• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I hope everyone’s video auditions are going well. We have come across a problem and wondered whether anyone else had. We uploaded to YouTube and have had a warning straight away about copyright because of the music we used for the free movement! We are obviously now concerned that the video could be potentially deleted or silenced! We’re thinking to just send it with fingers crossed and put a note in to inform Elmhurst in case there is a problem... Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks x

8 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

Hi, I hope everyone’s video auditions are going well. We have come across a problem and wondered whether anyone else had. We uploaded to YouTube and have had a warning straight away about copyright because of the music we used for the free movement! We are obviously now concerned that the video could be potentially deleted or silenced! We’re thinking to just send it with fingers crossed and put a note in to inform Elmhurst in case there is a problem... Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks x

Hi

we had this problem too so we used OneDrive to create a link instead and emailed that across. Didn’t want to risk a fine on top of all these audition fees!!!

5 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

Oh dear sorry to hear that. YouTube is quite quick on this. We've sent ours as a Onedrive link (free package if not too large a file) and it seemed OK. Some of the accompanying music on that for the exercises is from musicals etc. so would have copyright issues but went through OK. Hope this helps!

29 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

Maybe send the YouTube link to a friend/family member and see how it plays for them? Then you will know if the sound has been removed I guess? 

Did it come up straight away when you uploaded it to your private files? We were worried about this but we didn't get any warnings. We were still concerned so sent link to various people to check it for us and they said it was all playing OK, otherwise maybe contact Elmhurst and ask if you can do one drive or vimeo? Good luck x

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

Thank you both that is very helpful. I thought we had to use only YouTube or Vimeo? Did you check with Elmhurst or just assume it’s fine to do it another way? Thank you! X

I emailed and asked and got a reply that they would be happy to accept a OneDrive link x

• Like 1

Hi question for all those doing Hammond videos... do the excercises at the barre need to be repeated both sides? It just lists the barre work and and filming from side but not about repeating. Am I'm being a bit dumb and I'm just supposed to know that they are done both sides or can we just do one side for each exercise? 🤔 I think I'm going loopy lol x

2 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi question for all those doing Hammond videos... do the excercises at the barre need to be repeated both sides? It just lists the barre work and and filming from side but not about repeating. Am I'm being a bit dumb and I'm just supposed to know that they are done both sides or can we just do one side for each exercise? 🤔 I think I'm going loopy lol x

Hello! They just say film barre from the side to check alignment and don't mention filming from both sides so I wasn't going to...I think Tring were the only ones that said about both sides as far as I'm aware....we are going to attempt the singing today! My dd is a lovely dancer but can't sing at all...should be interesting! X 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I think I will film both sides but just one side for the plie exercise (though I have the two sides from Tring). My ds does not do Jazz so not sure what to do, and wished they had put drama instead of vocals, lol. This is all getting a bit too much, nice to see other parents are also doing videos right now. This forum really helps me to carry on with this. Thank you all. xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I did the one side only. I’ve just realised, I did it at an angle and not side on (in between front and side on). 

I feel you all with the stress! We thought we had finished Elmhurst but then I realised the grand battments we filmed for Royal did not include retire passé so we have had to refilm the part in the studio yesterday and then it’s taken me all morning to put the video back together and for it to upload to YouTube so we have literally just sent it off now. We’ve finished filming everything for Hammond except the singing, so getting there with that. My DS also doesn’t do jazz, so his teacher kindly taught him two jazz exercises but because she did it in five minutes and he didn’t really have any time to rehearse it, I feel like when I filmed him it doesn’t show him in his best light if you know what I mean? Argh! I will be so glad when we are done! As for Tring, we haven’t even started yet 😫🙈 x

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

I did the one side only. I’ve just realised, I did it at an angle and not side on (in between front and side on). 

I don’t think it will matter lovely. I’ve done mine from an angle too. I mean surely they aren’t going to not take a child with potential to finals just because mum filmed the video slightly off? Surely if there’s anything else they need to see for the kids that we haven’t managed to capture they will just ask us? That’s what I’m hoping for anyway! I am sure they will understand how difficult this has been for both the kids and parents filming x

3 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I don’t think it will matter lovely. I’ve done mine from an angle too. I mean surely they aren’t going to not take a child with potential to finals just because mum filmed the video slightly off? Surely if there’s anything else they need to see for the kids that we haven’t managed to capture they will just ask us? That’s what I’m hoping for anyway! I am sure they will understand how difficult this has been for both the kids and parents filming x

Thank you, that makes me feel better. Think  I just had a moment of panic xx

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hello! They just say film barre from the side to check alignment and don't mention filming from both sides so I wasn't going to...I think Tring were the only ones that said about both sides as far as I'm aware....we are going to attempt the singing today! My dd is a lovely dancer but can't sing at all...should be interesting! X 

Yeah I think we will just do one side only... it doesn't state both like Tring did and the title says short barre excercises.. so I think we will do one side. Doing Jazz and singing later and luckily already have solo filmed x

24 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I think I will film both sides but just one side for the plie exercise (though I have the two sides from Tring). My ds does not do Jazz so not sure what to do, and wished they had put drama instead of vocals, lol. This is all getting a bit too much, nice to see other parents are also doing videos right now. This forum really helps me to carry on with this. Thank you all. xx

After reading it several times lol we will stick to one side only. Tring requested both sides so I'm going assume unless stated one side only lol and it says short barre excercises. Yeah DC not relishing the recording of singing... OK with Jazz but not looking forward to the talky bit introductory and why performing arts lol.... that could take a while to film haha x

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

You can only do your best 😊  im sure it will be fine..  its just says film side angle nothing else. We have decided to only do one side too given they've not asked for both sides to be filmed x

2 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Agree jazz exercise for Hammond is going to be tricky...so my sympathies! Our Hammond video will all have to be done at home. so it is heartening to hear others are facing the same challenge so positively. If it makes anyone feel any better, our Elmhurst video wasn't in the right order and included some exercises that weren't required because it was the RBS video with the extra bits on the end...I asked before sending (shortly before Christmas) and they said that was OK, just submit it! It was a really sympathetic response so I think yes, they do understand what we're all having to deal with. Good luck to all!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ponklemum said:

I didn’t even see the part about filming it side on until I put the clips together, so ours is filmed from the front !! 

21 hours ago, TwoDancers said:

I didn’t even see the part about filming it side on until I put the clips together, so ours is filmed from the front !! 

I think they’ll need to be understanding that we’re all doing our best.

I’ve now sent off everything except the RBS video. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. X 

6 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Where did you send the Hammond video? Is it to the registrar?

Good luck xx

Yes, and I got an automated response. I’ve asked for confirmation that they’ve received it ok so hopefully I’ll get that once they’re back xx

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, regarding the Hammond, I have not registered yet as I am still doing the video and just recently decided to apply. Can I register before having the video? it seems like a long application, do they need photos or anything else? I remember there used to be photos requirements with figures looking a bit like aliens but can no longer find the info on the website. Anyway, Happy New Year Everyone!

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi Everyone, regarding the Hammond, I have not registered yet as I am still doing the video and just recently decided to apply. Can I register before having the video? it seems like a long application, do they need photos or anything else? I remember there used to be photos requirements with figures looking a bit like aliens but can no longer find the info on the website. Anyway, Happy New Year Everyone!

I applied back in September and yes there were photos. A while later I was contacted by the registrar to say DC had been invited to audition. With a date, time and itinerary. Since that loads has changed so I'm not sure of the process now hopefully someone on here applied not long ago and could help but there were definitely photos. Good luck to your DC xx

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids
  • Like 1