Nureyev: Legend and Legacy - September, Drury Lane

Yep it's working, but it keeps saying "Your selection cannot leave single seats" which is really annoying. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I only wish to book one seat!

It seems for the first and last nights, you have to book multiple seats. Bizarre

Edited by art_enthusiast

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it means in selecting your single seat you cannot leave one unoccupied single seat next to your choice. For example if there are two unoccupied seats next to the aisle and the rest of the row is taken, you wouldn’t be able to select the aisle seat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I think it means in selecting your single seat you cannot leave one unoccupied single seat next to your choice. For example if there are two unoccupied seats next to the aisle and the rest of the row is taken, you wouldn’t be able to select the aisle seat.

Thanks for the explanation. Why exactly, though? It seems quite unfair, having to purchase both seats in order to sit where you want to sit

Edited by art_enthusiast

8 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Thanks for the explanation. Why exactly, though? It seems quite unfair, having to purchase both seats in order to sit where you want to sit

Because a pair is considered easier to sell than a single seat. Lots of online booking systems do the same (Sadlers Wells for example).

I don't like it either but have got used to it. If you visit the box office in person there may be more flexibility - and buying tickets this way, if you're in the area at the right time, often saves you the booking fee too.

• Like 1

I think theatres ask the question: how easy would it be to sell the remaining seat? Selling an aisle seat may be easier than selling the one next to the aisle. When I was looking, I was interested in the aisle seat but couldn’t book it. I could have booked an aisle seat on a different row as there would have been more than one unoccupied seats next to me. [I haven’t as yet got a ticket as I’d like to hear a bit more about rail services given possible strikes.]

• 1 month later...

Full Programme:

Sleeping Beauty Act II Entr'acte Solo

Gayane Pas de deux

La Bayadere Pas de deux

Flower Festival in Genzano Pas de deux

Laurencia Pas de six

Sleeping Beauty Act III Grand Pas de deux

Giselle Act II Pas de deux

Don Juan Pas de deux

Le Corsaire Pas de deux

• Thanks 2

Guest oncnp

According to the article in this month's Dancing Times Natascha Mair and Vadim Muntagirov will be dancing the Sleeping Beauty Act III Grand Pas de deux.

Natalia Osipova is staging as well as dancing in Laurencia Pas de six

50 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Just to confirm, will all the dancers listed on the website be in each of the performances?

Guillaume Cote is only 12/9.   Hugo Marchand was meant to be 5/9 and 6/9, but he is now unable to participate.   They are searching a replacement. 

I think they were both doing the opening Sleeping Beauty solo.

Edited by FionaE
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Alina Cojocaru and Alexandr Trusch are performing Neumeier’ Don Juan pdd at the Hamburg annual gala tomorrow night.  So that’ll be the same for the Nureyev gala.   I’ve no idea what this.  Hoping to learn more after tomorrow . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FionaE said:

Alina Cojocaru and Alexandr Trusch are performing Neumeier’ Don Juan pdd at the Hamburg annual gala tomorrow night.  So that’ll be the same for the Nureyev gala.   I’ve no idea what this.  Hoping to learn more after tomorrow . 

Apparently don Juan was the only Neumeier's work danced by Nureyev.

I saw the pdd in Venice danced by two of my favorite dancers, Silvia Azzoni and Oleksandr Ryabko in 2018. The two are dancing in the clip below at min 8.43.

I don't remember that much of the pdd, despite the quality of the dancers, being not really impressed by the choreography.

A pity Neumeier sent Trusch, a graceless compact dancer, with an unappealing stage presence, a mediocre upper body and an extremely modest capacity to act and connect with his partners, in my opinion at the moment by far the less interesting male dancer of Hamburg Ballet: the past week in various roles Felix Paquet, Jacopo Bellussi, Christoper Evans, Alessandro Frola, Edvin Revazov, Karen Azatyan show with tremendous performances that the company is in great shape on the male side, at least most of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for this link @annamicro  

This pdd looks very similar to the white pdd from Neumeier’s La Dame aux Camelias.

I don’t like the music as much.  Disappointing.  

Alina should be dancing an excerpt from Marguerite & Armand, with any of her prior partners in this ballet.  This would be way more appropriate and moving.  

Edited by FionaE
Add info
  • Like 1

Good to see a mixture of well known pieces and ones I’ve not heard of, let alone seen before.

Intrigued to see who will be doing the Bayadere and Corsaire pas de deux. Shame about Marchand…would be nice to see someone from Paris still if possible. 

I booked this ages ago, but can't find any confirmation email and didn't put the performances into my diary at the time.  Can anyone please tell me where the email would have come from?  I've tried logging into my account, but can't remember the password I used, and the "forgotten password" email hasn't arrived.

I spoke to the LW theatres central number today because all I had was a reference number. A very helpful young man confirmed I have a seat, that (as I feared) I had put in the wrong email address, and he updated that and resent my confirmation. E-tickets coming shortly before the event. Big sigh of relief...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mary said:

I found mine by searching Nureyev in my email.. glad it isn't just me -and it was from

'norepy@lwtheatres.co.uk'

they say e-ticket to be sent 24 hrs beforehand.

Thanks, Mary.  Unfortunately, all I have from that email address is the "thank you for signing up" email.

8 hours ago, alison said:

Unfortunately, all I have from that email address is the "thank you for signing up" email.

Same for me - but if you scroll down a bit in that email there's a transaction summary, where it gives your ticket number, the date and "Delivery Method: E-Ticket"

Then under this: "As a reminder, this isn’t your ticket. Your E-Ticket or Mobile Ticket will be sent to you 24 hours prior to your chosen performance time."

So I think it's all in one email

• Thanks 1

Mine isn't.  It's literally a thank you for signing up and an option to Click Here to change the password.  Incidentally, I have just Clicked Here, only to find that the link is broken, and clicking on the Forgotten Password link doesn't get me sent anything, either.

I clearly have booked, because there's a transaction on my credit card, but it looks like only the one performance.  I was pretty certain I'd booked 2.  So I don't know what's happening.

7 hours ago, alison said:

Mine isn't.  It's literally a thank you for signing up and an option to Click Here to change the password.  Incidentally, I have just Clicked Here, only to find that the link is broken, and clicking on the Forgotten Password link doesn't get me sent anything, either.

I clearly have booked, because there's a transaction on my credit card, but it looks like only the one performance.  I was pretty certain I'd booked 2.  So I don't know what's happening.

Alison, could you try phoning them or emailing them to ask if they can reinstate you? I had this problem where I had once booked with them over a decade ago but my email address had changed. I gave them my details to be able prove it was me (this was after I had booked and paid for the Nureyev show tickets ) and some polite person replied and gave me a link to reset everything, and I could finally see my tickets, and it worked fine. I guess going there in person would work too, but sorting out your website login would make things easier. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MaddieRose said:

Paris Opera Ballet Étoile Germain Louvet has been announced for the line up, I assume to take the place of Hugo Marchand 

Thanks, MaddieRose, for being our efficient Twitter and Instagram bulletin reporter! 💐

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1