Hair pins for buns question

amos73

HI

I know there was post on here a while back about aliens taking all the hairpins or something, which I can't find?! Every Boots I have been to doesn't sell them anymore, truly does appear there has been an alien invasion. Could anyone point me in direction of good online source? DD doesn't like the bunheads pins btw.

Thanks!

Hi

Yes Im having same problem here! DD likes the ones from Primark - think it was £1 for 30. I usually buy hairnets (10 packs of 3 at a time!) from Starlite, but unfortunately their hair pins not good!

I did ask an assistant at Boots before Xmas about it (pulling one from my hair!) And she said they were reviewing it after Xmas and to go to Claires!! Well thanks for that!!

So if anyone knows a good supplier, I too would like to know. Thanks

Edited by Dancing unicorn

I got some from Superdrug which look okay (not too flimsy) but DD hasn't actually put them to the test yet. I also bought some online (probably amazon or e-bay, "molly rose" is the brand name on the pack) which are fine. I saw some in Claire's but they were the slightly shorter length which don't work as well for us.

we tend to buy hair pins from primark and wilko, both seem to have supplies currently! however, they all seem a bit 'thick'. I used to use really fine hair pins ( the 'U' shaped ones, not the ones 'crimped' together ) and whilst clearing out a box of old jewellery etc from 'many years ago' ... found a small packet, and DD grabbed them, and loves them She's asked me to get some more fine ones ... but I never seen any anywhere! any ideas?

I too bulk buy blonde lion hairnets from ebay!