Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put this on the wrong thread so forgive me if you have read it. 

My gdd made the WL (yr 8) finals again, (yr 7 last year) along with her friend who will also be in her second final. I'm pretty sure there are only three places up for grabs, so the odds are quite long, we are looking forward

to the  28th but with mixed feelings this year. Good luck to all those waiting.

• Like 7

Congratulations to all the DCs going through to the finals . I hope you all feel special and proud , you deserve it !

Store up all those positive and encouraging high feelings to help you with the next phase ????

Big hugs and chins up to the Nos and remember it really means not yet but maybe soon !

• Like 4

I must say that I'm very impressed by the generosity of people on this forum, especially those whose own children have been disappointed this year but have, nevertheless, managed to congratulate others for their children's progress in the audition process.

• Like 13

I agree aileen.  People are very kind on this forum and it's probably not easy to congratulate someone else if your own child has been disappointed this time round.  We are waiting for our RB letter and I am pretty sure it will be a no and to be honest I will congratulate others, then, with a tinge of jealousy because I will be a little sad for him.  But other people's success/failure does not make my son a better or worse dancer does it?  The better they all are collectively, the better for British ballet in the long term...

• Like 15

I must say that I'm very impressed by the generosity of people on this forum, especially those whose own children have been disappointed this year but have, nevertheless, managed to congratulate others for their children's progress in the audition process.

It's one of those bittersweet situations where you are genuinely delighted for the children that are through to the next stage...but you can't help feeling a little sad that your DC didn't make the cut... and yet still feeling hugely proud (in my case) that DD got offers at Tring and The Hammond...and yet more, feeling sad for those DC who have had to deal with disappointment all round.

Mix it all up and that probably sums up most of us parents at the moment - whether for lower school or upper school - and that's before any of us get to the whole assessment cycles....

I say...lets all have a drink to congratulate / commiserate each other ;)

Except...I forgot...I can't drink at the moment - just started my diet yesterday :D

Edited by dtadmin
  • Like 6

Well done to all that made the finals for Rbs.

I'm not jealous one bit.

If my dd didn't get into any school then maybe a little but in a nice way.

It's not the end of the road but the beginning, my dd is only 10!

The no letter from the Rbs was very nice and explained what they are looking for and that it may of been only one criteria that didn't fit and to try again as kids develop at different rates.

Fingers crossed for everyone xxx

• Like 2

That's brilliant news Amber21 - so happy for you and DD - bet she's bouncing around!! :)

Great news Amber21! Good luck with finals

Thank you . . . . Yes still buzzing and bouncing. . . It has took all night to respond to friends and family's texts and phone calls! just booked train tickets and hotel! Any advice re getting to park would be most appreciated! I am thinking though there will probably be a thread on here somewhere! Lol!

Axx

• Like 1

Thank you . . . . Yes still buzzing and bouncing. . . It has took all night to respond to friends and family's texts and phone calls! just booked train tickets and hotel! Any advice re getting to park would be most appreciated! I am thinking though there will probably be a thread on here somewhere! Lol!

Axx

Congrats to you and your DD, should see you there, very exciting!! Getting to White Lodge is really easy depends on where you are staying really as there are a few gates in, also if wet order a taxi as its a good walk through the park to white lodge.  Hope this helps x

• Like 1

Hi my dd got her dream come true letter today. . . . . A yes for WL finals! We have spoken about her enjoying the experience and having lovely memories to cherish even if a place isn't offered.

Axx

I'm so chuffed you have finally got the yes letter amber21... Massive well done from us and good luck for finals ;) ;)

Cx

• Like 1

Sadly (but totally expected) it was a no for my DD for WL. Being new to all this, she auditioned for year 9 so would be curious to know how many of this age they took through to finals??

First time auditioning this year and it has been a steep learning curve but I have to say the WL audition was a very positive experience and hopefully helped her confidence for future auditions (she tried for elmhurst too but got so intimidated by the others warming up that it was a no in her mind before she even walked into the studio!!)... maybe still a glimmer of hope for MAs or maybe next year...

big congratulations to all of those who got through to finals & good luck with the next round :-)

Does anyone know if it counts against you if you apply to their summer schools when you haven't been successful??

Does anyone know if it counts against you if you apply to their summer schools when you haven't been successful??

Welcome to the forum Dancermum!

DD2 was not successful for WL and applied to RBS SS and got in so no, don't worry...

• Like 2