Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

Guest balletmum16

It's a no for us. Does mention being strongly considered for mids though. DD will be gutted despite having Elmhurst and Tring finals...something about White Lodge I suppose :(

• Like 1

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear the nos for these obviously very talented children. The margins between yes and no must be very fine at this stage. I have heard many stories of children who have had a no which has become a yes in the future. I know this is not very comforting at the moment whilst it is still raw, so break out the chocolate and wine (for the parents :-) ) good luck and hang on in there.

• Like 3

Congratulations to all the yes's well done and big hugs for the nos and good luck for the finals!!! Onwards and upwards . . .. . or sideways as in other paths. .. . . .

Axx

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

Axx

It's a no for us. Does mention being strongly considered for mids though. DD will be gutted despite having Elmhurst and Tring finals...something about White Lodge I suppose :(

It is an expected no for us as well! ): maybe next year we shall try again

Sorry for your news . . . As lots of other lovely parents have said on here it's a no only for now big hugs

Ax

• Like 1

Our letter from the London finals arrived yesterday.  Opening it, I had the same sick feeling in my stomach that I had when opening my exam results 30 odd years ago or when doing the pregnancy test to see if my IVF had worked (it did eventually, but lots of times it didn't).  I had absolutely convinced myself it would be no, as I know the competition for WL finals is so tough.  However, to our delight it is a yes.  I know how lucky this is.  My son now has finals for WL and Elmhurst, as does the other boy at his dance school, his best dancing friend.  Quite an achievement for the dance school to get two boys so far, all credit to them.  We went to Tring today and had a good day.  I probably saw you MVOBE, but I wasn't sure who you were.  Is your son F's friend (glasses?).

• Like 7

So Suzyszoo good news for your DS at last - I've been wondering when your letter would come ! Many congratulations ✨

So at this point you are in the same position we were in last year..... But with 2 more auditions to hear from ......even better

I found this next bit the hardest as after the WL trip , when you see around all the dorms and imagine life there etc .DS had convinced himself that he was going to be there , only to have the dream snatched away with a NO at the final hurdle! It is such a unique and inspiring place it's hard for it not to get under your skin !

Then there was the search for why ? What made him not be one of the chosen few ! ?

Then he fixed all his hopes on the next final and that was the longest 10 days of our lives.......what if that was a NO as well ......

All's well that ends well , or at least so far so good !

You just have to give it your best shot and be brave and so I wish your DS and all the other DC's and parents and will find the school that has the best fit for them , and that the agony of the waiting is short lived .

We tried to distract ourselves with festivals which worked quite well????????

Edited by Billyelliott
  • Like 3

So Suzyszoo good news for your DS at last - I've been wondering when your letter would come ! Many congratulations ✨

So at this point you are in the same position we were in last year..... But with 2 more auditions to hear from ......even better

I found this next bit the hardest as after the WL trip , when you see around all the dorms and imagine life there etc .DS had convinced himself that he was going to be there , only to have the dream snatched away with a NO at the final hurdle! It is such a unique and inspiring place it's hard for it not to get under your skin !

Then there was the search for why ? What made him not be one of the chosen few ! ?

Then he fixed all his hopes on the next final and that was the longest 10 days of our lives.......what if that was a NO as well ......

All's well that ends well , or at least so far so good !

You just have to give it your best shot and be brave and so I wish your DS and all the other DC's and parents and will find the school that has the best fit for them , and that the agony of the waiting is short lived .

We tried to distract ourselves with festivals which worked quite well

Hi Billy and thank you for your good wishes (and everyone else too).  We are happy to have got this far and I had no expectations of him ever getting so far really.  I know nothing about ballet so although for years people have been telling me that he is "quite good" at ballet, it was impossible for me to know - quite good- likely to get good marks in the exams then, or quite good - might get into the RBS then.  I think we would honestly all be thrilled and happy if he got to be an MA at the end of all this but even that is not certain is it?  Either way, I think my DS will honestly not mind either way as he is happy and proud of himself having got so far.  I suppose if his friend gets in somewhere and he doesn't, he will certainly miss his friend though.....

For my part, I have not truly thought about what it would be like if he does get an offer.  We would all miss him here.  I haven't thought about it because I don't see the point about worrying about choices you might never have to make.....  But I guess now that it is becoming more of a possibility that he might get an offer from somewhere, I will have to think about that a bit more.....

• Like 8

I have been following this forum from the beginning of the audition process last September!! I've followed everybody's ups and downs, cheered and commiserated with all of you!! Now I have news of my own that I have to share! My DD now has 3 finals, Tring , Elmhurst and then this week RBS finals!! Completely shell shocked!! But bursting with pride for her!

• Like 24

I have been following this forum from the beginning of the audition process last September!! I've followed everybody's ups and downs, cheered and commiserated with all of you!! Now I have news of my own that I have to share! My DD now has 3 finals, Tring , Elmhurst and then this week RBS finals!! Completely shell shocked!! But bursting with pride for her!

welcome Pirouette26, great news for your DD!  Are you looking at Year 7?

Thank you for the warm welcome! I feel like I know a lot of you already!! Yes pas de chat, DD is auditioning for year 7, and this waiting game following auditions is nail biting! But exciting all at the same time!

Good luck on your journey, to make three finals is great news :)

• Like 2

Congratulations and well done! It will ba an exciting day!

Ax

Massive congrats to your dd I'm not surprised your bursting with pride... Although we are no longer on the vocational audition route we love reading about everyone's journeys along the way and love to hear all the news good luck for finals everyone ;)

Cx

• Like 6

We have now heard from Hammond and Tring - both with offers to come back to the funding finals.  Feeling very proud of my DS as he now has four finals.  When we started this path I didn't really expect this at all.  I had rehearsed in my head a little speech to him about how he had done really well etc and never mind, he can always try again another year.  Now I am thinking I may need to rehearse a different little speech in my head, just in case........

• Like 16