Yorkshire Ballet Seminars (YBS) 2023

MissEmily

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Mrsgdy said:

We got our email at 5pm fingers crossed for you, your email may have just bounced back. They emailed during the application process saying they’d had some issues with emails x

Email in, there was problem with my email provider 🙈 x

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Ballet_dancer2020 said:

Just received our email. Waitlist for us - interested to know if lots of others also

on waitlist (as seems to have been the case with royal this year!)

I’m still waiting for results, my friends DD has had an email today with waitlist 

• Like 1

Congratulations to the ‘yes’ results! 

DD has waiting list. Disappointing as she received a yes last two years and has improved even further (in terms of results) since, so we had been expecting a yes. Apparently limited number of places available which is a shame, as it says here:

“Due to a large number of applications and a restriction on our class sizes at this point we can only offer you a place on our wait list. We hope that a place will become available soon and we will notify you as soon as it does.”

How likely is it that you will get on the Yorkshire Ballet Seminar Summer Intensives if you are put on the waiting list! My dd has been put on the waiting list and I’m just wondering wether or not to book elsewhere for summer

Its so hard being on a waiting list isnt it, my dd was on 3 last year and we had the same worries. She got into Yorkshire and ENB in the end which was a massive relief! This year unfortunately again, waiting list for 3! I am probably going to just wait and hope, though I think theres less chance this time round.... theres not many alternative options for her for those weeks, I'd be interested to know if you have found some good alternatives still taking applications though? As we are in London, our back up is currently lots of classes at Pineapple/Danceworks.

3 minutes ago, Swanwings said:

Its so hard being on a waiting list isnt it, my dd was on 3 last year and we had the same worries. She got into Yorkshire and ENB in the end which was a massive relief! This year unfortunately again, waiting list for 3! I am probably going to just wait and hope, though I think theres less chance this time round.... theres not many alternative options for her for those weeks, I'd be interested to know if you have found some good alternatives still taking applications though? As we are in London, our back up is currently lots of classes at Pineapple/Danceworks.

Central or Ballet Boost

18 minutes ago, Zara said:

How likely is it that you will get on the Yorkshire Ballet Seminar Summer Intensives if you are put on the waiting list! My dd has been put on the waiting list and I’m just wondering wether or not to book elsewhere for summer

I was wondering the same. From what I can see on the other YBS thread everyone so far who wasn't a yes has been offered WL so my hopes are not high. I may be (and hoping I am !) completely wrong of course  x

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zara said:

Currently DD is doing Ballet Boost for Easter, I had looked at Malvern and also Moorland too! We can do Central but wanted DD to experience a residential as she is day school for vocational 

I think Hammond do a residential for the summer 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zara said:

Currently DD is doing Ballet Boost for Easter, I had looked at Malvern and also Moorland too! We can do Central but wanted DD to experience a residential as she is day school for vocational 

Tring is a great residential xx

• Like 1