Brilliant.  The website seems to be barely functioning this morning - or is it just my browsers?  I can't even get into any of the Spring events to book :( 

On the odd occasion that I've been able to get onto the production pages, there are no links to any of the performances.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having a problem.  I go in but no event/performance will go to a ticketing area.  Have tried on both Chrome and Explorer.  No luck.  Am I alone in this? 

Now I'm getting a timed out message on the Spring Season pages themselves ... (Timed out while waiting on cache-lcy19230-LCY) ... Anyone else? ..... If this is not just me ... then it is a disaster for the ROH.  Poor Show.  

Now i queue ... BUT QUEUE PAUSED .... WHAT'S THE POINT /???????

Edited by Bruce Wall

I was on the R&J performance page at 0830, at 0900.15 I clicked on my chosen performance and it went to the same page I would’ve got if I’d  tried last week and since then can’t get to a performance page at all.

this didn’t happen for Swan Lake 

Well, I have to go out soon, and if this isn't fixed I shan't be able to get hold of any tickets.  Oh well, I suppose I shall have to get used to this, since they've already booted me out of all the amphi seats I used to be able to afford :( 

I think we've melted their servers...

All that demand for ticket buying links, all those extra glossy bits and erroneous links to load, I can almost hear the cooling fans screaming from here

(I think its the waiting queue bit that's gone west, but that is only a guess)

All I'm getting now for Events is a totally blank page apart from "Timed out while waiting on cache-lcy19243-LCY" whatever the heck that means. I've tweeted the ROH. I don't remember it being this bad for years, if ever. The last few bookings have been really straightforward, in & out in a few minutes.

What an absolute pig’s ear.  I eventually managed to get tickets for R&J with Cuthbertson and Ball but got so many error messages and hung pages in the process that I nearly combusted.  The servers seem to have gone back in time by 5 years.  

So much for the “new and improved” website “reflecting the excellence of your experience”. 

• Like 3

Finally it worked! I've got what I wanted ballet-wise (mostly embarassing amounts of R&J, due to failing to decide which cast I wanted to see most so booking for 4 of them!) but have been unsuccessful opera-wise as Berenice is completely sold out & Billy Budd has nothing left in the stalls circle under £100 so I've only been able to book Andrea Chenier out of the 3 I wanted.

One of the worst booking experiences I have known.  It should have been listed as an NHS Stress Test.  (That said I got what I wanted ballet-wise - but like Downstar struggled with opera  Only one Forza ... Sorry, ROH, I refuse to pay £24 for a dreadful slips place after which you have to fork out for a chiropractor.)  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 8

I’ve gone into full zen/cut-off-nose-spite face mode. I’ll just watch live relay in Berlin. I’ve bought great seats for San Francisco Ballet instead and will use my R&J allocation to try and get a crow’s nest view at Margot fest. Or I might buy a meal. Or...

• Like 1

HOW on earth is it possible that a world class institution such as the ROH has such a totally inadequate online booking system? Such a struggle to grab a few tickets. I don't know why I put myself through such a frustrating and infuriating experience. Why can't they solve their website/casting lists/booking issues? It's been going on and on. Surely they have the best experts working for them? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Richard LH said:

To be fair, the website now looks fine for bookings . I suspect the earlier issues were with a lot of people trying to log on as soon as possible after 9 am. 

But that will always happen when booking opens; the system needs to be able to cope with it (and generally has in the past).

• Like 8