Prix de Lausanne 2022

25 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

The Prix website says the choices of this year's winners will be published in a month - have some already said something? 

One has. She said it on a public social media so anyone can know but it’s in portuguese. I actually really love her choice because though all former dancers from this school have gone to The Royal Ballet School, she ended up choosing something kind of unexpected - since her school’s history with the Prix always made it seem like RBS was the place she’d go.

Given the support she received to go to her choice of school and also her personal liking to the school and company, I think she’ll have a incredible future ahead of her there.

When all the info is made available by the prix oficial channels, I’ll be sure to comeback here say more things in detail and other tidbits about the competition ( from her point of view) that I though were very interesting and insightful.

Edited by Ingrid
  • Like 2

The social media I use (not Twitter ) provides a translation button for substantive posts; but this news is on lucianasagioroofficial’s Instagram story.

She says she is going to Paris Opera Ballet School (it’s very clear; so no translation required on my part!). (The school Director, Elizabeth Platel, was one of the teachers giving class last week.)

• Like 5

On 05/02/2022 at 21:32, Sabine0308 said:

I felt sorry for the Japanese dancers, I think some of them very really strong but then the nerves set in, one even fell onstage. 

Min Lee of South Korea fell in his classical variation and having watched it again it looks as if the stage was slippery in that spot because he didn't appear to do anything wrong technically. Micah Levine of the US fell in the same spot in the warm up class.  

On 06/02/2022 at 16:07, Sabine0308 said:

I just realized we had this topic in 2020 already 😀, here the comparison:

https://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/22012-prix-de-lausanne-2020/?do=findComment&comment=309671

What Shale received the award, there seemed to be some confusion because when the criteria for the award was announced, the judges could be heard mumbling something like "oh, actually we haven't done it like that!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, invisiblecircus said:

Min Lee of South Korea fell in his classical variation and having watched it again it looks as if the stage was slippery in that spot because he didn't appear to do anything wrong technically. Micah Levine of the US fell in the same spot in the warm up class.  

What Shale received the award, there seemed to be some confusion because when the criteria for the award was announced, the judges could be heard mumbling something like "oh, actually we haven't done it like that!"

And Tsukino Tanaka (Jp) from Zurich Academy fell, stood up and finished well. 😍

...I loved that scene with Shale’s Noureyev Award. 😀

• Like 1

What I felt very sorry was at the semifinals when Kaining Dong (China, 416) was about to perform La Sylphide but there was some technical mistakes in the playing of music and that happened several times so he could not get in sync with the music. He should have been given another chance. 

I am rather proud that I actually know Darrion Sellman's teacher from his previous school in California. He won a scholarship to Princess Grace from YAGP, which is why they get the credit, but his training was in the States and at an RAD school!  This teacher is brilliant - she trained her own son, whose win at YAGP gave him a scholarship to the Royal.  He's now leading Principal at Joffrey Ballet!

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Naomi M said:

What I felt very sorry was at the semifinals when Kaining Dong (China, 416) was about to perform La Sylphide but there was some technical mistakes in the playing of music and that happened several times so he could not get in sync with the music. He should have been given another chance. 

Yes I felt so sorry for him too. It would have been fair to give him another chance!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The destinations of the 2022 Prize Winners have been announced:

https://www.prixdelausanne.org/schools-companies-chosen-by-the-2022-prize-winners/

Darrion Sellman: The Royal Ballet Apprenticeship

Tsukino Tanaka: Norwegian National Ballet Apprenticeship

Luciana Sagioro: Paris Opera Ballet School Scholarship

Mingyang Xie: Royal Ballet School Scholarship

Dorian Plasse: Stuttgart Ballet Apprenticeship

Maya Schonbrun: Royal Swedish Ballet Apprenticeship

Amy Ronnfeldt: Forfeited

Sumin Lee: TBC Scholarship 

• Like 3

Pleased to see Darrion Sellman taking up RB apprenticeship. 
I have to say I don’t remember Mingyang Xie at the Prix but congratulations to her for the scholarship…she must have been one of the younger ones and I concentrated on the older ones only this time. 

2 hours ago, LinMM said:

Pleased to see Darrion Sellman taking up RB apprenticeship. 
I have to say I don’t remember Mingyang Xie at the Prix but congratulations to her for the scholarship…she must have been one of the younger ones and I concentrated on the older ones only this time. 

Ming Yang Xie is a male dancer, with beautiful lines and a danseur noble quality with fine technique. He would be a great addition if he could make into the company. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Naomi M said:

Ming Yang Xie is a male dancer, with beautiful lines and a danseur noble quality with fine technique. He would be a great addition if he could make into the company. 

I particularly admired him in the competition.  As you say gorgeous lines, and good training.  He also had good charisma on stage for a young dancer.  So pleased I will get to see him locally to me.  

• Like 1

Thankyou FionaE 😊

Goodness a lovely dancer and yes those feet!! 
I didn’t watch every candidates final pieces this year so missed him but the Royal certainly lucky he has chosen them for his final training. 
I can’t see him not getting into the Company eventually unless he decides he wants to go elsewhere!! 

• Like 2

I have been told that the finalist who has forfeited their prize intends to complete the year at their current school, with the aim of gaining a contract at the affiliated company.

(I hope this is acceptable provision of information - it came to me from a member of staff at said institution)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...