BRB Autumn Season Casting 2015

Is anyone else getting a blank page when they try to book?

I'm really annoyed: I stupidly booked a standing ticket for Chéri on the 30th, thinking it would be a nice easy day to get up to town and not have it clashing with anything else because BRB matinees are on Thursdays, aren't they?  I can get up to Birmingham easily enough in time for the matinee, but can't get a cheap enough train on the way back that will get me back to Covent Garden in time for a 7.45 start :(  That's assuming that there are any seats left, anyway.

On BRB website click on swan lake production. There will be a lot of info. Keep scrolling down. Eventually dates of performances will appear for Manchester and Birmingham with cast info. Next to appear will be Sadler's Wells with no casting info as yet

Well the Cast list button definitely wasn't there when I first looked, but is now.

Also just from a useability point of view, I think it's very cumbersome to have to click on each performance and then click back to the next one to find out who is dancing when. Say I really wanted to see Samara Downs as Odette in Birmingham. I'd have to click 20 times before I found her.

Also just from a useability point of view, I think it's very cumbersome to have to click on each performance and then click back to the next one to find out who is dancing when. Say I really wanted to see Samara Downs as Odette in Birmingham. I'd have to click 20 times before I found her.

Yes, poor piece of design.  Maybe it works for mobiles, but it doesn't for computers.

It looks awful on my laptop, PC, looks better on the Chromebook, admittedly - but the "Book Now" links don't work on any of them!  I assume the Hippodrome must have updated its website and not told anyone.

BTW, can anyone update me on whether the works on New Street station are still going on, please?

It looks awful on my laptop, PC, looks better on the Chromebook, admittedly - but the "Book Now" links don't work on any of them!

BTW, can anyone update me on whether the works on New Street station are still going on, please?

They have just finished. Leaving by the South entrance leaves a walk of a couple of minutes to Hippodrome

Sadler's Wells casting now on BRB website:

Tuesday 13th October Céline Gittens; Tyrone Singleton

Wednesday 14th October mat Delia Mathews; Brandon Lawrence

Wednesday 14th October eve Yaoquian Shang; César Morales

Thursday 15th October Momoko Hirata; Joseph Caley

Edited to add that , currently, only the Swan Lake casting is up.  Let's hope that the mixed bill casting follows soon.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

It looks awful on my laptop, PC, looks better on the Chromebook, admittedly - but the "Book Now" links don't work on any of them!  I assume the Hippodrome must have updated its website and not told anyone.

The Hippodrome has also updated it's website and I find this worse than before. For each show it only shows prices as from "cheapest price" so you've no idea what the range of prices are. Also when you clicked on all shows before you got one long list which you could just scroll down. Now they read from left to right and appear over three pages. There seems to be no information for running times either. They seem to have had a complete revamp of their publicity material because their new brochure has a completely different look as well. I find it far less user friendly, as I do the new BRB website.

Sadler's Wells casting now on BRB website:

Edited to add that , currently, only the Swan Lake casting is up.  Let's hope that the mixed bill casting follows soon.

Oh dear - big clash. Two really tempting casts on the Wednesday that I want to see but I've already booked for ENB's R&J in Bristol.

The casting is now up for the Variations triple bill in Birmingham, seems to be two different casts.

https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on/event/variations-triple-bill-birmingham

Slightly more complicated than that. Enigma has at least 3 casts. I think Kin might have as well but it's difficult to tell with names in different order and the listing not all being on one page.

Hello RMM1 and welcome out of the lurking shadows.

The casting looks a bit weird too for Kin.  Only the first performance seems to list all 10 dancers.

It really is disappointing that we have lost the overall view of casting for each production for each venue.  If you are an occasional ballet-goer it may, in theory, be easier to find what you are looking for (I like the "put in your postcode" feature) but if you want to choose your cast or you are just interested in whom you will see having already booked multiple performances then it is very unwieldy.  I also miss the "latest news" feature.

• Like 5

Drat.  Gittens and Singleton are the ones I saw last time: I was hoping to have a look at someone new.  Serves me right for booking before the casting comes out.

Full casting for Variations programme in Birmingham

Theme and Variations

Momoko Hirata/Joseph Caley - Thursday/Saturday(E)

Nao Sakuma/Cesar Morales - Friday/Saturday(M)

Kin

Thursday

5 Women (only 4 listed for Friday and Saturday(M & E)

Laura Day

Samara Downs

Delia Mathews

Elisha Willis

Yijing Zhang

5 Men (only 4 listed for Friday and Saturday(M & E)

William Bracewell

Joseph Caley

Tzu-Chao Chou

Brandon Lawrence

Max Maslen

Friday

Ladies

Ana Albutashvili

Reina Fuchigami

Yvette Knight

Yjing Zhang

Men

William Bracewell

Feargus Campbell

Lachlan Monaghan

Luke Schaufuss

Saturday(M)

Women

Laura Day

Yvette Knight

Elisha Willis

Yijing Zhang

Men

Feargus Campbell

Joseph Caley

Tzu-Chao Chou

Max Maslen

Saturday(E)

Women

Laura Day

Delia Mathews

Yvette Knight

Yijing Zhang

Men

William Bracewell

Feargus Campbell

Tzu-Chau Chou

Max Maslen

Enigma Variations

Edward Elgar: Jonathan Payn Thurs/Sat(M)

Dominic Antonucci Fri/Sat(E)

The Lady: Samara Downs Thurs/Sat(M)

Ana Albutashvili Fri/Sat(E)

Hew David Stuart Powell: Kit Holder Thurs/Sat(M)

James Barton Fri/Sat(E)

Richard Baxter Townshend: Feargus Campbell Thurs/Sat(M)

Max Maslen Fri/Sat(E)

William Meath Baker: Rory Mackay Thurs/Sat(M)

Lachlan Monaghan Fri/Sat(E)

Richard P. Arnold: Jamie Bond Thurs/Sat(M)

Tom Rogers Fri/Sat(E)

Isabel Fitton (Ysabel): Arancha Baselga Thurs/Sat(M)

Delia Mathews Fri

Yvette Knight Sat(E)

Arthur Troyte Griffith (Troyte): Cesar Morales Thurs/Sat(M)

Joseph Caley Fri/Sat(E)

Winifred Norbury: Angela Paul Thurs/Sat(M)

Jade Heusen Fri/Sat(E)

A.J Jaeger (Nimrod): Valentin Olovyannikov Thurs/Sat(M)

Wolfgang Stollwitzer Fri/Sat(E)

Dora Penny (Dorabella): Elisha Willis Thurs/Sat(M)

Momoko Hirata Fri

Karla Doorbar Sat(E)

George Robinson Sinclair: Tzu-Chau Chou Thurs/Sat(M)

Mathias Dingman Fri/Sat(E)

Basil G. Nevinson: Dominic Antonucci Thurs/Sat(M)

Jonathan Payn Fri/Sat(E)

Lady Mary Lygon: Yijing Zhang Thurs/Sat(M)

Daria Stanciulescu Fri

Alys Shee Sat(E)

• Like 1

Thanks Pulcinella for putting all the casting together on one page.  A labour of love if ever there was one!

BTW, on the performance thread I recommended Brandon and Delia's cast for Swan Lake.  Having seen and loved all 4 casts at the Lowry this week they have all brought something different to the table and all four casts are worth seeing, if you can afford more than one (or even if you can't!).

• 2 weeks later...