Happy Daughter

Pups_mum

Unlike many of the DCs on here, my DD doesn't aspire to a career as a professional dancer but she still takes her ballet quite seriously. She's very happy today as she's just learned that she passed her RAD grade 8 with distinction.This is the realisation of an ambition she set herself when she was 6 when she decided that she wanted to pass all the RAD graded exams with distinction so she's feeling quite pleased with herself today. She's the first person from her school to ever do grade 8, and also in the last 12 months she's passed Intermediate with merit and grades 7 and 8 with distinction which I think is an achievement she's entitled to be proud of.

Big smiles all round here today - I hope there's also good news for anyone else receiving RAD results. :)

• Like 23

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RAD target dates depend on your region. Northern, South East set 1, NI, Scotland, Channel Islands and ROI should be in but London/Middlesex, South East set 2, Midlands/East of England, South west/Wales target dates are Aug 13th.

We are also waiting for Grade 5 results , exam date was the 1st July. Had alL ISTD results for Tap Modern and Jazz that were taken after that date , My eldest daughter asks every day , although youngest , most interested daughter tries to change the subject everytime it is bought up as she still has the 'hump,' as she was unable to take her grade 3 and has to wait till January as learning the new sylibi , which i must say is beautiful and she is absolutley loving.

With the RAD it doesn't matter when the exam date is, it's the whole session. Eg the London/Middlesex session was from June 15-July 15. So you may have taken an exam on June 16th but won't get the result until around 13th August!

Edited to add: RAD session dates and target dates for results are here http://www.rad.org.uk/files/ART475_UK%20&%20ROI%20Approved%20Examination%20Centre%20Session%20dates%202012.pdf

Edited by drdance

Fab news - very well done to her. I'm hoping my daughter will get a chance to do grade 8 before she leaves for uni next year. She's now doing Advanced 2 but as she has no aspirations to be a dancer, or to ever manage to take her Advanced 2 exam, it would be much nicer for her to take Grade 8. She too has had distinctions in every graded exam (her first merit came in Advanced 1, but I think she's let herself off that one ;) ). It's lovely that they've got so much from their dancing/ballet despite not being aspiring dancers isn't it.

• Like 6

That's marvellous news. I used to get consistently in the middle of the merit band for my piano exams, so I can appreciate how difficult it must be to get a distinction. Congratulations to your daughter.

Fab news - very well done to her. I'm hoping my daughter will get a chance to do grade 8 before she leaves for uni next year. She's now doing Advanced 2 but as she has no aspirations to be a dancer, or to ever manage to take her Advanced 2 exam, it would be much nicer for her to take Grade 8. She too has had distinctions in every graded exam (her first merit came in Advanced 1, but I think she's let herself off that one ;) ). It's lovely that they've got so much from their dancing/ballet despite not being aspiring dancers isn't it.

I agree and well done to your DD. I think there is such alot to be gained from having experienced dance, great posture and poise, discipline, confidence, body awareness, great fitness levels and achievement in gaining such advanced qualifications.

Ax

• Like 3

Well done pups amazing achievement and well deserved for your lovely dd ;)

Dd got her grade 5 RAD results yesterday too and gained a 90% distinction... We are so proud of her hard work and that of her super ballet teacher who has taught her for 8 years... I often think think the amazing dance teachers we have don't get the credit they so deserve :)

Just need inter foundation result now !!!

Enjoy your summer balletco ;)

Cx

• Like 7

Well done pups amazing achievement and well deserved for your lovely dd ;)

Dd got her grade 5 RAD results yesterday too and gained a 90% distinction... We are so proud of her hard work and that of her super ballet teacher who has taught her for 8 years... I often think think the amazing dance teachers we have don't get the credit they so deserve :)

Just need inter foundation result now !!!

Enjoy your summer balletco ;)

Cx

Well done to your DDand congratulations!! My DD thoroughly enjoyed her time with your DD at Swan Lake and good luck for her entry into Hammond!!

Ax

• Like 2

where did you do swan lake amber?

Hi as charlie said dd's were at Newcastle and had a really lovely time, it was a dream come true for my dd as she always used to dance the royal ballet version of the cygnet dance on you tube so when she danced a cygnet with eyb it was definitely the icing on the cake for her.

Ax

aww thanks Charlie4dancin! just keep going over everything in my head, analysing every tiny mistake- its really annoying ;) x

Good luck for your results, I think sometimes if you try not to think and replay it in your head it does help as you cant change what you have already done, sometimes we can be more critical about ourselves and may not be as objective when replaying what has happened. Maybe best to wait until you get your results then reflect then as you will then know where you gained or lost marks.

Ax

• Like 1