Associate schemes - alternatives to RBS JA

balletdreamer

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and a newbie to dance in general.My daughter has just been turned down after a RBS JA audition.It was her first audition for anything as she has only recently joined a ballet class (gymnastic background). Whilst she was a bit down at first she has asked me to look for alternatives.

I would be very happy to hear alternatives please from parents who know what is what!

Thank  you so very much

Just now, balletdreamer said:

My apologies, I am based in Kent (between Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks) so London schemes would be wonderful

You should contact Nicola at Woodside - she is right on your doorstep.  Sorry I don't have details but she is on the Forum and I am sure other users can point you in the right direction.  From what I have heard going to her would be a very good alternate to JAs.

There's Master Dance Programme at Ibstock school in West London, on a Saturday. Fairly new and run by Mary Goodhew, ex ballet principal of White Lodge and Elmhurst.. Some other super teachers there too. Woodside Retreat also fantastic. 

• Like 1

i think cechetti associates need you to be grade 2 or above which is issue if you've only just started. all the other JA programs have just had deadlines for applcations so i think the next round of auditions is november for tring associates (which covers other stuff as well as dance i think) and also tring CBA's (just ballet). Happy to be corrected but am in similar position to you so that is my summary of options right now...x

1 hour ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

i think cechetti associates need you to be grade 2 or above which is issue if you've only just started. all the other JA programs have just had deadlines for applcations so i think the next round of auditions is november for tring associates (which covers other stuff as well as dance i think) and also tring CBA's (just ballet). Happy to be corrected but am in similar position to you so that is my summary of options right now...x

My daughter has just been accepted on to the Northern Cecchetti Associate scheme. It says on information for juniors aged 8-10 and working at grade 3 or 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, Ballet Boost Associates takes accepts applications all year depending on age we have a couple of places left. 

Starts age 8 up to 18....8 levels on 2 Sunday's a month.  Classes are 2.5 or 3hrs long followed by contemporary and based at Rambert school.on Richmond.

Do email admin@balletboost.com or look at www.balletboost.com

(All staff were previous professional dancers and currently teach in vocational schools)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

Those of you whom have mentioned Woodside Dance Retreat, we thank you for your kind words. balletdreamer, please email me if you are still looking for a program which suits your needs. nicola@woodsidedanceretreat.com.

It is very humbling, but we are fullly sold out starting in September this year, but are taking names for starting in January 2019. 

If you need any further advice on any other matters please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Nicola Moriarty

Principal - Woodside Dance Retreat

London Junior Senior Ballet can be more demanding than others, they will always see a child and if they don’t think she’s ready now they may well invite you back in the future.  They look for potential and that special something,  aswell as the physical facility. Good luck