In which ballet......

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Jeanne d'arc - I couldn't find who choreographed it but it was danced by Eleonora Vlasova and Yuri Grigoriev.

I know Anna Pavlova danced a solo "Papillons" - but i don't know if she went up in flames!

You are on the right track ,one is a three act the other one act.

Romeo and Juliet,

Taming of the Shrew (Lucentio amongst others)

Fille Mal Gardee (Alain - although of course he doesn't play it well)

Apollo

Orpheus (Balanchine)

I know you said 3 but I'm not sure if I'm on the right lines so thought I would try a few!

Well, that's interesting, Janet!  

Those you mentioned surely do count - but I thought of three other ones.  We are learning a lot about these different aspects of ballet.....

so......there are still at least three more out there....

Got to be Romeo and Juliet, hasn't it?

Indeed!! :-)

After R&J 'get wed' - its carnage! and that's not including the townsfolk swept up in the brawl! Mercutio, Tybalt, Paris, Romeo and finally Juliet. Actually, could be six funerals if Juliet gets a second one...

I did hesitate, because I suppose it would be 6 funerals, but then I thought as Juliet has already had her funeral, she probably wouldn't get another one.

I suppose I have got to think of a question now, have I?  (dashes off to look up obscure fact about ballet no one has ever heard of.....)

• Like 1

This thread certainly makes for fascinating reading!! We'll all be able to go on Mastermind soon at this rate!!

Sorry to go back but still another ballet where necklaces are important apart from ones already mentioned (and learned a new one in Ondine)

Giselle came to my mind but

This thread certainly makes for fascinating reading!! We'll all be able to go on Mastermind soon at this rate!!

Sorry to go back but still another ballet where necklaces are important apart from ones already mentioned (and learned a new one in Ondine)

Ah! Marguerite and Armand.

• Like 1