When and where can La Sylphide be seen?

There will probably be excerpts from it at the Bournonville programme by Danish Ballet at the Peacock Theatre, London January 9th and 10th. There is a clip from the ballet in the online programme preview under Sadlers Wells theatre.

Vienna State Ballet is doing the Lacotte (Taglioni) version in May and June

Slovak National Theatre Ballet in January and March in Bratislava (Bournonville version)

Royal Danish Ballet is doing their new production (Hubbe after Bournonville) in February in Copenhagen

New York City Ballet is doing Bournonville version in New York in May.

• Like 2

Vienna State Ballet is doing the Lacotte (Taglioni) version in May and June

Slovak National Theatre Ballet in January and March in Bratislava (Bournonville version)

Royal Danish Ballet is doing their new production (Hubbe after Bournonville) in February in Copenhagen

New York City Ballet is doing Bournonville version in New York in May.

You're a veritable fount of wisdom - brilliant. (Are you doing another of those terrific annual schedules like you did for 2014? It was tremendous work and much appreciated.)

• Like 1

You're a veritable fount of wisdom - brilliant. (Are you doing another of those terrific annual schedules like you did for 2014? It was tremendous work and much appreciated.)

Thanks, daisydance. I put together a calendar for my own trip planning purposes, but then companies kept changing their schedules or announcing their programs later (yes, I'm looking at you Sadler's Wells) so that it got all out of date and I didn't want to post something on my website that could be misleading.

There will probably be excerpts from it at the Bournonville programme by Danish Ballet at the Peacock Theatre, London January 9th and 10th. There is a clip from the ballet in the online programme preview under Sadlers Wells theatre.

Danish Royal Ballet seem to be doing Act II of La Sylphide on their  programme at Peacock Theatre in January according to this:

http://balletnews.co.uk/the-royal-danish-ballet-soloists-and-principals-bournonville-celebration/

Programme looks amazing and I already have my ticket! I can't wait! Plenty of tickets left when I looked yesterday.

Edited by nottsballetlover

Thanks, daisydance. I put together a calendar for my own trip planning purposes, but then companies kept changing their schedules or announcing their programs later (yes, I'm looking at you Sadler's Wells) so that it got all out of date and I didn't want to post something on my website that could be misleading.

What a shame after all your hard work. The calendar you did for 2014 was invaluable in leading me to first ever ballet trips to Milan and New York, so many many thanks for all you did.

Great this is perfect everyone, thanks for all the information! Seeing the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow sounds like an ideal time and would be a great trip, just around someone birthday as well!

Although it says No Tickets. Does that mean its sold out of the tickets just haven't gone on sale yet?

This website seems to sell tickets but I can't seem to choose the specific seats - http://www.bolshoyrussia.com/performance/la_sylphide/28-March-2015/19:00/2810/booking/ - Has anyone used this site before?

Edited by esamuel08

Hello, esamuel08!

I can second capybara's advice to e-mail the Bolshoi.

Also it will be advisable to keep visiting their website as often as possible, i.e. every day: http://www.bolshoi.ru/en/timetable/#2015-03

The work style of the Bolshoi's box office is chaotic. They keep a lot of tickets 'under the counter' for the reason known only to themselves. Then suddenly bunches of tickets appear online. Not 1 or 2 or 4 returns but literally bunches of tickets. Getting online at the right moment will secure the tickets. This is what the ballet lovers have to face it there quite often. Good luck!

Edited by Amelia

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...