White Lodge Final Auditions

Nana Lily

Amidst all the excitement awaiting letters, we should spare a thought for some little people who are living the reality of losing their places at the school this past week. Sometimes when talking about available places we forget they come at a huge cost to other children who feel that their dream has gone....am sure that is not true as some parents on the forum have also shown...but I bet it feels that way now for them.Some of the parents might be reading the forum and feeling upset....big hugs to them all!

• Like 8

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely agree - remember that three years after the excitement of getting the place, we were at the receiving end of the worst letter ever. That is also an occasion completely ingrained in my memory and makes me shudder and quite tearful when I think about it now, even five years on. We've discussed this at length on another thread of course, and it is worth reminding people, especially when going for years 8-11, that someone may be having to leave which is why there's space for you. But that's not the fault of the person getting the place and I think the existing students realise that too and make them welcome.

• Like 3

There are also occasions where a place is offered and despite mds you just can't make it happen! That's what happened to us a few years ago ... total excitement at being offered a place, followed by total devastation a few months later when we had to give up that place and tell dd that she couldn't go after all. I'll never forget how utterly horrible it was when we had to break the news to dd ... that still makes me shudder and I think it always will. The highs and lows are quite extreme!

Thankyou Sniffymum ... yes, things have worked out. We were very fortunate to have access to excellent local training for the last couple of years and as of this year dd is now at vocational school.

'Yes' letter for dd's school was a thick large envelope.

I do so wish everyone the best of luck ... those few days between final audition and getting the letter are just the longest days! x

• Like 2

Sniffymum - generally that's the case - as the "no" is just a letter saying sorry that you've been unsuccessful and the "yes" contains other info (that always used to be the case for WL anyway - and I think Elmhurst is the same)

My daughter did not get into East 15 , the drama school which she desperately wanted to go to. It was a lovely thick letter, which made me feel hopeful for her, but in fact was just a load of information asking her if she wanted to go to a summer school there :-(

You're not inadequate :lol: - as Glowlight says, some of us have been around a long time!! You pick these things up as you go along and by getting to know people at auditions/the forums. Keep asking questions - someone else might be wondering the same thing but is too scared to ask.

• Like 3

Yes I wouldn't have thought that those who are called to finals and don't get a place automatically get mids/sas because not all auditionees tick the white lodge box-there may be a fabulous dancer auditioning who doesn't want full-time and is only interested in associates.

swe

I will share with you our family experience of the last two years with RBS.

Both my DD's went to WL finals and both were offered MIds, though they didnt take up their places as they went on to vocational school elsewhere. In both years from their JA class there were girls who went to finals, not offered WL places,were placed on the waiting list for Mids, but didn't get MA places, very few did (one girl in one year and two girls in the other year). In both years there were girls we knew who only ticked the MA box and were offered a Mids place. In both years from their JA class there were gilrs who ticked the MA box only, but were invited to the finals. One them was offered a WL place which she didn't take up but did take up a Mids place, the other wasn't offered anything. Sorry I can't add any information for girls who weren't JA's.

I also know of children offered WL places, but not Elmhurst, and others vice versa

For MA places I don't think there is any system or any way of working it out, its depends on the number of girls and the number of places and who the RBS want to continue further training (for those who have been JA's) and the number of places available.

It is a long wait for those MA letters. Best wishes to those waiting.

NL

edited for clarity (hopefully!)

Edited by Nana Lily
  • Like 1

They have, or at least our DD's did this morning. It was a small thin envelope which I left unopened. :(

Alas,I fear that I shall be returning home from work to some disappointment shortly.

Edited by JA_Dad

Good luck everyone!! We were there 5 yrs ago and know how agonising it is. Looks like we will be doing it all again next year too with my youngest!

Please let us all know how you get on! x