RBS Summer Intensive 2024

sunrise81

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

We got waitlist too. We only selected 1 option in terms of dates, I wonder if that didn’t help (daughter currently in year 9, and fewer dates for that age it seems). It does rather leave you in limbo. Would be interested to know if anyone has insight on likelihood of getting a place off the waitlist. 

My Dd got a place from the waitlist. The email came through 1st week of June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, minnielovesalbert said:

Is there a pattern here of uk getting waitlisted and internationals offered first? Just wondering...

We're in the U.S. and got waitlisted.

22 minutes ago, minnielovesalbert said:

Is there a pattern here of uk getting waitlisted and internationals offered first? Just wondering...

We are not from uk and got waitlist

3 minutes ago, Tuliprose said:

I think waitlist is an achievment too, least thats what I am telling myself! 😬, fingers crossed places come up 😊

It is indeed, it means that if there were more places it would have been a yes. Well done 👏 and fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, minnielovesalbert said:

From experience ( 3x summer intensive)

95% ( approx guess) of Summer intensive are international students - many are first timers. My Dd had only 5 or 6 English speaking students to mix with, of which several were at RBS already. My opinion ( I have no inside knowledge) is that it’s a chance for the school to see worldwide talent they haven’t seen already ( through the uk associate schemes). Internationals tend to want summer courses because of the academic requirements / term times internationally and, I guess, they make a summer of visiting UK. Internationals don’t seem to be so omnipresent at Eastertime. My opinion only - that at the higher levels 13+, the international students are at a very high standard indeed especially where pointework is concerned. My Dd struggled having just passed inter- foundation. Her fellow students from S.Korea and Japan were easily Adv 2 standard and looked like mini professionals. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter a jot because everyone takes their own time to develop and gain the strength needed and meantime, there are loads of other great opportunities out there which my Dd enjoyed just as much, if not more.

• Like 4

We are in the US and my daughter was waitlisted for Upper School (1st time).  I may be wrong but I sense most of the folks posting on this thread may be talking about White Lodge.  Curious if anyone has experience with the Upper School WL?  Know of kids who got off the waitlist? Timing of that?  Any information that can provide insight into the process would be greatly appreciated as we weigh how to play the waiting game.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, balletmamacita said:

We are in the US and my daughter was waitlisted for Upper School (1st time).  I may be wrong but I sense most of the folks posting on this thread may be talking about White Lodge.  Curious if anyone has experience with the Upper School WL?  Know of kids who got off the waitlist? Timing of that?  Any information that can provide insight into the process would be greatly appreciated as we weigh how to play the waiting game.  Thanks!

My daughter was waitlisted for the last two years, last year for the upper school intensive. She didn’t get offered  a place from the waitlist. However, I have heard of others getting places later on. We didn’t apply this year for financial reasons.

edited to add: she did however get a place from the waitlist for the spring intensive in 2022, often places become available after the payment deadline has passed. Good luck everyone 🤞🏻

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruby Foo said:

From experience ( 3x summer intensive)

95% ( approx guess) of Summer intensive are international students - many are first timers. My Dd had only 5 or 6 English speaking students to mix with, of which several were at RBS already. My opinion ( I have no inside knowledge) is that it’s a chance for the school to see worldwide talent they haven’t seen already ( through the uk associate schemes). Internationals tend to want summer courses because of the academic requirements / term times internationally and, I guess, they make a summer of visiting UK. Internationals don’t seem to be so omnipresent at Eastertime. My opinion only - that at the higher levels 13+, the international students are at a very high standard indeed especially where pointework is concerned. My Dd struggled having just passed inter- foundation. Her fellow students from S.Korea and Japan were easily Adv 2 standard and looked like mini professionals. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter a jot because everyone takes their own time to develop and gain the strength needed and meantime, there are loads of other great opportunities out there which my Dd enjoyed just as much, if not more.

We had a very British week for our daughter when she was 10, maybe they take more UK dancers in the younger years? 

13 minutes ago, Boyballetdancer said:

My son got a yes too and he’s over the moon , he’s been offered a day place and have no idea where he’s going to stay ? It’s for upper school any suggestions?

Plenty of choice from Smart Russell Square Hostel (Bloomsbury) to Travelodge Drury Lane