Moorland 2021 Entry

ponklemum

I haven’t seen a thread on Moorland so I thought I’d start one.

My ds has auditioned for year 7 entry and earlier this evening I received an email offering him a place. I won’t be able to accept without financial help so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the bursary audition. 

• Like 5

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The red shoes said:

Well Done to your children!! How long after the closing date did you get results? Was it a video audition?

Yes it was video audition and they had to be in by the 31st December. I think I put ds video in on the 28th December. I got the results earlier this evening xx

9 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Congratulations both! No matter what happens it is lovely to say you have got a place in a ballet school! X 

Thank you, this is my thought. The fact he’s been offered a place is amazing. Obviously I’d love for him to get a bursary and be able to go, but what will be will be xx

8 minutes ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Congratulations 🥳 Dd1 has been offered a place for 6th form but we too need lottery win. Looks a lovely course.

Amazing 😊 My dd and ds did summer course there 2019 and loved the place and the teachers xx

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t recommend this school highly enough .

Several of my pupils have gone on to train there . 

It is like one big happy family .

Small classes and amazing teaching .

Definitely up there with the best .

My DS attended their Summer school several times and gained such a lot from it .

Although he wasn’t a full time student at Moorlands , the teachers have continued to follow his progress , and offer advice and support when he has needed it .

• Like 3

Does anyone have any info on what a typical day looks like for a Yr 7 and what additional classes are offered over and above ballet. 
I can’t find the info although I am sure I had it.
Also, for anyone there already, DD keen to find out about boarding. How many to a room etc

She’s also now panicking that she can’t do her own bun. Little things but huge to a 10 year old! 

Has anyone else had problems getting replies from Moorland? My DD was offered a place and I have emailed asking for a phone call to answer some questions. Not had a reply despite chasing it up (over 2 weeks now, 3 since my 1st email). I also tried the admissions person yesterday but not heard from him yet either. 

On 05/02/2021 at 22:59, WhatsThePointe said:

Has anyone else had problems getting replies from Moorland? My DD was offered a place and I have emailed asking for a phone call to answer some questions. Not had a reply despite chasing it up (over 2 weeks now, 3 since my 1st email). I also tried the admissions person yesterday but not heard from him yet either. 

Yes also not getting a response after initial email. Does anyone know how much the fees are? Couldn’t find it on the website. 😬

So we now have an offer, and the bursary audition to look forward to, but I can’t quite understand if they’re *just* reviewing what’s already been sent or if there is an actual zoom class to assess them?  Thanks for your help guys x

Edited by Flower

On 30/01/2021 at 09:54, MrsR said:

Does anyone have any info on what a typical day looks like for a Yr 7 and what additional classes are offered over and above ballet. 
I can’t find the info although I am sure I had it.
Also, for anyone there already, DD keen to find out about boarding. How many to a room etc

She’s also now panicking that she can’t do her own bun. Little things but huge to a 10 year old! 

When we looked round Tring last year they said the older girls (who wanted) were on a rota to do the little ones’ hair every morning 😍 

• Like 3

I would be very much keen to have a copy of Moorlands fees please.  My DD has been offered at place in Yr12, took us out of the blue too.  Also has an unfunded place offered at Tring.  I may need to sell my other child to afford these places!