Nureyev: Legend and Legacy - September, Drury Lane

Oh for crying out loud. Not only am I going to have train issues for Giselle next week, due to the train strikes, but now I've just discovered that all fast trains from Cambridge-London & back have been cancelled today. If I hadn't paid so much for my ticket - which I'm now majorly regretting after seeing the offers - I'm not sure I'd bother to go tonight.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Oh for crying out loud. Not only am I going to have train issues for Giselle next week, due to the train strikes, but now I've just discovered that all fast trains from Cambridge-London & back have been cancelled today. If I hadn't paid so much for my ticket - which I'm now majorly regretting after seeing the offers - I'm not sure I'd bother to go tonight.

At least it finishes reasonably early, 2145 I hear....unless you had a £1000 ticket!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob S said:

At least it finishes reasonably early, 2145 I hear....unless you had a £1000 ticket!!

But, unfortunately for those of us without the £1000 or £400 tickets, so much is happening beforehand and during the interval by way of receptions, mixing the Royalty (that’s what it says!!!), talks and drinks that there is almost bound to be some delay.

Edited by capybara

2 hours ago, capybara said:

Oh - WOW! 

I've seen a number of 'private' offers but hadn't realised that they had 'gone public' as it were.

Incredibly the very seat for which I paid £117.00 when tickets first went on sale is now available for £47.50.

I am really REALLY not happy!

• Like 2

I have to say I’d be a little miffed if I’d paid £117 for my ticket and then later they were selling for £47.50!! 
surely they could offer at least some reduction for those already sold earlier or a free glass of champagne ( though more like a bottle might be in order here) or something! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

I have to say I’d be a little miffed if I’d paid £117 for my ticket and then later they were selling for £47.50!! 
surely they could offer at least some reduction for those already sold earlier or a free glass of champagne ( though more like a bottle might be in order here) or something! 

The champagne is associated with the £1000 and £400 tickets only 😉

3 hours ago, Fonty said:

I am really REALLY not happy!

Me neither, it does seem very underhand, and disrespectful to those who were conscientious enough to book earlier, believing it would be a sell out. I suppose the timings of early September, which might still be holiday time for some, has contributed to this?

As I recall though, front row seats for the first night went quite quickly. So I suppose it's worth it if you snapped one of those 

I have a full price seat too...

It's happened to me several times...... and sometimes I have got the cheap last-minute seat. 

Isn't that life.

And times are very strange and difficult.  I don't think it's underhand.. just a shame and sad. 

• Like 7

Just now, Mary said:

I have a full price seat too...

It's happened to me several times...... and sometimes I have got the cheap last-minute seat. 

Isn't that life.

And times are very strange and difficult.  I don't think it's underhand.. just a shame and sad. 

It's happened to me quite a few times over the years but if you have to travel to see something (you should try living in the ballet desert known as Liverpool!) you can't take a chance on waiting for offers.  I have been able to take advantage of offers if I happen to have been in the right place at the right time.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, art_enthusiast said:

I'm in my early twenties and was literally raised watching and reading about Nureyev/Fonteyn performances - probably thanks to my grandmother, a huge Nureyev aficionado, who very sadly passed away a few weeks ago at 95 years old. I will be going to the performance on Monday night in memory of her, as I know she would have wanted me to attend. Very sad that Marcelino won't be in Laurencia, but otherwise really looking forward to it.

I’m so sorry for your loss, art_enthusiast. Your grandmother had great taste- Nureyev simply loved ballet and was tireless in his enthusiasm for dancing and staging it. Hope you enjoy the show tonight while treasuring memories of your grandmother. 💐

Discounted late-sale tickets are, as I see it, a slap in the face to those who book early. 

For example, I subscribe to The Australian Ballet. This is done in September for the following calendar year. A reserve tickets are between $170 and $240 (with subscriber discount) depending on the programme and theatre. Then when one doesn't sell well, they'll suddenly offer all A and B reserve tickets for $99. It's like they don't want subscribers.

• Like 2