Lower school audition results 2014

JulieW

Clara things really will juggle around long into May - dont loose hope just yet - it really is worth ringing the school.  They will have ranked everyone and are usually happy to pass on the information, at least it may put your mind at rest (email if you arent feeling brave)!!

As I mentioned other schools havent even held their finals yet so nobody will be turning any places down for a while.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad for your girls, and do contact the school about where they are on the waiting list (if you'd like to know of course!) - I think they are happy to tell people.  As others have said, there will be a lot of movement yet with those who have multiple finals.

Thinking of you and your dd's and sharing difficult news. Maybe it will soften the blow to remind them that all schools look for something different. My dd was not invited to Tring funding final 2 years ago, but got a MDS place elsewhere ( and is having a great time and making fabulous progress)

• Like 3

Amandalou I emailed and was told the same thing  :( It does make it hard to decide whether there's still hope or very little. I'm not telling dd until Sunday night as she has her NYB audition that day and I don't want her to go in disheartened. I just hope she doesn't come across too many from the audition who have been accepted otherwise she'll probably put two and two together and realise hers was a no. I'm, glad your dd is able to look ahead to Elmhurst finals. Fingers crossed for you both.

• Like 2

I know of different children who got a no at mds final at Tring but went on to get places at Elmhurst and White Lodge... One boy went to Elmhurst who wasn't recalled to the funding final.

As for the waiting list, my oldest dd got her funding off the waiting list about 3 weeks after the audition. It does happen!

• Like 7

Guest balletmum16

My little dd is snuggled up in bed with me after our no email. She also saw the physio and we couldn't help but to see that as a positive thing. She was very excited yesterday and is deflated today. Elmhurst finals still to go but think it is just dawning on us how hard this journey is.

• Like 5

Guest Autumn days

This is my understanding of how things work at Tring although it is based on my experience of what happened to my dd and her friends a few years ago.

If you go to see the physio, it IS a good sign. Everyone offered a place will have seen the physio. But remember, there are few MDS awards to go round and they don't just go to yr 7s. They also seem to offer more to boys than girls at At Tring so not many get them.

After the auditon, practically everyone that doesn't get an MDS is put on the waiting list but those that saw the physio are likely to be at the top. People do get in off the waiting list but there are obviously no guarantees that it will happen this year or how many.

I know people who didn't get MDS at Tring but did get other places.

Now, a question! Tose that have had a no, do you have an unfunded place or is it a straight no? Still waiting to hear about the 6th form auditions and still confused about whether everyone at the final has a place!

Now, a question! Tose that have had a no, do you have an unfunded place or is it a straight no? Still waiting to hear about the 6th form auditions and still confused about whether everyone at the final has a place!

Not sure whether it is the same this year, but last year dd (and several others we know) were offered places, but no invite to the funding audition (this was for Y10 entry). 

I'm supposing that if you are invited to the final, then presumably you have been offered a place anyway?

Guest Autumn days

They seem to be doing it differently this year, taxi! My dd auditioned for 6th form and the invite to the final didn't mention a place at all. I got the impression from some of the comments here that it is the same for lower school.

I was wondering if tose that went to the lower school final but did not get funding have now been offered unfunded places.

Edited to add last sentence.

Edited by mum in a spin
  • Like 1

Hi mum in a spin this is my post from earlier this month

Ax

Hi my dd has been offered a funding final at Tring so is over the moon! Good luck to everyone for their finals and fingers crossed for waiting list! I had made it clear that we were only able to take a place if it was funded.

Axx

Mum in a Spin we have not been offered an unfunded place, just told dd's name would be added to the reserve list, but assuming that as there are others who have also had a no but did see the physio, we are probably quite low in the pecking order! 

Guest balletmum16

My understanding was that we were offered a place if we wanted to take it but only had until December to accept and send the deposit. As we need a funded place we weren't in a position to accept so had to wait for the results of the funding audition. Consequently, the paid places have gone and the only beds remaining are for funded places.

I think you might be right balletmum16.  When we got our offer in December - we had a pack containing registration forms, etc and were given until 10th Jan to accept the place and pay the deposit in order to secure our DD's place irrespective of the outcome of the funding audition.

DD was also invited back to audition for funding.  Some of you may remember that I posted at the time about the dilemma of wondering whether to bite the bullet and pay the deposit (because it had risen significantly from last year) or whether to hold off until after funding in the hope we might get an MDS award. 

A couple of other forum members at the time did warn that by the time of the funding audition all the boarding places could have been taken already and in the end we decided that we would definitely pay the registration and then we would know that DD had a place regardless.

It has turned out to be the right decision - DD is also on waiting list for an MDS award following Thursday's audition so if we hadn't already registered her place we might not be able to now.

I know a couple of DD's from the later auditions whose funding final letters were just that - an invite to funding rather than the full registration pack so it may well be that all the beds were taken except for the ones reserved for MDS places.

Anyway, for us now, we're on strict budgeting duty ;) xx

• Like 3

My DS has been offered a place at WL for year 7!  We are thrilled and stunned and a bit anxious and we can't really believe it.  And best of all, his friend from our little local dance school also has a place for year 7!  So good news all round and amazing that one dance school has two boys into year 7.  I hope all the year 7 girls have a lovely day tomorrow at their final audition.  It was a great day for us last week and the children make a big effort with their "good luck" messages on their beds for the auditionees to see.    

• Like 23