Any Junior Associate results out yet?

Nana's Taxi

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ameliemum remember me from chelmsford ballet? Good luck to your dd we were in the same position as you last year my dd was on swl previous year & last year got accepted! My dd has thoroughly enjoyed her ja classes but the year has gone so quickly cant believe she's starting year 6 sept.

Hi Jackie,

Its lovely to hear from you, I wondered how your daughter had got on this year. I tried to find you on here but was looking for your old name :-) I'm so glad she has enjoyed it, it must be fantastic. How are you coping with the journey each week?

Amelie really enjoyed her audition again but isn't feeling at all confident this year. She said there were so many amazing dancers in her group alone, I think she has resigned herself to a no this time, its hard when she got SWL last year, a no might knock her confidence a bit.

Year 6 already? it goes quickly doesn't it. My eldest daughter starts senior school this year and my youngest leaves the infants. Don't think i'm ready for either lol.

Hayley xx

• Like 1

Hi ameliemum, sorry your dd is a bit down after her audition remember tho the fantastic dancers in her group may not have the physique, musicality etc they like! Travel to classes ok takes approx 1 hour. Do hope its good news for your dd, the wait for letter seems endless i know. Yes you are right about photo!

I can feel the tension.......

Well done to those with a yes and to the waiting list place, although I know how frustrating that is. Both my sons got waiting list letters, one got in then went to WL and is about to start a ballet contract, the other didn't ever get a JA place and no longer dances - so you never know how things will turn out :)

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that Grumpybearz! :-(

Just remember it's not a "never", it's just a "not this time". Our dancing children have to face so many tests and possible "no"s, but you'd be amazed at how resilient they are.

• Like 2

Well done to all the yes-es and will keep fingers crossed for the waiting list dancers :) . Big hugs to all those with not this time letters. Don't give up we had a no letter for rbs last year but a yes for Scottish Ballet this year. Good things come to those who wait and a year can make a big difference! Balletshoesx

• Like 2

The wait is over but sad to say it was a no for my granddaughter. She is back from holiday tomorrow, I am very disappointed but will not let it show just encourage her to try next year.I know her teacher will be sad as she had the highest marks in her ballet exam. Congratulations to all the yes's.

Sorry to hear no's from you both . Just told my dd and we have had tears but she's cheering up a bit now (after I said I would take her out for a treat!) good thing is she's in angelina ballerina show next month so at least she's got that to look forward to:) and we have elmhurst next week. It was her first rejection so it was going to hurt but atleast she's ready now for anything else!!

Edited by grumpybearzuk
  • Like 1

Congratulations to all the yes's what lovely news well done!! I remember opening letter last year, I could hardly walk or speak with shock!! Exciting times ahead!!

Well done also to DC with waiting lists what an achievement too and remember no can mean not at this time also. Well done to all those DC for even doing the audition.

Ax

• Like 1

Very well done to all the yes's out there ... and so the journey begins!!! I still remember the elation of opening that letter and getting a yes for JAs just like it was yesterday, I even remember the very day, knowing the letter was on the doormat and that we wouldn't be home until late that night ... even though it was 6 years ago now! It's crazy how the years fly by. Like someone else said, I too have felt your tension .. It's such a long wait for THAT letter after the auditions have taken place. So sorry to all those who haven't been successful this time ... as my dd would say "keep calm and ballet on". x

• Like 2

We've just got a YES letter for a year 6 JA's place at Birmingham!! DD is dancing around the room in delight :) She also heard this week that she has passed her year 5 appraisal as a Elmhurst Associate & has been offered a year 6 place in Sept too!!... We couldn't have asked for a better week! I can now breathe & sleep at night! :rolleyes:

Good luck to anyone else still waiting x

Edited by Tippy_Toes
  • Like 6