I feel we are behind everyone else. Just recently submitted RBS (not particular happy with what I submitted either), only done barre for Tring, and Elmhurst will probably be a bit of last minute recycling job with an added polka and random impro. May I ask what people do generally about the solo (i.e. for Tring)? Did your children already have one? Are you using one from syllabus work, or something new with teacher's help? or letting your child choreograph? 

All the best to everyone going through this. Festive cheers!!!

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I've rung this morning and they aren't sure why we've not received anything... they said they contact the registrar to see why. We are feeling under it too. RBS is the only video in at the mo.. Tring 90% done and Elmhurst starting Saturday but life has become so busy running up to Christmas and time is running away and we do find there's a few stresses filming from home! 🤣 kids, dog, cat, door going etc lol... need a strong constitution for this years vocational run... and a sense of humour! 🤣

Hopefully the registrar will email it straight across to you! RBS is the only one we have done too. We haven’t even started any of the others at all but have carved this weekend out to get cracking as I too am feeling the strain! That’s the issue with them being before Christmas isn’t it, it’s such a busy time of year anyway 😫

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I feel we are behind everyone else. Just recently submitted RBS (not particular happy with what I submitted either), only done barre for Tring, and Elmhurst will probably be a bit of last minute recycling job with an added polka and random impro. May I ask what people do generally about the solo (i.e. for Tring)? Did your children already have one? Are you using one from syllabus work, or something new with teacher's help? or letting your child choreograph? 

All the best to everyone going through this. Festive cheers!!!

Not behind me at all lovely! We have only done RBS too and like you I also have doubts about what we’ve submitted. I definitely feel like the video doesn’t show DS in his best light and he definitely comes across better in person, I just hope it’s enough! That’s what we are doing for Elmhurst, just adding the polka steps and the improv! My DS does have solos in ballet, modern, tap etc as he competes with these but he is actually using a contemporary piece that he choreographed himself for his Tring and Hammond auditions as it’s his favourite. I am questioning why I am putting myself through the stress of filming Tring and Hammond applications really as all he can talk about is White Lodge and all he really wants is White Lodge! I definitely wish we had spent more time on the video. I am so nervous for him. He asks every day if we have heard anything despite me telling him he won’t hear until the New Year! Argh! This is tough haha! At least we are all feeling it! 

• Like 2

We are so far behind and haven't filmed a thing!! Have booked DD dance teacher in Monday for 2 hours but really not sure it will be long enough. Going to try to do royal and elmhurst will do the others when we can! For tring my DD has started to choreograph a lyrical piece of her own so I'm hoping her dance teacher will think it is OK! I'm really nervous about the videos but I think she is only 10 and like everyone she has her strengths and weaknesses so just have to do her best and if its not good enough, it wasn't meant to be. X 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

We are so far behind and haven't filmed a thing!! Have booked DD dance teacher in Monday for 2 hours but really not sure it will be long enough. Going to try to do royal and elmhurst will do the others when we can! For tring my DD has started to choreograph a lyrical piece of her own so I'm hoping her dance teacher will think it is OK! I'm really nervous about the videos but I think she is only 10 and like everyone she has her strengths and weaknesses so just have to do her best and if its not good enough, it wasn't meant to be. X 

Ahhh good luck for Monday to your DD! I think our Royal one took about two hours to do but Elmhurst want a lot of the same things so hopefully you’ll get them both done in that time! 😊 Yes, you’re absolutely right and I try to keep reiterating that to my DS, that if it’s a no then it’s not his time right now. They can only give what they’ve got can’t they! x

5 hours ago, ponklemum said:

Just to let everyone know, the deadline for The Hammond is the 5th February. It’s been posted on Instagram. Xx

Thanks for that. I had the same deadline given from the Hammond after I emailed earlier to ask. Thank goodness for a bit more time on that one! Still got to try to do Elmhurst video, hopefully before Christmas...Sorry to hear that others out there are experiencing the same level stress and madness about all the video stuff, but it makes it more bearable somehow! Good luck everyone 😊

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 2

I’ve got such a silly question, I might be missing it on the original email. How do we actually send Elmhurst the videos? We’ve done ours today and uploaded it to YouTube but where do we submit it? Do we just email them the link does anyone know? 

Edited by Bunny

4 hours ago, Bunny said:

I’ve got such a silly question, I might be missing it on the original email. How do we actually send Elmhurst the videos? We’ve done ours today and uploaded it to YouTube but where do we submit it? Do we just email them the link does anyone know? 

I do suspect you put your link from you tube or vimeo into email, but maybe I have misread. Good luck everyone🤞🍀

On 10/12/2020 at 16:22, Bunny said:

Not a silly question! I emailed Elmhurst the other day about this. They said to email the link to the registrar. Given that it's become 'detached' from the rest of my DSs application, I'm hoping to include his name on the video somewhere. That's the plan anyway! Yet to do the actual video!

Well done everyone! I've filmed everything I need i think!! Did some in the dance hall...without heating. Poor DD looked like a corpse with blue lips! The rest at home. Certainly not perfect but we tried our best. Now need to put the videos together! Hope everyone else is managing ok! X 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ponklemum said:

After 2 1/2 hours of zooming today we have gotten quite a bit done. Hopefully after another zoom session tomorrow all the clips will be filmed. X

Another 2 hour zoom today and everything is filmed. It’s just needs putting together now. X

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

Another 2 hour zoom today and everything is filmed. It’s just needs putting together now. X

Fantastic 😊 i think our video clocked up about 8 hours (probably more than that haha) of filming, checking, editing it together then re checking haha then submitting. Things we do huh!? 🙈

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids

7 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Fantastic 😊 i think our video clocked up about 8 hours (probably more than that haha) of filming, checking, editing it together then re checking haha then submitting. Things we do huh!? 🙈

Yes, the things we do. Today was tough on us all, especially ds, he started with sautés so by the time we got to the solo his legs were dead. X