Yorkshire Ballet Seminars (YBS) 2023

MissEmily

2 hours ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

It maybe depends where you're coming from but we've always taken the train to Harrogate and then either a taxi or bus from there to the school (if we have suitcases etc) or if it's just me going back to collect (with no luggage) then it's about a 30 min walk. 

It's only about 10 mins drive from Harrogate station to the school, I think we paid about £8ish in a taxi at Easter. 

Thank you. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn’t apply this year but based on what I’ve seen and heard personally, the ones I know have been given a place in week 1. These are young dancers who are not in vocational school and are also not headed to vocational school from September. Weeks 1 and 2 are still very much term time in our area so we would have had to apply for week 3. I’m quite glad we didn’t now as it sounds like, from previous posts, that this week might be oversubscribed.

On 19/04/2023 at 16:38, TinyNEDancer said:

My DD is going week 3, I'd be keen to hear of others that will be there the same week. The couple of other girls she knows that are going are week 1 or 2 🤞. She will know one girl, but the other girl is older so unlikely to be in the same group... 

My DD is week 3. You’re welcome to message me if you’d like?

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, WhatsThePointe said:

For anyone anxiously waiting, my DD was offered a place yesterday after being put on the waiting list. so it definitely does happen. Also we've just emailed to turn it down so hopefully it will wing it's way to another lovely dancer soon!

Thank you for letting us know

Hi all, My DD will be attending week 1 of the courses this year.  She will need to travel from Manchester airport to the course and I'm looking for any travel tips for this route. We're never made this journey so appreciate any help.

I've checked online and see there's a train link Manchester airport to Leeds and then she could change at Leeds to continue on to Harrogate. Any services to avoid? Any good routes? 

Thanks for your help 😄

Also another question for those who have attended the course previously....

is the end of course demonstration for parents a "special" performance or just a run through of exercises from classes of the week?

I'm wondering if it is ok to miss the demonstration because of onward travel.  I know she wont want her inclusion during the week to be affected because she is not there for the demonstration. 

Thanks again to all. I'm really glad we have this forum to share our knowledge - its really helped me over the last 2 years  😁

6 minutes ago, sillysally said:

Also another question for those who have attended the course previously....

is the end of course demonstration for parents a "special" performance or just a run through of exercises from classes of the week?

I'm wondering if it is ok to miss the demonstration because of onward travel.  I know she wont want her inclusion during the week to be affected because she is not there for the demonstration. 

Thanks again to all. I'm really glad we have this forum to share our knowledge - its really helped me over the last 2 years  😁

Last year my dd's group performed a short section of class work (all the groups did different bits) and then the repertoire they had learnt.  Its a lovely presentation but not a serious performance, I cant imagine that her week will be affected at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter was on the waiting list and is now going to week 2! So she’s very happy! 
just wondering do they send out a list of what to pack and a timetable too?

also how is it to get to from London! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penguinboysmum said:

Congrats to your daughter. Train from London is easy. King's Cross to York then York to Harrogate. There is also a direct train between Harrogate and King's Cross but that doesn't run very frequently

On a good day they run a direct train about 4 times per day.  Although they terminate them at Leeds sometimes.  Otherwise it's either a change at Leeds or York.  The York service is slightly quicker but the Leeds service has more frequent connections.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...