Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have now heard from Hammond and Tring - both with offers to come back to the funding finals.  Feeling very proud of my DS as he now has four finals.  When we started this path I didn't really expect this at all.  I had rehearsed in my head a little speech to him about how he had done really well etc and never mind, he can always try again another year.  Now I am thinking I may need to rehearse a different little speech in my head, just in case........

Congratulations Suzyzoo - to get all 4 is a huge achievement - well done to your DS :)

Waiting list for us not sure what to make of this result?  Do DC on waiting list ever get in?  DD will be upset oh dear!!  :(

Keep the faith Pas de chat - waiting lists must be there for a reason and your DD has secured a place at The Hammond with funding audition still to go :) xx 

• Like 1

Pas de chat, well done for your DD being put on the waiting list - she may well have only just missed out on a straight yes and it isn't a no. There may be children offered places who turn them down for various reasons, whether because they change their minds about vocational school, cannot afford to take up the place, take up a place at a different school etc and your DD may be the one who benefits. Fingers crossed that she gets good news.

• Like 3

I've been reading some of the threads on here and have found out some very useful information so thanks!!

Pas de Chat, we had a friend who was on the waiting list two years ago and then got a call to say they had a place and is now happily at Tring so it does happen! 

My DS auditioned for Tring on 6th Feb and we got the letter today.  It's an invite to go for a funding audition on the 27th Feb!!!!!  Very proud!  :)   :)   :)But we're new to all of this so can I just ask a rather silly question…… Does that mean he's been offered a place regardless?? I must admit that I found the letter slightly ambiguous. Supposing he doesn't get the funding award but we can somehow manage to scrape together the money with the help of family members, would he still have a place? Does that make sense?! DS was left asking "so do I have a place at Tring?" and I didn't know what to tell him!! 

He's going for a final audition to Elmhurst in March too . Will there then be another recall audition for funding for Elmhurst after that, assuming he does well, of course!!! Don't want to start counting our chickens..etc…   Sorry if I'm asking very basic questions….As I say, all a bit new to this!

Thanks for any advice!  :)

Hi Taxi

As I understand it, yes, being accepted for Tring is an acceptance and you can go if you can pay (we can't pay so need the funding).  HOWEVER that is subject to there being a boarding place.  They keep places for the children who get funding, but on 6th, as you will recall, we were told there are not many boarding places left.  Suggest you ring them and ask.  I am not sure if you can opt to pay if you don't get funding and still be guaranteed a boarding place, therefore.

As regards Elmhurst - just one more audition as virtually all the places there are funded.  So I believe that if you are offered a place there it is highly likely to be funded.  We are back at Elmhurst in March too.  DS likes Elmhurst.  There is a good documentary about Elmhurst posted on the appraisals thread on here.  Worth watching...

Thanks Suzyszoo.  I tried to phone Tring this afternoon but it seems that everyone had left for half term, so I left messages to call me back.  I guess I'd just like to know what are his chances of a boarding place if he doesn't get the funding.  Then I will have decide whether to swallow my pride and grovel to the in laws and other relies (who have actually already offered to contribute, bless them, even though they can't really afford to…)  Or whether just to tell DS that its not to be this year. 

We'll hopefully see you at Elmhurst in March.  We really liked Elmhurst too. I was very impressed with the tour and the talk from the Principal. I really like her.  I'll make sure we watch the documentary. Thanks for letting me know. 

:)

I don't want to add to your stress Tomuchtalent but when DD2 got offered a place at Tring, it was a day place as they didn't have any boarding place left... even though we live abroad... and even though her big sister had an offer with boarding!!! 

I just wanted to let you know so you can prepare an alternative if you can...

Good luck!

Edited by afab

Hi pas de chat, my dd also got waiting list but no invite to funding audition. So even if she did get a place don't think we could afford to pay :(( The letter said they would write to us at the end of the spring term?

We had the same it is just an awful feeling.  No funding no Tring!  We are very disappointed as well! Apparently the list is about 12/14 and you never find out where you stand.  Do you have any reason/idea why your DD might have got on the waiting list? 

Hi my dd has been offered a funding final at Tring so is over the moon! Good luck to everyone for their finals and fingers crossed for waiting list! I had made it clear that we were only able to take a place if it was funded.

Axx

Edited by amber21
  • Like 6

I'm still waiting for Tring results!anybody else?

I suppose no news is good news.Wouldn't mind but we r waiting for an e mail not a letter so I know it hasn't been lost in the post!

This might be a really dumb suggestion...but have you checked your junk folder to see if it's gone in there?  With it being half term now and then funding auditions next Tuesday and Thursday, I would have expected them to have got everything out before half term?  Especially when you would need to make travel arrangements from overseas?  

Otherwise, I think you might have to make a phone call next Monday first thing? x

• Like 2

They sent me an e mail last week saying when they had the results they would send them.They must of forgotten about us!haha

Aaww I would probably phone them, we received our letter Friday Feb 14th a month after dd's audition.

Good luck

Axx

• Like 1