Video Auditions/associate schemes

Astrid

7 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Hello. We submitted our video quite early so got told DD had a place but don’t know what class and haven’t received any enrolment forms or anything. 

I thought today we might have received it all today but we haven’t had anything yet. 

I wonder if because they’ve had so many they’ve slipped the 3rd July date? 

Hi @SJBallet, which centre have you been offered a place at? Do you know which group your daughter/son is going into? I might be able to help if it’s the same one as my DD, otherwise someone else might be able to. Also, they’re really good with admin and responding to emails so if you send them an email with your question I’m sure they’ll respond ASAP. We did get an email from them on Wednesday with my DD new group on, saying that they were exceptionally busy at the moment, so that might be why 😊

Let me know if I/anyone can help with anything! 

4 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Congrats to all. Dd2 just awarded a place in SeniorA London.

We are senior a class too !

class time on a Sunday morning travelling from east London 😳😳😳🤩🤩🙈🙈

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2020 at 17:50, fwr said:

Thanks both - I'll try not to worry! I'm sure you're right - bit annoyed that they said one thing and have clearly done another but hopefully there are spaces left.

Hello,

The only reason I changed the plan was to give the poor dancers some good news in these worrying times! I felt they deserved to know as quickly as possible.

We never normally do video auditions so its new to us all but I have been very fair and created wait lists to ensure spaces were available. Just felt a bit of good news was needed as soon as possible to lift the spirits! 

Hope everyone is well 😃

• Like 4

Everyone always gets a reply. Have they checked their spam?!

We had hundreds of emails to send so possibly got bounced by the security on their computers.

Ask them to email admin@balletboost.com for their result.

Edited by Emma northmore

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have been reading the posts on this forum but this is the first time I have posted. We received an email today notifying us that RBS JA’s Year 4 and 5 auditions will now be via video audition. Are there any Year 6’s on here who have auditioned via video this time who can offer some advice?

Edited by Balletbuds80

The year 6 audition was really easy I wouldn’t worry about it you didn’t need much space.  It followed a similar format to normal JA auditions there will be nothing in the audition your DC wouldn’t have already undertaken in their ballet class. My DD liked the video audition there was less stress and she had no one to compare to.  Good luck to your DC

15 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

The year 6 audition was really easy I wouldn’t worry about it you didn’t need much space.  It followed a similar format to normal JA auditions there will be nothing in the audition your DC wouldn’t have already undertaken in their ballet class. My DD liked the video audition there was less stress and she had no one to compare to.  Good luck to your DC

Thank you. There wasn’t a lot of detail on the email. I think we get 2.5 weeks to submit our application?

We're group 4 (Birmingham) so a bit of a while to wait for info. 

Do they send a video to follow along to or a list of exercises? Is there a lot of actual ballet or static stretches /standing in positions? 

So glad we finally have news!!

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Do they send a video to follow along to or a list of exercises? Is there a lot of actual ballet or static stretches /standing in positions? 

Yes me too. We are Group 2 so shouldn’t be too long. I hope the content will be the same as the class auditions so at least we have an inkling of what to expect (from previous threads on here). 

Did you understand the email to say we will hear 2.5 weeks before our submission deadline so we get 2.5 weeks to create the video application?

2 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Yes me too. We are Group 2 so shouldn’t be too long. I hope the content will be the same as the class auditions so at least we have an inkling of what to expect (from previous threads on here). 

Did you understand the email to say we will hear 2.5 weeks before our submission deadline so we get 2.5 weeks to create the video application?

I took it as they would email us with instructions and we'd have 2.5 weeks to complete filming and send back. Could well be wrong and I'm sure someone who's been there for year 6 will be more informed! 

9 minutes ago, BellaF said:

my DD had a video to follow along too for year 6 there was some standing positions stretches, tendu, plies and allegro.  No barre.  Like i said was very basic and followed similar exercise to the auditions my DD did at previous RBS JA auditions.  

• Like 1

Was there any improvisation in the RBS video auditions? I understand they usually do this but not sure how that would work via video.

Also do you just get a single use link to the video so you can only do it once ie you are filming them following the video for the first time? That would seem to be the fairest way.

JA audition had a piece of music to improvise to. Can’t honestly remember if it was played once to just listen to and then again to dance to. Just upper body though: they had to kneel during it. 

I think the link could be used more than once. I also wondered about this: how many people would cheat. I reckon though they’d be able to tell: little ones probably aren’t good enough actors to pretend to respond to instructions as though it was the first time they’d heard them. Not worth it anyway: you need to be successful by playing by the rules or it doesn’t count in my book. 

I think all these video auditions are really good practice for them.  

Even when we get back to 'normal' I think schools/colleges/employers and companies will realise they don't need to see people in real life - so video auditions (and interviews for those of us not in the creative arts) may continue to be more normal.  After all, many schools already have a video audition process for overseas candidates.  In some ways it would level the playing field, and certainly keep the cost of auditioning down (no hotel and travel costs).

• Like 1