RBS Summer Intensive 2024

sunrise81

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/02/2024 at 18:56, JenniferM18 said:

I saw a post on a prior thread of someone getting in with iPhone photos taken in their living room, so I don’t really think it matters! What they are looking for I think goes beyond the quality of the photos, so don’t stress. We had professional photos done at the last minute but they are horrible and were done very rushed. My daughter looks mad in them and they don’t show her personally or skill whatsoever. So not holding out hope either.

Can confirm iPhone photos at home are not a barrier to getting a royal ballet intensive offer. Good luck everyone 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Swanwings said:

Is it not possible it could be next week? Even though its half term? Believe me, I'm hoping its today as well..... 

Very big chance that it will be next week. But I'm still in denial. 😉

• Like 2

I think it came last year on a Monday.  Maybe they will be working hard over the weekend to make their decisions.  But gosh this is miserable. Plus because so many people apply and the chances of getting in feel so slim, it all feels pointless and makes me so concerned other options are filling up as we wait!  But hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, I’ve been following your comments and they’ve been keeping sane for the past few weeks. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one going crazy updating my emails. Thank you! I guess we’ll have to suffer another weekend of not knowing 😔. It’s soooo frustrating knowing that waiting for this maybe means missing out on other things. This is the first time we’ve applied for anything so not holding my breath, but on the other hand secretly dying inside out of impatience to know, either way. If we get a waitlist, I don’t think I’d survive it lol. Would prefer a straight no I think. Have a great weekend everyone and good luck to all your beautiful ballerinas/ballerinos. Greetings from Italy ☺️

• Like 4

17 hours ago, DanceMadDanceMum said:

Hi Everyone, I’ve been following your comments and they’ve been keeping sane for the past few weeks. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one going crazy updating my emails. Thank you! I guess we’ll have to suffer another weekend of not knowing 😔. It’s soooo frustrating knowing that waiting for this maybe means missing out on other things. This is the first time we’ve applied for anything so not holding my breath, but on the other hand secretly dying inside out of impatience to know, either way. If we get a waitlist, I don’t think I’d survive it lol. Would prefer a straight no I think. Have a great weekend everyone and good luck to all your beautiful ballerinas/ballerinos. Greetings from Italy ☺️

I’ve been doing the same! Anyone else apply for Summer the same time as Spring? Feels like an age ago 😅 we had a yes for Spring, but not holding out for Summer we’ve only ever had waitlist.

The Decruz & Fraiz intensive looks great, so we may try for that.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JenniferM18 said:

Is there any possibility of the results being emailed over the weekend, or are we assuming it may be Monday at the earliest at this point?

I dont think its likely. Based on previous SI related emails, its always a weekday.  Trying to forget about it till Monday!

1 hour ago, JenniferM18 said:

Is there any possibility of the results being emailed over the weekend, or are we assuming it may be Monday at the earliest at this point?

I don't think the weekend is possible. For me the previous emails were on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Always in the afternoon.

I think the fact that it is taking so long must mean record number of applicants so i am not holding out any hope for a Yes after 2 waitlisted places.
This will be the last time we apply for summer intensive though as it just means she is not what they are looking for and i am not going to do it to myself or let her have another rejection. 
wishing you all the best of luck. 

Edited by Adagio123

1 hour ago, BalletMummy123 said:

I’ve just emailed and got the same response as the other person did last week. They will be emailed by mid Feb.

Is it not mid Feb now? 😁 probably by Friday I reckon? Xx

For me it is. 😉 

Everything after Wednesday is late February according to me. 🙂 

• Like 2