RBS preliminary auditions

Zacharovitti

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my audition today and I think it went well. I was auditioning for Year 10 but I sort of know I won't get a place. I auditioned for White Lodge, SA and Summer School. I doubt that I will get into White Lodge and even if I do I don't think My parents can afford it. If I get SA's I'm not going to take it as I already do Central Assosicates and I love it so much. The only thing I'm really hoping for is Summer School. But anyway I do it all for the wonderful experience of an audition and dancing at the RBS!

• Like 2

My daughter had a great time at the audition yesterday and came out smiling. There may not even be a year 8 place or at most one with over 50 amazingly talented girls trying for it so we expect nothing and maybe just hope they see she applied for summer school and might let her have a chance for that! That would be the best thing for us, we aren't expecting finals or anything, so just a little hope for summer school and even that we know is a long shot. But she said she smiled a lot through the whole audition and got smiles back so that made her happy and the whole process such a worthwhile thing! She saw there was a lot of talented people out there but wasn't daunted and will keep trying for her dream no matter what we hear back!

It was so great to meet Zacharovitti and her stunningly beautiful ballerina daughter yesterday, my DD and her DD apparently smiled to each other during the audition for encouragement! Hope all our DCs enjoyed their experience and that many will hear some good news in the following weeks!

• Like 12

We got told there were only a couple of places for y8 at the audition we went to, for all the children auditioning at all the different places it must be incredible to get offered one. My daughter is realistic and knows deep down what the outcome will be but I love the hint of optimism she sometimes has and tells me, well someone has to get them!

• Like 4

The only way there will be a place for Year 8 is if some poor DD is assessed out. We were told possibly none maybe one definitely no more than two spots for year 8. It is a tough world this ballet world! It was still worth the experience though, my DD really enjoyed dancing and getting a RBS hoodie lol!!

• Like 1

I don't anything about those kind of detaills re bed numbers, but the man at the audition (I think he was Outreach Director, I didn't hear his name...) was the one who said possibly no place maybe one or two...but to keep trying and come back next year if unsuccessful... We are such newbies I don't know who the players are at RBS!

I don't anything about those kind of detaills re bed numbers, but the man at the audition (I think he was Outreach Director, I didn't hear his name...) was the one who said possibly no place maybe one or two...but to keep trying and come back next year if unsuccessful... We are such newbies I don't know who the players are at RBS!

The same man mentioned last year there may be three places, and there were none. Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if he just kept it to himself. I'm sure the assessments come later anyway, even though they may have some idea.

That could well be the case but we were definitely told there was a couple of places at our audition, if not it seems pointless sending anyone to the finals surely? :)

Last year my grandaughter was in the final audition for yr 8, along with her best friend, a Swedish girl and a Spanish girl. None were successful.

Hi, do you have connections with people there to know that none got a place last year? All we can do is support our children and try to let them follow their dreams. Hopefully some children will be lucky, good luck to all those involved.

Edited by newdancer
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Irishballetmum re the audition: it was a great experience for my DD. She woke up a bit nervous and she was scared not to understand the teacher because of the language, but when we arrived the RBS staff was very friendly and welcoming and the fear disappeared. We didn't see any competitive behaviour during warm up and among the parents. She came out smiling and she said "I have done my best and I won't have anything to regret, whatever the outcome".

It has been a pleasure to meet you Irishballetmum! Thank you for your lovely words about my DD. I am sure our daughters encouraged each other, as they were both the newbies coming from abroad! I wish everybody auditioning the best of luck

• Like 3

Last year there was one new girl in year 8, three in year 9 and five in year 10.  There were two new boys in year 8 only.  I don't think any year 7 girls were assessed out so I presume that the year 8 girl was an extra which brought the numbers to 13.  Two boys left and their places were filled with the two new boy starters in year 8.  I think five girls left at the end of year 9, which is why so many were taken into year 10 that year.  Each year can be very different though so it doesn't work like this every year, clearly.

hello, my dd went for  audition in RBS. She did came out smiling after audition but was deeply disappointed. This is only her second audition with RBS. I am just posting here if anyone had similar feedback. She said everyone (all the girls) were trying really hard in the audition and the atmosphere was serious. This time there were only 2 judges, last year there were 4. The 2 judges weren't even serious, they were chatting and occasionally laughing. My dd was really offended. Some of the discussion on this thread somewhat connects. Are they actually seriously looking for even one or two space? I suspect they already know in their hearts if there is even a space. If they aren't they could at least give the girls a £40 worth of attention! 

• Like 1

Smiles, which audition was your daughter at, we were at the 11:30 one. My daughter said they were chatting like they were discussing the girls auditioning but she didn't notice laughing. She said she couldn't stop smiling during her audition and loved that they smiled at her too. We don't hold out much hope for any place but I am glad she felt it was a positive experience. I am sorry that your daughter felt offended, that definitely would dampen my daughters experience.

I hope she gets some great news soon!

Hello smiles, my daughter was in the 1.15 audition and she also experienced the judges laughing and chatting she actually thought that they were laughing at someone, she said they were often not watching the candidates . As you say the girls have paid their money and a little attention seems reasonable.

I also thought the teacher seemed very stressed when she lined them up ready for the audition, all the instructions about where to stand were very rushed. Despite all this daughter has declared she would audition again so they haven't put her off !! :)

• Like 1

I rather suspect that the assessors know who they do and don't want within minutes of the applicants entering the room. Physique and physical facility seem to be given highest priority as they take the view that everything else can be taught. Somebody complained about her DD's RBS audition (for the lower school) last year as well.

• Like 3