Room 101

taxi4ballet

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is when a man is explaining something in words of one syllable to a woman because he believes that all women are dunces, and that he knows everything about everything and you couldn't possibly understand, but he will tell you (at length) anyway.

In which case I fully support its inclusion in Room 101!

• Like 2

It is when a man is explaining something in words of one syllable to a woman because he believes that all women are dunces, and that he knows everything about everything and you couldn't possibly understand, but he will tell you (at length) anyway.

beautifully mansplained  lol

• Like 2

Finally Southern Rail in 101

Was so disappointed to read no agreement has been reached with either Union now......so the strikes start again next week. I have to go up to London once a week but cannot always come back on the same day.

It affects me a lot financially as when the timetable is normal I can buy some much cheaper seats so can go up and back from Brighton to London for less than £10 with a senior rail pass.

However once the strikes come back I end up having to buy a ticket which allows me to get any train ( including Thameslink) just to make sure I can get there and back depending on exactly who is striking on any given day of travel. This ticket now costs £23 with a senior rail pass....a significant difference.

I do wish this dispute could get sorted out or I will not be able to afford this travel for much longer so will not be able to continue with ballet activities up in London unfortunately.

• Like 1

People who put bottles on the supermarket conveyor belt sideways so they roll about all over the place. For crying out loud, put them lengthways!

This is what you would put in Room 101?

I could imagine that this could be a Tv programme on your Channel 5. Just clips over clips of 'hilarious' mishaps. Now I think of it... I might even choose  watch it

those people who DON'T (won't?)  put the divider at the end of their pile on the conveyor belt, so you have to reach past them to do it yourself! Grr!

Or then take 5 mins to find their purse/wallet after slowly packing everything away, and placing in 2-3 different bags to what balances...

• Like 4

those people who DON'T (won't?)  put the divider at the end of their pile on the conveyor belt, so you have to reach past them to do it yourself! Grr!

My bugbear is the person behind me at the checkout who plonks a divider down on the conveyor belt while I am still unloading my trolley, without any idea of how much shopping I still have to unload.  And who then proceeds to unload his or her shopping.  I usually say, "Excuse me but I still have a lot to unload and you haven't left me enough room".  If that doesn't do the trick I just start pushing the divider back and continue unloading.  This is a fairly recent phenomenon - I wonder how it started?  

I really hate supermarket shopping, but then I still remember the old days when food shopping for a week took ages as we queued up at two or three different counters for (e.g) dairy products, prepared meats and so on and then traipsed to another shop for fruit and vegetables, and another for bread, another for dry goods and tinned goods, carrying ever-heavier bags...

• Like 3

People eating and talking at the same time or just eating with their mouth open, especially when they have literally bitten off more than they can chew, then biting off even more while they are still chewing the first chunk. Then struggling to swallow and trying to wash it down with a drink. Yuk. Just take a smaller bite, chew, swallow and repeat.

The mess people can make with even the smallest snack. How is that possible? Perhaps they are used to being waited on at home. The magic cleaning fairy will tidy up after them.

People eating with mouth open is one of my pet hates. As Reggie Perrin once said to the offending chewer - once the food has passed your lips, that should be the last we see of it.

• Like 4

My bugbear is the person behind me at the checkout who plonks a divider down on the conveyor belt while I am still unloading my trolley, without any idea of how much shopping I still have to unload.  And who then proceeds to unload his or her shopping.  I usually say, "Excuse me but I still have a lot to unload and you haven't left me enough room".  If that doesn't do the trick I just start pushing the divider back and continue unloading.  This is a fairly recent phenomenon - I wonder how it started?  

I really hate supermarket shopping, but then I still remember the old days when food shopping for a week took ages as we queued up at two or three different counters for (e.g) dairy products, prepared meats and so on and then traipsed to another shop for fruit and vegetables, and another for bread, another for dry goods and tinned goods, carrying ever-heavier bags...

I've noticed it happening more and more Anne.  It drives me around the bend.

• Like 1

While we're on shops, and this has likely been covered before........  everything in the supermarket coming in plastic bags or boxes or clingfilm.  They have the nerve to charge for carrier bags, but then every wretched item brings its own plastic detritus with it.  Why can't we get cheese, veg, fruit etc in paper bags any more? If the Govt can legislate about carrier bags, which just hits the consumer (I used to use supermarket bags as bin liners, now I buy the liners, so no net plastic saved) then why can't they force the supermarkets to reduce their consumption of plastic packaging?

• Like 4