Happy Daughter

Pups_mum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aww, thankyou drdance and Hfbrew, that really helps :) i do feel as if i've progressed A Lot in the past year, but i also attend a youth ballet company, and it seems like the other students there who are my age do far higher grades, such as Advanced 1 or grade 7... also, 'Merit' for grade 5 won't look particularly outstanding on summer school applications etc, but oh well!! well done to all dd's who have passed their exams! :) (am beginning to quite like my Merit, i guess 71 is a fairly reasonable mark-and it's made me even more determined to get Distinction in my next exam!!!)

• Like 4

71 is a great mark - and only 4 off that distinction so use your report to guide you, and ask your teacher for advice to improve your 'weaker' areas and you'll be there! Besides, grade 6 is such a beautiful syllabus, it's so much more like dancing, the music is gorgeous and when I was a student it was grade 6 that really helped me to develop my musicality and performance and it still is my favourite of the RAD grades! Enjoy it!

• Like 3

2 happy girls in my house today with distinctions for grades 4 & 8. Like Pupsmum's DD, mine had the ambition to get distinction all the way through and has achieved it. And swanprincess, please don't be down about your mark. DD's friend (now at uni and no longer dances) had 71 for grade 5 but continued to work hard and went on to get distinctions for grade 6,7 and Intermediate, with a fantastic 95% for her final exam - grade 7 - so it shows what you can achieve if you have the ability and are prepared to work hard and consistently hard. and certainly don't compare to other girls and other grades from other schools as the better dancer is not necessarily in the higher grade as schools and teachers vary considerably in frequency of exam sessions etc.

• Like 4