RBS preliminary auditions

Zacharovitti

Congratulations Balletqueen! Is it for year 7 entry?

So sorry Gowiththeflo, I imagine if my DD receives a "no" I will be thinking it trough over and over again, wondering what I could have done better etc. The thing is there is nothing we can/could do! Sending you hugs.

Good to know your DD is fine.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all those yeses! Fantastic news for all. comiserations for the nos, we've had plenty of those!

Balletqueen, as Zacharovitti said, an invite to Year 8 finals is a huge achievement. Had she auditioned last year too? Just wondered if she'd been to finals before.

My dd auditioned for Year 7 last year and did not make finals, this year she seems even more determined but I suspect it'll be another 'no'.

Hi, no we haven't been to finals before so totally in the dark. I think panic is now setting in although I guess it could be like people said last year and none are successful. I guess the finance side is a big concern too, does anyone have any experience of any getting any funding, scholarships etc? So sorry to those who have no's .

Now, silly question - what time ish did you receive the email with results? Sorry !!!! But I just don't won't to keep checking my emails constantly tomorrow - must focus on work!

( in a few weeks/months time I'll be so embarrassed reading my current posts...)

• Like 8

Just another silly question to add Happymum's one! (Everyone of us is trying to kill the wait in some way...).

I was wondering if the judges were the same in all venues: in London we had Mr. Mark Annear (Head of Outreach and Access) and, if I'm not wrong, Mrs Hope Keelan (Artistic Teacher and Programme Manager WL). What about Manchester, Bath ecc.?

Congratulations to your dd dancing pickles you must be very proud!! We've had a few yes letters now....the spaces are starting to fill up....how exciting!! Yet making us with later auditions feel even more anxious to just know already ????

Well, I finished work, checked my emails just now - no news :-(

Could it be that we need to wait another day or two for Bath results?

Great news Dancing pickles! How exciting!

Piccolo and Twoballerinas - thank you for encouraging words about my DD :-)

• Like 1

So exciting reading these posts and remembering what it was like last year!  The WL finals is a great experience - such a lovely day - but you start to mentally "move in" and that is not an easy emotion to manage.  There will be PTA members at the finals at WL so anyone attending finals should go over and have a big chat to them.  They will all be happy to answer all your questions.  I was  bit shy of approaching them at first, but as soon as we got chatting I pestered them for a good hour or two while we waited for the kids to finish.  Getting to the finals is a bit achievement.  Plus, although it's not certain, there is a good chance of getting MA if you don't get WL, I would have thought....

• Like 6

Sorry to hear that Flora11. Trying for year 8 is very tough! I hope your daughter won't be too disheartened. No word here yet and going slighty insane. We auditioned in London. All my DD friends have heard (and have done very well) as they auditioned in Manchester!

Thanks but coming from having only a few classes a week we know she was behind for her age compared to others, she doesn't know yet as still in school but even wait list was more than we expected, so DH and I are actually pretty excited for her, even wait list is an achievement for RBS lol, at least in our eyes!

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that Flora11. Trying for year 8 is very tough! I hope your daughter won't be too disheartened. No word here yet and going slighty insane. We auditioned in London. All my DD friends have heard (and have done very well) as they auditioned in Manchester![/quote

When my DD auditioned as a JA for year 7 there were 10 girls through to WL finals from Manchester.

It has been known for students to get places in year 8 from summer school so don't give up hope even if it was a no for finals - there will be a couple of places available.

• Like 1