7 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

We’ve got a prelim audition too 🙂 Not looking forward to another video though x

Brilliant! Another Video nightmare though...my terrible IT skills will yet again be stretched to the limit! 🤣Interesting timing as well, coming the day after the audition experience day...I wonder if decisions were made by looking at that? Or maybe everyone who applies gets to submit a video. Already overthinking this!

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
More text added
  • Like 1

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Brilliant! Another Video nightmare though...my terrible IT skills will yet again be stretched to the limit! 🤣Interesting timing as well, coming the day after the audition experience day...I wonder if decisions were made by looking at that? Or maybe everyone who applies gets to submit a video. Already overthinking this!

From what I can understand, they are screening for preliminary audition. Originally we were going to find out after the closing date of the 11th.. very suprised to get email today but of course relieved DC offered preliminary but yes another video! 🙈 reckon the way our filming has gone we could start our own carry on movie sequels 😂😂 Good luck everyone x

• Like 1

We also got a preliminary audition via email today but we didn’t attend the audition insight day. I also wasn’t expecting to hear until after December 11th but pleased to know! Thankfully there is a lot of crossover with the White Lodge video so hopefully shouldn’t be as tricky as doing that one!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

We didn't attend the insight day either, completely missed that it was happening and got the email today about the video requirements for preliminary. 

Was it a class for the children or more of an information session for the families?  

Both there was an audition class going through some of the exercises they may ask your child to do as part of a usual audition with tips etc.  This was similar to the RBS insight lesson in half term and then a separate Q&A for students and parents.  They said at the Q&A that everyone who applies will now be asked to submit a video audition.

29 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

Both there was an audition class going through some of the exercises they may ask your child to do as part of a usual audition with tips etc.  This was similar to the RBS insight lesson in half term and then a separate Q&A for students and parents.  They said at the Q&A that everyone who applies will now be asked to submit a video audition.

Thanks for the clarification! We didn't watch the talk, just did the audition practice. That will be a big batch of videos to watch then!

1 minute ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Thanks for the clarification! We didn't watch the talk, just did the audition practice. That will be a big batch of videos to watch then!

I thought the same I don’t envy having to watch all of the videos.  The Q&A was really good the Head Teacher, Artistic Director, Head of Dance Training and  Deputy Head all gave an insight into the school.  It’s sounds such a lovely place I was very impressed.

14 hours ago, glowlight said:

You are all going to be such wizzes at videoing by the end of this year :)

Feeling so relieved I dodged the bullet on this as being cameraman, lighting & sound technician & artistic director to produce a key decision making video for a DC fills me as a mum with extreme horror! My thoughts with all you supportive parents pushing through this to give your DC the best chances in these so difficult times....

Good Luck all & just think the relief when those videos are ‘a wrap’ & ‘in the can’. !!

• Like 1

This probably isn't much compensation, but for some people the move to video auditions may mean that they can afford for their DC's to apply for more schools.

I know there is still the audition fee, but at least you don't have to take into consideration the costs of travel and accommodation which I know can be prohibitive for some applicants.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, glowlight said:

This probably isn't much compensation, but for some people the move to video auditions may mean that they can afford for their DC's to apply for more schools.

I know there is still the audition fee, but at least you don't have to take into consideration the costs of travel and accommodation which I know can be prohibitive for some applicants.

Right with you on this one! Much as I hate IT, the prospect of not having to do several 400-mile round trips and ask the boss for time off work has been a (limited) positive of all this. Just waiting to see if Hammond will now do the same and go online for their preliminary...

5 minutes ago, Bunny said:

So now Hammond is a video too 😩 Nightmare! x

oh wow, we have not applied. Are the video requirements much different or can you re-use?  I think we are sticking to RBS, Tring, Elmhurst and YDA and then will apply for associates programs such as central school, etc. We got just an offer for a very good academic school, I am almost thinking of just focusing on associates programs. It really is a lot of pressure on the parents for video auditions. Is the Hammond deadline early January as well?  all the very best.  

40 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Aw I know my DD is gutted as we had just booked a hotel and planned a little trip there. What is frustrating is that all the schools have asked for slightly different variations of the dances...! 

