’s furlough scheme. " - the ones they fired in August when the furlough scheme was ending (the first time). 

I wonder if the ROH will follow suit?

1 hour ago, Janite said:

I hope so.

There was no indication of this when Alex Beard spoke online to Friends and Patrons on Tuesday. Reducing the ROH’s cost base was the described as the first element of its recovery plan and regretful mention was made of negotiations over staff reductions reaching their conclusion currently.

5 minutes ago, capybara said:

There was no indication of this when Alex Beard spoke online to Friends and Patrons on Tuesday.

Did he?  Do you know if it was a general invitation or only specific people (e.g. focus group)?

3 hours ago, oncnp said:

Did he?  Do you know if it was a general invitation or only specific people (e.g. focus group)?

I’m afraid I don’t know who was invited. I just got an email with a link. Consultation with the audience was not an element. There was a statement from Alex, a recap on recent endeavours from Kevin O’Hare, a conversation between him and Edward Watson, an input from Olly Mears, an interview with Masabane Cecilia Rangwanasha and a 5 minute opportunity for questions.

This is very spontaneous, I'm sorry that I did not post it before:

At 20.00 CET (that is in 20 minutes), Tanztheater Wuppertal streams "the ship is the ship is... the piece with the ship goes digital", a piece by Pina Bausch from 1993 in a reconstructed, digital version.

https://under-construction-wuppertal.de/en/events/21/das-stueck-mit-dem-schiff

On 19/11/2020 at 18:27, Jeannette said:

Thanks for the reminder. A very charming program. I adored Majisimo (Pas de six, 3 couples in Spanish dress) but then I’m a sucker for traditional-style ballets to gorgeous 19th-C music!

Correction: I just rewatched Majisimo & it’s a dance for four couples...not three. Glad that I rewatched. The more, the merrier. Love it! 

• Like 1

I'm late again: there's a Swan Lake from Vienna State Ballet online until tomorrow, the Nureyev version, with Olga Esina and Vladimir Shishov. Free and in all countries, they say.

https://play.wiener-staatsoper.at/https://play.wiener-staatsoper.at/

The next ballet is Edward Clug's "Peer Gynt" on Friday, 27. November, with Jakob Feyferlik, Alice Firenze, Eno Peci, Zsolt Török

The streams start at 19.00 CET and are online for 24 hours

• Like 1

From the Opera at Nice:

AKHNATEN de Philip Glass

Mise en scène et chorégraphie: Lucinda Childs                            

Avec la participation des danseurs du Pôle National Supérieur Danse Rosella Hightower

If you need (or can stand) another Nutcracker the Teatro San Carlo (Cuthbertson/Muntagirov) is still on YouTube. Not filmed for broadcast (single camera). 

Edited by oncnp

5 hours ago, oncnp said:

If you need (or can stand) another Nutcracker the Teatro San Carlo (Cuthbertson/Muntagirov) 

Thank you I did need another Nutcracker and not only was it wonderful to see Vadim and Lauren dance but I also enjoyed a different choreography. 

Russian gala, courtesy of Don Q fan who told me about it. Vadim/Sarah Lamb doing the Manon bedroom pas de deux. Also the Tchaikovsly pas de deux which for me didn't take off quite as much as the WBD rehearsal, partly spoilt by poor filming. But at least I've seen him do it in performance. No idea how long it's available for. Lasts about 2 hours.

Program:

1. “Scheherazade” duet of Golden Slave and Zobeide Dancers: Nadejda Batoeva and Konstantin Zverev- Principal dancers at the Mariinsky theatre. Choreography by M. Fokin, music by N. Rimsky-Korsakov

2. “The Dying Swan” Dancer: Nina Kaptcova- Prima-ballerina at the Bolshoi theatre in Moscow. Choreography by M. Fokin, music by C. Saint-Saëns

3. “Mémoires de la Belle Époque » Dancers: Claudio Cangialosi and Nicola Wills- Principal dancers at the Royal ballet of Flanders. Choreography by Claudio Cangialosi, music by Andrey Leshukov

4. « Sonata » Dancers: Silvia Azzoni and Olexandr Ryabko -Principal dancers at the Hamburg Ballett choreography by Uwe Scholz, music by S. Rachmaninoff

5. “Manon” Dancers: - Vadim Muntagirov and Sarah Lamb - Principal dancers at the Royal Opera House, London. Choreography by K. MacMillan, music by J. Massenet

6. “Vse ne tak” Dancer: Mikhail Loboukhin - Principal dancer at the Bolshoi theatre in Moscow. Choreography by M. Iwata, music by V. Visotsky

7. “End of Eternity” Dancers: Yumi Aizawa, Sasha Riva - Principal dancers at the Grand Théâtre de Genève. Choreography by Sasha Riva, music by Philip Glass

8. “Faun” Dancers: Claudio Cangialosi and Nicola Wills- Principal dancers at the Royal ballet of Flanders. Choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, music by C. Debussy

9. “Last Tango” Dancers: Nina Kaptcova and Mikhail Loboukhin- Principal dancers at the Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow. Choreography by Vyacheslav Gordeev. Music by A. Piazzolla

10. “Falling the art of flying” Dancers: Silvia Azzoni and Olexandr Ryabko -Principal dancers at the Hamburg Ballet, Germany. Choreography by Natalia Horecna. Music by J.S. Bach

11. « L'Histoire du soldat » Dancers: Yumi Aizawa, Sasha Riva and Simone Repele- Principal dancers at the Grand Théâtre de Genève. Choreography by Simone Repele. Music by T.G. Albinoni

12. “Le Parc” Dancers: Nadejda Batoeva and Konstantin Zverev- Principal dancers at the Mariinsky theatre. Choreography by Angelin Preljocaj. Music by W. A.

