White Lodge Final Auditions

Nana Lily

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, as others have said, about the Royal taking more British students. I know the Company can, quite rightly, pick the very best dancers,but there really needs to be more British dancers, especially Principals, in its ranks, before it becomes like the football Premier League altogether, and local talented youngters don`t hardly get a look in.!

I feel very strongly about UK trained kids (after all, doesn't the taxpayer fund part of their training) getting every opportunity, and for their talent to be nurtured right through when they are in the RBCompany. How many RBS trained Soloists and Principals are there in RB? Very few :(

To poster 72: It is already a Premier League, with foreign imported talent filling the higher ranks. That's hardly news.

• Like 1

Congratulations windover60 - fantastic news! How nice that there is 3 of them going :)

I still remember the complete sense of shock when we received our letter a couple of years back. Enjoy the moment, the practicalities do eventually fall into place! Very best wishes to you, your DD and her friends - exciting times!

• Like 2

Hi all

My DD has got a year 7 place - we are very excited but also shocked!! There are 3 of them definately going from their JA class !!

Letter states strongly that place offered for one year at a time.

Aawh lovely news, congratulations to your DD and her friends from JA's. Well done!! My DD JA and would love to go but too young to audition yet!!

Ax

• Like 1

Many congratulations to those with places :)

And just to clarify - the vast majority of students at the lower school (White Lodge) are British - something that changes at Upper School!

Hi all

My DD has got a year 7 place - we are very excited but also shocked!! There are 3 of them definately going from their JA class !!

Letter states strongly that place offered for one year at a time.

Well done wonderful news ;) enjoy the moment!

I hope there's more good news out there and chin up for the bad news :(

Cx

Yes a big well done to all those who got offered a place.

Unfortunately my DD didn't get a year 8 place but I had a lovely talk with her mids teacher which made me believe that she is absolutely right to keep trying.

There's always next year!

• Like 3

Awww never mind Sniffymum - still a great achievement to get to the finals.I know of a few girls who auditioned every year but didn't get in till year 10 so there's always hope. One of them even turned down an offer at Elmhurst for year 9 because she was so determined to get into White Lodge. This was a few years ago though. :)

Thank you everyone for the congratulations - its lovely to have support and advice from those that have been through it - no doubt i will have loads of questions as time moves on.... Good luck to all going for elmhurst and other places

Miracle - we are from the Bristol Centre

Are the white lodge auditions for year 7 similar to the ja audition? Do ja girls that audition generally wear their white ja leotards? Or is it better to wear different leotard? Only asking as dd who is a ja wants to audition next year! Any advise please!

Hi balletjack

I only have my daughters experience this year but the first round audition was like their JA class and their teacher suggested a different leotard - a style she liked and thought looked better than the white ones but could be any colour. Most girls wore different colour leotards. Hope that helps.