Moorland 2021 Entry

ponklemum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Has anyone had responses from Moorlands? I emailed an enquiry about summer school auditions a couple of weeks ago and had a lovely response within a couple of hours, so last week we submitted our audition video. I didn’t receive an acknowledgement email and the closing date isn’t until 2nd April but yesterday, at about the same time as her video was viewed (briefly) for the second time, I received an email with a portal registration and once registered and logged in it says my DD as upcoming summer school registration and boarding registration.

I’ve emailed them to see if this means she’s been offered a place, but I’m wondering if it’s just generic system generated?

I’m also thinking if you guys haven’t heard back yet, I might be in for a bit of a wait?

1 hour ago, SJBallet said:

Hello,

Has anyone had responses from Moorlands? I emailed an enquiry about summer school auditions a couple of weeks ago and had a lovely response within a couple of hours, so last week we submitted our audition video. I didn’t receive an acknowledgement email and the closing date isn’t until 2nd April but yesterday, at about the same time as her video was viewed (briefly) for the second time, I received an email with a portal registration and once registered and logged in it says my DD as upcoming summer school registration and boarding registration.

I’ve emailed them to see if this means she’s been offered a place, but I’m wondering if it’s just generic system generated?

I’m also thinking if you guys haven’t heard back yet, I might be in for a bit of a wait?

Sounds standard for them. It means that you have a place 😃

2 hours ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Hi everyone, I attend moorland full time so if anyone has any questions I’d be happy to message you x

Hi,

My daughter has been offered a place on The Professional Vocational Course for students aged 16+.   What year are you in?

6 minutes ago, WhatsThePointe said:

I'm despairing at the mo. I messaged them on Facebook after no reply to 2 emails to ballet teacher and 1 to admissions. Facebook replied quickly saying they would pass my message directly to admissions. Still not heard back from them! 

I've not heard from the Admissions Manager either.  I have however, just spoken with the School Secretary who was very helpful & will be giving him a nudge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I’ve just spoken to the secretary at Moorland and the bursary auditions on April 2nd are NOT in person. They will JUST be reviewing the videos we sent in at the beginning of the process. 

Hope that helps x

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Oh that’s fab. Good luck to your DD. We’re considering applying for level one, but it’s a scary thought. Do you know much about the timetable for this level? How much ballet do they do and is it mixed into the school day? 

We've not applied for a vocational place sorry just level 1 associate's. It's 2.5 hours of a Saturday during term time. They do body conditioning, technique and also character/drama during that time. Typically 5 weeks on 3 weeks off xx

Edited by Dancingsantosisters

3 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

We've not applied for a vocational place sorry just level 1 associate's. It's 2 hours of a Saturday during term time. Typically 5 weeks on 3 weeks off xx

Ah I see. It’s all so confusing. 

Glad your DD is enjoying it though and fingers crossed for her level 1 place 🤞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Ah I see. It’s all so confusing. 

Glad your DD is enjoying it though and fingers crossed for her level 1 place 🤞

It really is confusing !! I was literally at a loss this time last year as it was the first time she'd auditioned for anything or a place. She auditioned for RBS and Elmhurst as well as moorland last year but wasn't successful other than Moorland. This year she's said she only wants to apply for Moorland because she loves it. God help me if she doesn't get a place 😭 xx

Just now, Dancingsantosisters said:

It really is confusing !! I was literally at a loss this time last year as it was the first time she'd auditioned for anything or a place. She auditioned for RBS and Elmhurst as well as moorland last year but wasn't successful other than Moorland. This year she's said she only wants to apply for Moorland because she loves it. God help me if she doesn't get a place 😭 xx

Aww surely she will if she’s happy and thriving there? I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. 

I thought we’d got through audition season this time round as we were only waiting for summer schools but then Facebook decided to notify me that applications are still open for Moorland so are now considering it, it sounded exciting when I first thought about it but the reality of it is terrifying. I doubt we’d be able to afford it and DD thinks she is absolutely ready to leave home in 5 months 😂!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Aww surely she will if she’s happy and thriving there? I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. 

I thought we’d got through audition season this time round as we were only waiting for summer schools but then Facebook decided to notify me that applications are still open for Moorland so are now considering it, it sounded exciting when I first thought about it but the reality of it is terrifying. I doubt we’d be able to afford it and DD thinks she is absolutely ready to leave home in 5 months 😂!

Yes mine isn't quite ready to board and that's what would be required if she applied for summer school there its over an hour drive each way for us. A week is a long time when they've not stayed away from home for any length of time. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. Miss Kidd is wonderful and I've heard her on zoom classes with the kids she so lovely. You can hear the caring tone in her voice. 

I hope you're right about a place for my DD xx

Just now, Dancingsantosisters said:

Yes mine isn't quite ready to board and that's what would be required if she applied for summer school there its over an hour drive each way for us. A week is a long time when they've not stayed away from home for any length of time. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. Miss Kidd is wonderful and I've heard her on zoom classes with the kids she so lovely. You can hear the caring tone in her voice. 

I hope you're right about a place for my DD xx

Oh that’s really lovely to hear. I have heard very good thinks about Mr & Mrs Kidd. DD is boarding for the summer school, we’re 80 miles away, it’s also her first time staying away from home so it will be a good test for her as she’s really keen to audition for vocational schools next year, which we’re

slowly preparing for. This year not so much though 😁

• Like 1