Lest We Forget (ENB) - casting information

I think that I'm correct in thinking that the ENB dancers are on holiday at the moment. It is also possible, isn't it, that rehearsals for Lest We Forget may not start until after Le Corsaire has finished in Manchester (15th Feb) and that, therefore, casting may not be resolved until some time after that.

That said, here's hoping for some information soonest.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Akram Khan piece has been in rehearsal since halfway through the autumn and, like "Firebird", has a large cast so you are bound to see most of the company, whichever performance you book for.  Watch out for the return of a much loved company member as guest in the new piece by Liam Scarlett!  I have had the information from the dancer personally but as the company has not published any casting, I will not steal their thunder for now! 

I went to the Barbican yesterday and picked up the theatre brochure, and the running time for Lest We Forget is 3 hours with 3 intervals.

I may have to leave before the end if this is correct - that would only give me 35 minutes to get back to Euston.  B******ation!

I may have to leave before the end if this is correct - that would only give me 35 minutes to get back to Euston.  B******ation!

The Barbican website lists it at 2 hours 50 (inc. intervals).  35 minutes is plenty of time to get to Euston.  10 minutes walk to Moorgate (if that) and 8 minutes on the tube to Euston.

Watch out for the return of a much loved company member as guest in the new piece by Liam Scarlett!  

I am not on Twitter but friends who are report that this dancer him/herself has more or less announced his/her casting there.

I must add that I was delighted at the early news but companies must sometimes regret the ubiquity of social media.

• 1 month later...

I am getting really excited now.

This will be my first visit to the ENB, and to the Barbican Theatre. I liked what I've seen by Akram Khan and Russell Maliphant very much (both have been visiting Berlin), and I am very curious about their work with a classical company.

Possibly I will see Tamara Rojo or Alina Cojocaru, too...wow... depending on casting.... this is very special for me :) ...

Does anybody know if one can pick up the ticket (I have sort of a voucher from online-booking) anytime at the day of the performance during box office hours?

I am still planning my three-day-visit to London.

Does anybody know if one can pick up the ticket (I have sort of a voucher from online-booking) anytime at the day of the performance during box office hours?

My guess is that you ought to be able to pick it up at any time from the Silk Street box office, or from maybe 90 mins. to 1 hour before the show from the theatre box office a few flights of stairs down.

It is. And the stairs never go where you want them to. Once you know your way around, it's fine, but it takes a while.

And do you know about "following the Yellow Brick Road" from the tube stations? :)

I've always been happy in the Upper Circle front row, near the middle, although the row behind looked okay as it's very steep.

Does anyone know if the Gallery is okay, I don't mind being high up, just like a good unobstructed view.

I would repeat what has already been said about leaving plenty of time if it's your first trip to the Barbican!

And do you know about "following the Yellow Brick Road" from the tube stations? :)

? No, I don't. :huh:

But anyway, I plan to snoop around St. Paul's, the Museum of London, and Charterhouse Square on that day and I probably will participate in a guided walking tour in this area.

I have never been there and I don't know very much of London. So what is the Yellow Brick Road?

I've always been happy in the Upper Circle front row, near the middle, although the row behind looked okay as it's very steep.

Does anyone know if the Gallery is okay, I don't mind being high up, just like a good unobstructed view.

I would repeat what has already been said about leaving plenty of time if it's your first trip to the Barbican![/quote

Thank you,Beryl.

I don't like heights so I was thinking of stalls or circle. I wondered if the cheaper seats on the sides were any good?

Susan

Susan, the theatre is quite flat, rather than being curved or horse-shoe shaped, and thus there is generally a very good view from the side seats in the stalls. I would recommend them as value for money. I am not so familiar with the circle.