In which ballet......

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the second answer to my blindfold question might be an answer to your question Anjuli - there's a fight with food between the Duchess and the Cook in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...

(Plus, with respect to my question, a segment where Alice is blindfolded by Jack & the White Rabbit between Acts. Never quite understood why!)

Perhaps the second answer to my blindfold question might be an answer to your question Anjuli - there's a fight with food between the Duchess and the Cook in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...

(Plus, with respect to my question, a segment where Alice is blindfolded by Jack & the White Rabbit between Acts. Never quite understood why!)

It was so that Alice couldn't follow Jack and the White Rabbit into danger

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaah!!!!!....... Gediminas Taranda certainly enjoyed himself in the background of that scene. I would have thought that half the audience would have been watching him at that moment rather than Aegina.

My question is: which ballet includes a famous pas de deux which has nothing whatsoever to do with the main narrative? [ And I'm not thinking of Flames of Paris here.]

My question is: which ballet includes a famous pas de deux which has nothing whatsoever to do with the main narrative? [ And I'm not thinking of Flames of Paris here.]

Are you, perhaps, thinking of the Diana and Acteon Pas de Deux in Esmerelda?

Intriguing......sounds like it might be one I'd like to see though. I just hope the old grey matter is quietly working away at it and the answer will just pop in my head while I'm doing pliés in class tonight!!

Foxed at the mo.

Is it Sadko?

That's not the one I was thinking of, but sounds a fascinating ballet! 

In the ballet I'm thinking of, the trip to the underwater kingdom is one of three trials the hero needs to do... the others include climbing a mountain at the edge of the world, and bathing in a cauldron of boiling water. 

David W wrote: "In the ballet I'm thinking of, the trip to the underwater kingdom is one of three trials the hero needs to do... the others include climbing a mountain at the edge of the world, and bathing in a cauldron of boiling water."

This is "The Little Humpbacked Horse".

My question now again: In which ballet the main female heroine lost her beauty and had to keep her new ugly face covered?