Dance and Drama Awards

Millie3

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No not that I can see though it did in the last version say that for the 2013 intake only schools could use discretion in setting regsitration fees which may be how your £75 at Arts Ed was justified...I wonder if the info on registration fees etc is now in the catchy-titled CDET publication: 'Auditioning and Interviewing for Dance and Drama Courses Code of Practice and Guidance on Devising an Appeals Procedure' that isn't available online.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the deadline is for sending back completed Dada forms?  You can supply your tax credits award notice as financial evidence but the renewals pack haven't even come through yet!

We have been asked to return ours by 17 May ... still waiting on P60 :(

Which considering the deadline for employers to give an employee their P60 is 31st May is a bit daft.

Can you use your final 2013-14 payslip as the figures will be the same.

I rang and asked this today and was told that they need the P60 - I did have the impression from the call,that the end of May will be the cut off for the school to submit their figures,despite what the letter says. I think it will be sensible to keep them updated if the P60 doesn't arrive before the "official" cut off date. 

Do you know if it is calculated on income before tax or after tax?  I guess 'household income' is after tax and NI but not seen a definitive answer on this I don't think. Thanks

Definitely before tax and NI  :(

• 1 month later...

Do you have to submit your gross income each year of the course ? Or is the 2013/2014 gross income taken into account for each year? Just wondering cause if you start doing overtime this September to help with living costs etc this would take you higher up the banding ?

No, I'm afraid you do get reassessed each year. My dd is on a Dada (just coming to end of her first year in sixth form) & I've just had to complete a fresh Dada application for next year's worth of training & you have to declare income from previous tax year. So if you do undertake any overtime and your income increases, it will be taken into account next time I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Thats interesting Its her Life. I had thought the same as Kat09 and I thought this was the case based on the Dada provider information available on which ever govt website it is but it is useful to know that practice various from this guidance....what a minefield it all is.

Taken from The Education Funding Agency info sheet Questions and Answers...4.1 Do we need to income assess students for fees and maintenance support each year?

Support for the fees element of the Award should be assessed once and will normally last for the duration of the student’s course. Students will need to apply for maintenance funding each academic year.

Possibly different institutions apply their own interpretation of the rules.

• Like 2

It's her life, is it perhaps because you are on maintenance funding that you get reassessed for both? I believe Tring parents who's dd just have Dada without maintenance have already had letters confirming that they will be continuing to pay in September what they have been paying this year.

• Like 2

Gosh I really hope it's only once! We will be on the cusp of actually qualifying because our income could go over the £70k limit by a few pounds. Wouldn't want to be in the situation where DD gets one but after 1 year has to leave because we went over that threshold! It's unfair as it is with not even knowing if she would qualify but to take it away after being assessed again would be awful so we probably won't even audition DaDa schools if that's the case ))-:

The information provided on the website is clear - post #581 - it is the maintainence element which is assessed annually .They do ask you to update - the DADA institution - if your circumstances change dramatically (ie death / redundancy etc)

• Like 1

We are in the same boat ! Ds is auditioning for 6th forms this year and I have had to reduce my work hours for this financial year in case he is successful ! It's good to know that it is a one off assessment and then I can do extra to pay for accommodation etc....

Can't remember which years details we submitted for dada but if its like student finance , you submit details for the previous year , not the one you are in now. We have just submitted a uni student finance application for sept and it was tax year 2012-13 that had to be submitted , not this year. Great if your income is increasing but not if going down .

• Like 1

Hi everyone, sorry haven't replied til now. My dd started sixth form last Sept on a DADA, but yes do we get both the fees element & maintenance. So from what everyone's saying on forum I guess therefore this re-assessment must have been just for the maintenance part. They didn't make this clear in their covering letter though and the form sent was identical to the one Iast year, so I assumed it was for everything. Didn't realise others had received letters confirming theirs were being carried over.

• Like 2