Any Junior Associate results out yet?

Nana's Taxi

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a no for Year 4 JAs for us too :( , we auditioned at Birmingham and the results have at least come much earlier than we expected - short and swift! :) I haven't mentioned it to DD and will only let her know if she asks directly but to be honest she has forgotten all about it now. We are auditioning at Elmhurst next Saturday but will try not to get our hopes up. And I will make sure that I keep it as low key as is possible!

• Like 1

Commiserations and hugs for those with no letters, and well done to those yesses and waiting list places. Once you have your place you still have the stress of yearly appraisals, so just think what good practice all this is! :-)

My son never even got on a waiting list - but is now happily dancing classical ballet at vocational school. so no's don't always mean 'never'. They were still difficult though - preparing for no's is important I think, and after all, if they do go onto further training, decision times just happens more often!

• Like 7

A very well done to all the yes's and so your journey begins.

Eight years ago my daughter received the unwanted no letter .........it didn't even cross my mind to try the year after .

After a casual conversation with the ballet teacher she tried again.....I also tried her for the Northern associates at Warrington just in case she didnt get in Royal.....she was vey lucky and got both......

Like many have posted before no is not a never and it just maybe not this time.

My daughter is now about to finish her 4th year at vocational school!

• Like 5

Reading parents remembering about receiving those lovely 'yes' letters for JAs reminded me of the day our arrived an unbeliveable 9 years ago now! It too was a Saturday morning and we were just dashing off to a dance festival (nearly bumped into postman on doorstep). DD opened letter in the car and as she read it my heart sank! Assuming she wouldn't be accepted (it was a no the previous year) she had just auditioned an EYB production and had a fantastic time - just missed out on scholarship but was pulled to front to demonstrate one of the exercises. BUT rehearsals would clash with JAs and also there was the cost of doing both!

• Like 2

Hello everyone. First time post for me. My dd (8) is awaiting results from the London auditions, which I guess will be the last ones to come out? I wasn't too fussed until the audition day, but seeing how much it means to dd, how much she enjoyed the audition class and how hard she tried, I've been a nervous wreck ever since!

Was so glad to find this forum - and share the excitement/worry. Congratulations to all the yes's and sorry for all the no's, I've heard that many brilliant dancers get no's from RBS, so we should all be proud of our dcs no matter what ... well done to everyone for auditioning. And good luck to all those still waiting like us!

It's a mixed result for us - yes for Eloise (year 6) who had a CAT scheme call back for northern ballet(which we rejected) and a no for Gabriella (yr 4) who we were convinced would have a place!!

That is a shame, Eloise, but I do think the it is quite rare for places to be offered for yr 4. Whilst I have often said that parents should be realistic about future expectations it does seem that at no letter from RBS for yr 4 does not necessarily mean that it is the end of the road!

• Like 2

My advise to all the 'No's' is to keep applying... We found out yesterday that my DD who's 10 has been offered a RBS year 6 place in Sept, but it was her third attempt! She applied for a year 4 place & got a 'No', she applied the following year for a year 5 place & got another 'No' & yes, we applied again this year & finally got a 'Yes'! she has never been offered to go on a waiting list or had a 'we'd like to see you again next year' letter. Each time my DD's ballet teacher was very supportive & wanted my DD to get as much experience as possible to boost her confidence for future auditions so she was put forward for things like the RAD (ACE) associate classes at Birmingham, she had a go at the Margaret Brockway audition (didn't get to the final) but it all boosted her confidence & made her feel more relaxed in an audition situation. I know the 'No's' at such a young age are horrible for both child & parent but they do really toughen them up & makes them more determined, which is what is needed in the ballet world.

So please don't give up as you never know what the future may hold! :)

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for all your kind words on here:) it really helps me and my dd to know we are not on our own and that our first no doesn't mean that's it! We too have a amazing teacher that gives support and boosts her confidence and yesterday she was upset and felt the decision was down to her not being good enough but after a few cuddles and kind words she is eager to do her ace class today :) I am so glad I found this forum you are all amazing:) xx

Edited by grumpybearzuk
  • Like 4

Hello everyone. First time post for me. My dd (8) is awaiting results from the London auditions, which I guess will be the last ones to come out? I wasn't too fussed until the audition day, but seeing how much it means to dd, how much she enjoyed the audition class and how hard she tried, I've been a nervous wreck ever since!

Was so glad to find this forum - and share the excitement/worry. Congratulations to all the yes's and sorry for all the no's, I've heard that many brilliant dancers get no's from RBS, so we should all be proud of our dcs no matter what ... well done to everyone for auditioning. And good luck to all those still waiting like us!

Hello and welcome to the forum, fingers crossed for you and your dancing daughter.

Ax

One my students got a yes for a year 5 place!! and one got a no for a year 4 place. Congratulations to all the yes's and sorry to hear about the no's. Agree with everyone else keep dancing and your dd's, ds's time will come. My dd got waiting list twice (seems like a lifetime ago!) and she has just graduated from vocational dance college!!! :)

• Like 4

One my students got a yes for a year 5 place!! and one got a no for a year 4 place. Congratulations to all the yes's and sorry to hear about the no's. Agree with everyone else keep dancing and your dd's, ds's time will come. My dd got waiting list twice (seems like a lifetime ago!) and she has just graduated from vocational dance college!!! :)

Congratulations for you and your students wonderful news, its lovely to hear the success stories too, congratulations to your DD also!!

What centre is your student attending?

Ax

• Like 1

Well done all the yes's and to everyone else keep trying and never give up hope, my daughter was on waiting list and a few weeks later was offered a place for year 5,then in year 6 made it to White lodge final over several girls who got straight on to the J.A programme,she went on to get a mids place, so believe me it does happen xx fingers crossed to you all still waiting

• Like 1

Opened our letter today and my 9 year old son got into Leeds!!! Totally overwhelmed! Been a very emotional day to say the least!

Spanner and Pony,

Is your son doing a year 5 or 6 place at Leeds?

My daughter Eloise has got a year 6 place there!

Zoe

It's emlin278's with the ds, eloise_please. :-))

Well done to all the yes letters - exciting news!

It was dd's first time auditioning this year (she's 8) in London - am trying to keep her expectations low, distract her, etc. but she keeps asking lots of questions about it, today she was asking how many 8 year olds they take etc., does anyone know how many year 4s got in last year? Is it really just a few?

How do the year groups work? Are they grouped according to age like at school (years 3, 4 and 5) or do they mix the year groups? I've heard there are more places for years 5 and 6, but surely there should be less places as presumably some of last year's year 4s would be moving up to year 5 and so on? Unless there are more classes for the year 5 and 6 groups? Sorry for being so clueless, just new to all this and trying to understand it a bit better!

Oopps sorry for my mix up!

It was explained to me that they only take children they see potential in so it's not neccessarily that they have a set number of years 4,5 and 6's. If they see 10 year 4's with potential they might take them and only one or two year 6's. It's not set in stone. I asked when we went to JA for a day in London as I thought there would be no point in my eldest auditioning for a year 6 places thinking that all the spaces would be filled by the current year 5's but it didn't work like that. Anyway, it can't have done as she has been offered a year 6 place so there we go!!! Now to get a year 5 place next year for her disappointed year 4 sister!!