Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

Feeling very sad for my dd.She keeps asking me everyday if we have heard from Tring yet!

I did speak to them and it seems that they havent yet got around to watching our DVD audition tape!They received it in the middle if January.Well I'm sure most of the places must of gone now.What can I say but very upset.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's such a shame TMT - do you you qualify for funding?  If not, there's still a chance that they could just offer your DD a straight place after the funding audition next Thursday?

If you do qualify for funding, I would be very upset that they haven't given your DD's DVD application consideration in time for the funding final....

On the plus side, maybe fate is leading to Elmhurst...you've got finals there so fingers crossed for that for you :)

• Like 1

Pirouette26

I did notice that the dates are the same!

My dd really wants to go to Tring so we might not go to the Elmhurst finals.

Have you decided what you are going to do?

After a long think over the months and after the results my dh,my dd and myself have decided that it would be best for my dd to do the theatre arts course.She loves ballet, dancing, singing and drama.I hope we have made the right choice!If it was me I would of loved to of gone to Elmhurst.

• Like 3

We have decided to go to the Elmhurst finals instead! Dd a bit disappointed about not being able to do the Theatre Arts, but she can't do the impossible!! Good luck to your Dd at Tring, it's a fantastic place!! Luckily the Tring dance funding audition doesn't clash with anything else, she's really looking forward to that ????

• Like 2

Along for the ride mum

As much as I love Elmhurst my dd has chosen the Theatre arts course.She loves all things and does not want to concentrate only on ballet at the moment.Her words"I'm to young to decide yet"

As we have a place at Tring and that's where she wants to go I don't think it's fair to go to the Elmhurst audition when she knows she won't be going there..Also we are abroad and it will cost a fair bit.

• Like 3

Just to wish GOOD LUCK to all of the DC who are auditioning at YDA this Sunday.

My DD is coming to the end of her 5 years at YDA and she will be so sad to leave.  It has been truly wonderful for her and so nuturing.

The 5 years have flown and DD has ENB, Elmhurst and Central finals and Rambert in March, so onwards and upwards.

• Like 3

I've just had a 'no' email following dd's funding final at Tring yesterday. We were completely anticipating it as we didn't even expect her to reach this far! It's the only school she auditioned for on the advice of her teacher (hence the reasons our expectations were quite low to start with!) but even still it's disappointing to know the dream is probably over for her for this year. I just feel a bit sad for her but I'm sure she'll bounce back. The email does say she's on a waiting list but obviously that's generic and will probably apply to everyone who was there yesterday! 
Good luck to those still waiting and a massive well done to those lucky enough to have had a yes! Your talented children should be incredibly proud to have been picked from what I'm sure must have been an incredibly talented group of children!  

• Like 3

Clara

Congrats to dd on getting that far! In my experience, there can be quite a bit of movement on waiting lists. As there are often the same girls at finals for several schools it is possible that some girls offered MDS at Tring may also get offers at other schools which suit them better so the offer then goes on down the waiting list. I know there was a fair bit of movement last year.

• Like 2

Clara, there will be many children who receive multiple offers (assuming your DD went for a Y7 place) and this will free up funding and places in weeks to come - waiting list places do become reality, people will be waiting to get results from Elmhurst/RBS before making any firm decisions.  It may be worth contacting the school to find out how far down the list she is before you discount it all together!

Well done for reaching the finals, that is an achievement :-)

Fingers crossed for your DD.

Me too Clara, my DD is going to be devastated when I tell her. She was recalled for the physio yesterday so she was on such a high and today it's all been shattered, I could cry right now. I hope she can pick herself back up in time for the elmhurst finals :-(

Oh Amandalou, I feel even worse for your dd. I had at least prepared dd that those seeing the physio may have been more likely to have been allocated places. Maybe it will mean she will be ranked quite high on the waiting list? But as I have learnt, no assumptions can ever really be made when it comes to auditioning for vocational schools! I wish her all the best for Elmhurst and hope she gets the positive news she's hoping for somewhere along the line, whether it be at the Elmhurst finals or a place from the waiting list at Tring!

Thank you Along for the ride Mum and Bankrupt Mum, I do want to retain a glimmer of hope but I'm also trying to be realistic! Dd in her own words only ranked herself as about number 20! And she really isn't the kind of child to put herself down unnecessarily! If she thinks she's done well she's happy to say so but if she sees others are better she will say that too. Either way I think she'll still be crushed even if we were all kind of expecting it. 

Fingers crossed that miracles can sometimes happen though! In the meantime she'll have to dust herself down, pick herself up and carry on dancing. After all, if it's where her heart lies she'll have to learn to cope with the disappointment along the way!   

Edited by Clara