Royal Ballet Autumn 2022 casting details

A friend of mine who doesn’t go that often but loves ballet who was going tonight told me she was a bit worried as the last time she saw Mayerling was the performance McCrae snapped his Achilles and it was very audible and his reaction to it.   It really did affect her. Another friend had booked tonight’s performance for her so she initially had no idea it would be McCrae dancing the role tonight until I told her on Wednesday! I said not to worry he’s already successfully danced the role so am sure he will be fine 🙄
To be honest I think she is secretly relieved that it will now be Ball dancing and not McCrae even though she does like him.  
Anyway glad to see he is taking precautions ….we had been discussing his amazing recovery and how difficult the psychological side of recovering from injury must be especially when things happen mid performance. 
I hope he will be fully fit to dance Nutcracker as I expect his children would love to see him in that. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LinMM said:

A friend of mine who doesn’t go that often but loves ballet who was going tonight told me she was a bit worried as the last time she saw Mayerling was the performance McCrae snapped his Achilles and it was very audible and his reaction to it.   It really did affect her. Another friend had booked tonight’s performance for her so she initially had no idea it would be McCrae dancing the role tonight until I told her on Wednesday! I said not to worry he’s already successfully danced the role so am sure he will be fine 🙄
To be honest I think she is secretly relieved that it will now be Ball dancing and not McCrae even though she does like him.  
Anyway glad to see he is taking precautions ….we had been discussing his amazing recovery and how difficult the psychological side of recovering from injury must be especially when things happen mid performance. 
I hope he will be fully fit to dance Nutcracker as I expect his children would love to see him in that. 

Steven snapped his achilles in Manon, I think.

• Like 3

Oh maybe I don’t know …she seemed to think it was Mayerling hence the angst at seeing him perform in it again! 
I was joking with her earlier that Steven must have known she was coming and decided not to risk it lol! 
Anyway I’m sure she will be very impressed with Balls performance tonight instead.

I hope the RB will announce the cast changes as soon as possible.  I'm in Birmingham for the matinee on Tuesday, and if I have to get back in time for a 7.30 start that might prove difficult!  But if anyone has a spare, easily accessible standing ticket or suchlike I might well be in the market for one ...

• 2 weeks later...