Royal Opera House Winter season 2022/23 booking

5 minutes ago, Mary said:

Lucky you! I got bounced around all over the place, sent back to the back of the queue 3 times ( must have done something wrong..)

but got some tickets in the end...

What browser were you using?

Edge - didn't encounter a queue at all!

If you need to call 

ALERT (20/09/22 09:00 BST)

We are currently experiencing problems with our telephone lines. Please use this alternative telephone number for bookings and enquiries until we have remedied the issue: +44(0)207 240 1200. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

These threads always strike me with panic! Is this for priority booking or have I missed a general booking period? Can someone please let me know what is in this BP? I checked Sleeping Beauty booking dates but there don't seem to be any scheduled for today- unless last week's was postponed due to the national mourning period?

Edited by RHowarth

53 minutes ago, oncnp said:

If you need to call 

ALERT (20/09/22 09:00 BST)

We are currently experiencing problems with our telephone lines. Please use this alternative telephone number for bookings and enquiries until we have remedied the issue: +44(0)207 240 1200. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Is that the Ghostbusters line?

1 minute ago, zxDaveM said:

Is that the Ghostbusters line?

Perhaps for the tickets that the website says are available for a performance but when you go to the seat map to book don't seem to actually exist. 

43 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

I was surprised that I only appeared to have  15 minutes to complete all bookings in one go. The period was much longer last time. 

Weird - the timer was definitely set to 45 minutes for me, though I only needed five - maybe it would have cut me off early.

39 minutes ago, RHowarth said:

These threads always strike me with panic! Is this for priority booking or have I missed a general booking period? Can someone please let me know what is in this BP? I checked Sleeping Beauty booking dates but there don't seem to be any scheduled for today- unless last week's was postponed due to the national mourning period?

I think it must be booking day for Friends plus (their booking day doesn't seem to be listed on the Winter period production pages)

Nutcracker has to be seen by Dec 31st  for me possibly even stretch it to Jan 1st but ideally speaking it’s a pre Christmas ballet for me so Ive booked that for mid December. 
I see that after Christmas Sleeping Beauty is then on the cards but I’m leaving seeing it until the summer as it finishes so late!

so probably just Wolf Works in March for me in the Winter season. 

It’s really only sleeping beauty and wolf works in Winter (on main stage, plus Tanowitz in Linbury). 

Really emphasises the lack of programming diversity…(and in Spring we have two ballet a on main stage again, sleeping beauty again and Cinderella, and in Summer only the mixed bill). 

glad to hear booking went smoothly, it appears they have sorted the website out finally, hurrah!

Compared to previous first days of booking, today seemed very lacklustre; I have booked for the class on stage in December as they are always fascinating. I am none too keen on McGregor but having never seen Woolf Works have booked for that and after some considerable umming and ahing (mainly over the price of the seats) have booked to see William Bracewell and Fumi Kaneko in Sleeping (as they were so terrific in R&J),

Rather a long wait as I have nothing booked for January and February and usually need something to look forward to after Christmas as January looms!