Vocational school applications for Y7 entry 2022

BalletBoysDad

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bookish said:

Has anyone else had a no from Elmhurst and asked for feedback? We got an email saying she could get feedback via the young dancers email, which we’ve asked for, but not had yet. 

If you’re waiting on feedback of any sort from young dancers you’ll be waiting a very long time 🤦🏻‍♀️

I just want to wish everyone the best of luck for the next few days and WL Yr7 girls semi finals. 

I don’t know if anyone else feels the same as me and is feeling the pressure of getting there safely (given the forecast), praying DD enjoys herself and feels positive when she comes out and then eventual worry about the actual results!!  

But hopefully they’ll all have an amazing time. 

Now, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many they have taken to semis? I think 3 sessions per day, 3 days and 20-25 on each session so 180 to 225?

Next guess … if what they told me in an email at the beginning the process is true and finals are 3rd and 4th March, how long do you think the results will be? I think they’ll have to be pretty quick 😮

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SJBallet said:

I just want to wish everyone the best of luck for the next few days and WL Yr7 girls semi finals. 

I don’t know if anyone else feels the same as me and is feeling the pressure of getting there safely (given the forecast), praying DD enjoys herself and feels positive when she comes out and then eventual worry about the actual results!!  

But hopefully they’ll all have an amazing time. 

Now, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many they have taken to semis? I think 3 sessions per day, 3 days and 20-25 on each session so 180 to 225?

Next guess … if what they told me in an email at the beginning the process is true and finals are 3rd and 4th March, how long do you think the results will be? I think they’ll have to be pretty quick 😮

Finals for other Year groups begin on 24th February so I would think semi- final results would be out before then

9 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Oh wow really? 

Full schedule that was on DD invite to finals - she’s going for Yr10 entry is:

Yr 8&9 on 24/02, Yr 10&11 on 25/02 and 26/02 and, as you mention, Yr7 girls on 03/03 and 04/03.

Yr7 boys on 07/03 and 08/03.

16 minutes ago, stardust1 said:

Full schedule that was on DD invite to finals - she’s going for Yr10 entry is:

Yr 8&9 on 24/02, Yr 10&11 on 25/02 and 26/02 and, as you mention, Yr7 girls on 03/03 and 04/03.

Yr7 boys on 07/03 and 08/03.

Oh fab thank you. They must definitely send results out quickly then if they are 3rd and 4th for Y7 girls .

Huge good luck to your DD. 

• Thanks 1

I could really do without an amber weather warning, two storms and multiple emails from LNER telling me there will be significant disruption over the next few days… 

If we make it down south, I just hope, as above, that DD comes out happy and feeling like she’s done her best. What will be… 

I predict results by end of next week 🤞🏻

11 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I could really do without an amber weather warning, two storms and multiple emails from LNER telling me there will be significant disruption over the next few days… 

If we make it down south, I just hope, as above, that DD comes out happy and feeling like she’s done her best. What will be… 

I predict results by end of next week 🤞🏻

The weather is an added stress isn’t it! 

I’ve booked train tickets but am tempted to drive. X