13. « Tschaikovsky Pas de deux » Dancers: - Vadim Muntagirov and Sarah Lamb - Principal dancers at the Royal Opera House, London. Choreography by George Balanchine. Music by P.I.Tchaikovsky

14. FINAL with all stars.

Edited by alison
To make it easier to read

2 hours ago, jmhopton said:

Russian gala, courtesy of Don Q fan who told me about it. Vadim/Sarah Lamb doing the Manon bedroom pas de deux. Also the Tchaikovsly pas de deux which for me didn't take off quite as much as the WBD rehearsal, partly spoilt by poor filming. But at least I've seen him do it in performance. No idea how long it's available for. Lasts about 2 hours.

Program: 1. “Scheherazade” duet of Golden Slave and Zobeide Dancers: Nadejda Batoeva and Konstantin Zverev- Principal dancers at the Mariinsky theatre. Choreography by M. Fokin, music by N. Rimsky-Korsakov 2. “The Dying Swan” Dancer: Nina Kaptcova- Prima-ballerina at the Bolshoi theatre in Moscow. Choreography by M. Fokin, music by C. Saint-Saëns 3. “Mémoires de la Belle Époque » Dancers: Claudio Cangialosi and Nicola Wills- Principal dancers at the Royal ballet of Flanders. Choreography by Claudio Cangialosi, music by Andrey Leshukov 4. « Sonata » Dancers: Silvia Azzoni and Olexandr Ryabko -Principal dancers at the Hamburg Ballett choreography by Uwe Scholz, music by S. Rachmaninoff 5. “Manon” Dancers: - Vadim Muntagirov and Sarah Lamb - Principal dancers at the Royal Opera House, London. Choreography by K. MacMillan, music by J. Massenet 6. “Vse ne tak” Dancer: Mikhail Loboukhin - Principal dancer at the Bolshoi theatre in Moscow. Choreography by M. Iwata, music by V. Visotsky 7. “End of Eternity” Dancers: Yumi Aizawa, Sasha Riva - Principal dancers at the Grand Théâtre de Genève. Choreography by Sasha Riva, music by Philip Glass 8. “Faun” Dancers: Claudio Cangialosi and Nicola Wills- Principal dancers at the Royal ballet of Flanders. Choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, music by C. Debussy 9. “Last Tango” Dancers: Nina Kaptcova and Mikhail Loboukhin- Principal dancers at the Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow. Choreography by Vyacheslav Gordeev. Music by A. Piazzolla 10. “Falling the art of flying” Dancers: Silvia Azzoni and Olexandr Ryabko -Principal dancers at the Hamburg Ballet, Germany. Choreography by Natalia Horecna. Music by J.S. Bach 11. « L'Histoire du soldat » Dancers: Yumi Aizawa, Sasha Riva and Simone Repele- Principal dancers at the Grand Théâtre de Genève. Choreography by Simone Repele. Music by T.G. Albinoni 12. “Le Parc” Dancers: Nadejda Batoeva and Konstantin Zverev- Principal dancers at the Mariinsky theatre. Choreography by Angelin Preljocaj. Music by W. A. 13. « Tschaikovsky Pas de deux » Dancers: - Vadim Muntagirov and Sarah Lamb - Principal dancers at the Royal Opera House, London. Choreography by George Balanchine. Music by P.I.Tchaikovsky 14. FINAL with all stars.

The overall programming and filming of this gala was dire and the stage was too small for Muntagirov. A pity!

Edited by capybara
  • Like 2

I was getting very irritated by the camera angles - why would we want to see a view from the side, for heaven’s sake?? And the sound was completely out of synch with the dancers in the pas de Deux part of the the Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux. Thankfully they had sorted it by the time they did their solos and coda. But Muntagirov had to cut off the end of his manage because there was no room on the stage for him to finish it.

All that said, I’ll take what I can get at the moment!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Balletfanp said:

I was getting very irritated by the camera angles - why would we want to see a view from the side, for heaven’s sake?? And the sound was completely out of synch with the dancers in the pas de Deux part of the the Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux. Thankfully they had sorted it by the time they did their solos and coda. But Muntagirov had to cut off the end of his manage because there was no room on the stage for him to finish it.

All that said, I’ll take what I can get at the moment!

I am very grateful for ALL the events given to us in the times of this coronavirus pandemic thread, and to be in sufficient good health to be able to enjoy them. I suspect my 91 year old friend would have appreciated this Gala, were he not in a neurological hospital being treated for delirium, brought on by Covid infection. 

Edited by Stevie
typo
  • Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 22:01, Stevie said:

I am very grateful for ALL the events given to us in the times of this coronavirus pandemic thread, and to be in sufficient good health to be able to enjoy them. I suspect my 91 year old friend would have appreciated this Gala, were he not in a neurological hospital being treated for delirium, brought on by Covid infection. 

So very sorry to hear that, Stevie. My very best wishes for a full and quick recovery for your 91 year old friend. 

• Like 2

Il Teatro Communale di Modena streams a ballet evening on 6. December, with an all male (and mostly "previously" 😉) cast: Sergio Bernal (previously Balletto Nazionale di Spagna), Matteo Miccini (Stuttgart Ballet), Marijn Rademaker (previously Stuttgart Ballet, Het National Ballet), Simone Repele (previously Genève), Sasha Riva (previously Hamburg Ballet, Genève). The duets and solos are mostly by the dancers themselves.

I can't find out from the page if the stream is free or paid.

https://www.teatrocomunalemodena.it/appuntamento/duets-and-solos-live-streaming/

• Like 1