RBS Summer Intensive 2024

sunrise81

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BallerinaMum13 said:

I wonder why they can't give an actual date "results will be communicated on X date" 

Yes -  It seems they need to give themselves a hard deadline! 

6 minutes ago, BarbaraH said:

I'm really hoping for tomorrow or the day after. Just received another (commercial) email of the royal balletschool. Everytime I see an email, my heart stops. So not good for my health.

I just got the same one and did the same 😂

• Like 1

Pins and needles!!!! Killing me!  Plus we need to make decisions, so really hoping this comes in tomorrow! (Although if it isn’t a “yes” will have to wait to share with dd until Thursday.  Wouldn’t want to ruin Valentine’s Day.)  Merde! 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 08:45, Adagio123 said:

I think the fact that it is taking so long must mean record number of applicants so i am not holding out any hope for a Yes after 2 waitlisted places.
This will be the last time we apply for summer intensive though as it just means she is not what they are looking for and i am not going to do it to myself or let her have another rejection. 
wishing you all the best of luck. 

Have you tried applying for the Easter intensive? UK dancers seem to have much more luck receiving a place at that one in comparison to summer. Summer seems to be used more for international students x

54 minutes ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Have you tried applying for the Easter intensive? UK dancers seem to have much more luck receiving a place at that one in comparison to summer. Summer seems to be used more for international students x

That's sad, we got waitlisted for the Spring Intensive and I was really looking forward to good news for the summer... our photos were not great so we took better ones this time! Also we selected non-residential for the Spring, do you think that lower your chances? x

20 hours ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Hi. Unfortunately we havent. My DD only decided she wanted to apply for summer at Christmas, so we applied on 2nd January. This is after making white lodge finals and still getting a waitlist place for summer. She didnt want to try again but then changed her mind and it was too late. She has had great experiences at other intensives so all is not lost but it would be nice for her experience dancing there at least once in her lifetime. But i dont think I will waste another £36 applying for Summer if its another waitlist place or even a no

The summer camp my son wanted to attend with a friend has reach capacity.  He is going to be very annoyed if he realizes I didn't book it because I was waiting on RBS results for his sister before finalizing our summer plans!  Hopefully tomorrow we will be put our of our misery and can finalize plans and find a different summer camp.  😞 

• Like 1

Not sure how much more I can take of this lol, does anyone know if it is as difficult to get onto the Yorkshire Ballet Summer Seminars? They ask for the grade you got in your last exam, does that mean they take that into consideration as well as the photos? Am new to all this so not sure how it all works. I just sent off pics to the RBS and the YBSS willy nilly, didn’t put much thought into it but now I’m realising that they are both very sought after. Maybe I should have just gone for the non selective summer schools and saved myself the stress….

3 hours ago, BarbaraH said:

Another day without any news...

Hopefully tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞 so all of us can destress. 😉

White lodge finals results are out so maybe summer intensive emails next!

2 hours ago, DanceMadDanceMum said:

Not sure how much more I can take of this lol, does anyone know if it is as difficult to get onto the Yorkshire Ballet Summer Seminars? They ask for the grade you got in your last exam, does that mean they take that into consideration as well as the photos? Am new to all this so not sure how it all works. I just sent off pics to the RBS and the YBSS willy nilly, didn’t put much thought into it but now I’m realising that they are both very sought after. Maybe I should have just gone for the non selective summer schools and saved myself the stress….

They probably ask which grade so they can determine which level you are. I suppose more seriously trained ballet students are a certain level by a certain age on the whole.

I think they do just look at photos but I also think they see where you train (I’m sure vocationally trained children have a better chance. I’m thinking for YBSS). 

As to photos sent in without much thought, I wouldn’t be worried about that. They can see what a child is like, they don’t need professional photos etc. 

Good luck to your child, I hope they get one of them. And if they don’t please don’t take it as a slight on them, there’s plenty of successful dancers out there who didn’t get the selective summer intensives they wanted! (It just doesn’t mean anything and it’s not a leg up to success if you go to one of these more sought after intensives.) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanceMadDanceMum said:

My daughter got into ybs spring. No idea if it's easier to get into than rbs. We used the pictures for ybs spring also for rbs summer. So I'll hopefully be able to tell you soon. 😉 

• Like 2

Dd got w/l last couple of years for spring and summer, so not holding any hope this year tbh. She is the one who wants to keep trying, so we support her. Shes done YBS and Elmhurst and some other selective ones but she has always really wanted to do rbs, if only once. The results were on a Thursday last year I think, so maybe today. Good luck everyone 🩷

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tuliprose said:

Dd got w/l last couple of years for spring and summer, so not holding any hope this year tbh. She is the one who wants to keep trying, so we support her. Shes done YBS and Elmhurst and some other selective ones but she has always really wanted to do rbs, if only once. The results were on a Thursday last year I think, so maybe today. Good luck everyone 🩷

Same here. She already had waitlist 4 times, but she keeps dreaming about RBS. 

Good luck to you as well. Hopefully there will be a change this time. 😉 

• Like 2

Also still hoping for today. I would give them another 1.5 hours. Totally going crazy here. 

"By mid-February" is by today at latest for me. (Or maybe my English is not good enough to understand subtle differences.)

• Like 2