Gifts for teachers of adult students.

Farli

Hi everyone 

I am a mature adult working on my ISTS intermediate ballet during lockdown! I have various health issues and my teacher has been so supportive and helpful during this difficult time. She’s working so hard I wanted to get her a gift but something special. I don’t know too much about her personal life so it’s a bit difficult. Most ideas online seem to be for kids to give their teachers so I thought I would ask you guys for your help. Much appreciated xx

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cluelessmomma said:

Do they have a garden? There are rose varieties named after famous ballet dancers - Anna Pavlova and Darcy Bussell spring to mind but I’m sure there would be others! 

Yes she has a garden. Wow I didn’t know that! What an awesome idea. Thank you so much 😊💗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pas de Quatre said:

I have gratefully received a bottle wine from pupils over many years.  The advantage is that it doesn't have to be consumed immediately but can be saved for an appropriate occasion.

Thank you! Sounds great. I can make her a gift up to include that 💗😊 x

On another recent thread in this section.about gifts (I think it was about gifts for male dancers) there was a lovely candle company with some dance themed labels scented candles that look lovely! Based on Eakring in Nottinghamshire I recall....

2 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

On another recent thread in this section.about gifts (I think it was about gifts for male dancers) there was a lovely candle company with some dance themed labels scented candles that look lovely! Based on Eakring in Nottinghamshire I recall....

Oh that’s fabulous. Thank you. I will take a look 😊👍 x

2 hours ago, Bex does ballet said:

This is my Darcey Bussell rose which I received as a very thoughtful gift from a friend, I love it

9457F907-3FE4-4953-82B5-7619F3642680.jpeg

Wow! That is stunning. I really love that. I think I will find her one of those 💗😊thank u for sharing x

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

My order from Ballet4Boyz came very quickly and was very well packaged.  It is a present for a friend.

Thank you so much. I will have a look at those. So many amazing ideas. I will have to save some for Xmas! Thanks u 🙏🏼😊 x

3 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

23 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

I’m definitely going to remember the Ballerina roses! Maybe even as gifts to myself 😉

I think I may do the same ! My birthday is in July so that may end up on my list! 😊😊💗 x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farli said:

Wow! That is stunning. I really love that. I think I will find her one of those 💗😊thank u for sharing x

I bought a Darcey Bussell for a ballet friend at Christmas and it has just produced its first bloom. You might find that the plants are only available at certain times of year. Good luck in your search. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karen said:

I bought a Darcey Bussell for a ballet friend at Christmas and it has just produced its first bloom. You might find that the plants are only available at certain times of year. Good luck in your search. 

Oh wow. They’re really beautiful. Thank you for the heads up.  I will have a look and see what I can come up with. Thanks so much 😊

6 hours ago, Fiz said:

David Austin Roses sell Darcey Bussell. It’s a prolific dark red, almost burgundy colour rose. We have two in our garden.

I was just coming to say they are available now, in pots, ready to plant!  ... i only know as i was looking at them myself the other day !!!

Thank you

4 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

I was just coming to say they are available now, in pots, ready to plant!  ... i only know as i was looking at them myself the other day !!!

Brilliant. Thanks so much. Going to order x 😊

• Like 2

Hi Everyone, thanks for mentioning my candle gifts for dancers ! Just to let you all know - apart from ballet - I will also be releasing candles with themes for other dance genres and vocalists / musicians / actors etc . 
There are already some on my website for tap dancers & street with more to come !!! 
Might produce some for all the lovely teachers out there too - now you’ve put it in my mind. 😊

Anybody interested from this Ballet Forum ... if you DM me - I’ll give you a 15% discount code 😊

0D45D9CD-04DA-4F54-BF87-FF740E673938.jpeg

FE1AC87D-0D95-4F8E-B130-60058F66842B.jpeg

D8E92A79-71A8-4594-B0DF-9C7ADB297D81.jpeg

7F5531AB-C9D6-408F-ACC0-EBAFAB28484C.jpeg

On 24/05/2020 at 14:08, Ballet4Boyz said:

Hi Everyone, thanks for mentioning my candle gifts for dancers ! Just to let you all know - apart from ballet - I will also be releasing candles with themes for other dance genres and vocalists / musicians / actors etc . 
There are already some on my website for tap dancers & street with more to come !!! 
Might produce some for all the lovely teachers out there too - now you’ve put it in my mind. 😊

Anybody interested from this Ballet Forum ... if you DM me - I’ll give you a 15% discount code 😊

0D45D9CD-04DA-4F54-BF87-FF740E673938.jpeg

FE1AC87D-0D95-4F8E-B130-60058F66842B.jpeg

D8E92A79-71A8-4594-B0DF-9C7ADB297D81.jpeg

7F5531AB-C9D6-408F-ACC0-EBAFAB28484C.jpeg

Thank you for posting 😊😊

David Austin has the best roses in my experience.  The quality and service are both excellent.  I got my father their Ballerina rose https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/ballerina which is absolutely beautiful.  I should say my father is not a ballerina but as it was from me and I love doing ballet, it seemed apt and Darcey Bussell needs more sun than their garden gets. 

Danse de feu https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/danse-de-feu is another of their dance themed ones which is beautiful but it's a climber so it needs more space and a climbing frame.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tango Dancer said:

David Austin has the best roses in my experience.  The quality and service are both excellent.  I got my father their Ballerina rose https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/ballerina which is absolutely beautiful.  I should say my father is not a ballerina but as it was from me and I love doing ballet, it seemed apt and Darcey Bussell needs more sun than their garden gets. 

Danse de feu https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/danse-de-feu is another of their dance themed ones which is beautiful but it's a climber so it needs more space and a climbing frame.  

Wow. Thanks s much for all the information. That’s great! I didn’t know they did so many! Thanks again for all your help 😊