Video Auditions/associate schemes

Astrid

I was wondering, how do these work? 

Given the latest developments (not sure how these would affect ballet schools) - and the fact that Ballet Boost have just announced video auditions for associate courses - I was wondering if others might follow suit? 

do you get one shot like in an audition or can they be re done over and over? I’m guessing that not many would know the answer to this as they are not common place? I did have a quick look at ballet boost but as this isn’t something we are actually applying to I am not sure I can find out.

also, RBS now seem to have put all their application dates for next year in their website 🤔 which is interesting given we still haven’t done this years? 

Anyone else wondering what might happen? 🤨

or just me 😂

Speaking from the perspective of someone who receives video auditions every year (and is likely to have a lot this year!) it doesn’t matter whether someone does their video once or 10 times. It will still be enough to make a judgement on the candidates suitability. In an audition class we often repeat an exercise several times, with the students in groups or rotating lines etc so they always get a second shot at something so in that respect it’s not like an exam anyway.

• Like 2

Central School of Ballet are also going ahead with video auditions for their associate programme. I have to say, I have 2 children on the programme and what they have offered their associate students online at the moment is fantastic. We have weekly zoom classes in place in ballet, contemporary, Pilates and an extra HIIT class which means they are still getting access to exceptional teaching and feedback. They also love seeing their friends! I have friends whose children attend other schemes who aren’t being offered anything at all or just a pre-recorded class. Can’t recommend this programme highly enough!

• Like 5

My DS has had Ballet Boost and home dance school lessons via zoom. He's really enjoyed them, particularly the interaction.  He also did two videoed final auditions for 16+ ballet schools and got offers for both. He said they were easier than the first auditions as he had less nerves!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bolshoi said:

Central School of Ballet are also going ahead with video auditions for their associate programme. I have to say, I have 2 children on the programme and what they have offered their associate students online at the moment is fantastic. We have weekly zoom classes in place in ballet, contemporary, Pilates and an extra HIIT class which means they are still getting access to exceptional teaching and feedback. They also love seeing their friends! I have friends whose children attend other schemes who aren’t being offered anything at all or just a pre-recorded class. Can’t recommend this programme highly enough!

I second this @Bolshoi!! Highly recommend this programme. 
My DD goes to Central associates too, Can’t fault it-Love Central. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Has anyone completed the ballet boost audition videos and did you have teacher help? 

On our list of things to do this weekend!

Going to attempt ourselves, mainly as not an associate scheme our teacher suggested.

Edited by BellaF

14 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Has anyone completed the ballet boost audition videos and did you have teacher help? 

We did -got a yes which is really lovely news 

teacher helped with music as neither she nor my daughter appreciated my choices 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all - newbie here. I was looking for other people's experiences of video auditions and came across this thread. My DD applied for Ballet Boost Associates but we, perhaps naively, left it until the closing date last week as the email we had from them said explicitly that they wouldn't be making any decisions until after they had received and reviewed all the submissions, and would let everyone know by 3rd July. I'm now really worried that people have been accepted already after submitting the videos earlier. This doesn't seem fair at all. Does anyone have experience them doing this before?

I’m sure they’re all being viewed fairly. Ballet Boost have said in their Facebook and insta posts that they are viewing every single submission but they’ve had lots so it’s taken time. 

I know those that are current students have received their classes for next year. 

I’m still waiting to find out times and class for DD. 

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Ballet Boost? I understand that they had a lot of applications, although it's making me nervous that it's nearly 3pm on the day they said they would inform everyone and we still haven't heard anything! 

Hello. We submitted our video quite early so got told DD had a place but don’t know what class and haven’t received any enrolment forms or anything. 

I thought today we might have received it all today but we haven’t had anything yet. 

I wonder if because they’ve had so many they’ve slipped the 3rd July date?