We've booked hotel as well but We've not heard anything about video audition.. was this by email? My child will be gutted too x

11 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Ahh thankyou... wonder why I've not received one 🤔 we had a date and itinerary for Jan.

What are the video requirements? I guess I'd better email them. Was it this evening you got it? Xx

Mine came at 5.40....videos are slightly different variations to the others; but some differences e.g. shot from the side, Flexibility vids all shot at once...allegro etc which I don't think are in the others...some jazz....x 

3 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Mine came at 5.40....videos are slightly different variations to the others; but some differences e.g. shot from the side, Flexibility vids all shot at once...allegro etc which I don't think are in the others...some jazz....x 

Thankyou. I will email them. Now I have to remember which hotel I booked so I can cancel! 

I think allegro was in Tring in the enchainment but I could be wrong... im pretty new to this ballet stuff. 

I'm a bit worried I've not received an email as DC was offered audition when I applied in October x

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

We got the email about Hammond today too. Another video! Good luck to everyone else who is trying to put all this stuff together!! I've emailed them to ask what the deadline is...

I've not had an email... lots have. Im concerned as to why. We were invited to preliminary and had an audition date early in January but not had anything about the change. I'm a bit concerned 😟  x

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I've not had an email... lots have. Im concerned as to why. We were invited to preliminary and had an audition date early in January but not had anything about the change. I'm a bit concerned 😟  x

I wouldn't worry too much if you've been given a date for the audition previously..I think they gave everyone an audition who applied. I wonder if the email was hastily set up as there is no date on there for submission so wouldn't read into it too much x

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I wouldn't worry too much if you've been given a date for the audition previously..I think they gave everyone an audition who applied. I wonder if the email was hastily set up as there is no date on there for submission so wouldn't read into it too much x

Thankyou I will ring them in the morning. Yeah we had a date, time and itinerary but it would seem the people we know have had an email but not us..... its definitely quite a stressful audition process this year! 🤣

10 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Thankyou I will ring them in the morning. Yeah we had a date, time and itinerary but it would seem the people we know have had an email but not us..... its definitely quite a stressful audition process this year! 🤣

Oh dear! I’m sure it’s just an oversight, soon as you ring they will send you the details. I’d been leaving the extra bits we needed to film for Elmhurst and feel like now there’s another video to do I really need to get a move on so decided we’re going to start filming tomorrow! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

oh wow, we have not applied. Are the video requirements much different or can you re-use?  I think we are sticking to RBS, Tring, Elmhurst and YDA and then will apply for associates programs such as central school, etc. We got just an offer for a very good academic school, I am almost thinking of just focusing on associates programs. It really is a lot of pressure on the parents for video auditions. Is the Hammond deadline early January as well?  all the very best.  

Some are similar but there are new exercises that will require filming. Oh brilliant news that you have a good academic offer, at least you’ve got a really good back up for your DS! We are also going to go for Northern Ballet’s CAT scheme,  and obviously MA’s, so hopefully all won’t be lost if no school offers. It’s just the preparation that’s so difficult. It’s getting dark now after school so not the best lighting for filming and weekends his brothers are home plus he has dancing so difficult to fit it all in. Then of course it’s putting it altogether and potentially not showcasing your child very well if you’ve filmed from a poor angle etc. Argh! I would so much rather just take him, let him do his thing and know that  he’d done his best and it was out of our hands! Fingers crossed for all of the kids filming videos!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Oh dear! I’m sure it’s just an oversight, soon as you ring they will send you the details. I’d been leaving the extra bits we needed to film for Elmhurst and feel like now there’s another video to do I really need to get a move on so decided we’re going to start filming tomorrow! 

I've rung this morning and they aren't sure why we've not received anything... they said they contact the registrar to see why. We are feeling under it too. RBS is the only video in at the mo.. Tring 90% done and Elmhurst starting Saturday but life has become so busy running up to Christmas and time is running away and we do find there's a few stresses filming from home! 🤣 kids, dog, cat, door going etc lol... need a strong constitution for this years vocational run... and a sense of humour! 🤣

• Like 2