• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I applied back in September and yes there were photos. A while later I was contacted by the registrar to say DC had been invited to audition. With a date, time and itinerary. Since that loads has changed so I'm not sure of the process now hopefully someone on here applied not long ago and could help but there were definitely photos. Good luck to your DC xx

Thanks, I registered now and they just want a full body photo sent to registrar and then the video with the 5th of February as deadline. Thanks again and all the best.Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Thanks... my one drive is palying up... I think I broke it! Haha πŸ˜„Β  is you tube or We transfer ok do you think? Im getting confused lol xx

I think either is fine. I’m sure I’ve read something about themΒ being fine on an email. I’ll see if I can find it xx

Just now, ponklemum said:

I think either is fine. I’m sure I’ve read something about themΒ being fine on an email. I’ll see if I can find it xx

Found it. This is what it says

Β 

β€œAudition Advice:

Β 

In addition to We Transfer, recordings may be submitted via One Drive or a private YouTube Channel.”

• Like 1

We have made so many mistakes but it’s too late to change now...for Royal we did it in tights instead of bare legs and we have got to redo the photos (because the picture is of bare legs so that’s what we did - but then noticed in the writing it asks for socks and ballet shoes!!),Β we forgot to film from the side for plies for Tring (and didn’t do both sides)....but I’m just thinking to send them as they are. We also can’t seem to upload our video on one drive for Tring at all - tried so many times. I’m going to have to email to ask if there is an alternative way to send. Just a nightmare...X

• Like 1

Hi All! Happy New Year! I have a question for you all too- trying to do Hammond video. In the stretches there is one called 'External rotation of the hips (supine)'. When I try to look it up on youtube I get exercises for weight lifters, arthritis sufferers but not ballet in spite of different search terms. 🀣 Is this stretch the so-called frog one??

5 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Hi All! Happy New Year! I have a question for you all too- trying to do Hammond video. In the stretches there is one called 'External rotation of the hips (supine)'. When I try to look it up on youtube I get exercises for weight lifters, arthritis sufferers but not ballet in spite of different search terms. 🀣 Is this stretch the so-called frog one??

Happy New Year! I assume it is frog legs while lying on their back.Β 

7 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

We did the frog stretch for that one. Xx

9 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

We have made so many mistakes but it’s too late to change now...for Royal we did it in tights instead of bare legs and we have got to redo the photos (because the picture is of bare legs so that’s what we did - but then noticed in the writing it asks for socks and ballet shoes!!),Β we forgot to film from the side for plies for Tring (and didn’t do both sides)....but I’m just thinking to send them as they are. We also can’t seem to upload our video on one drive for Tring at all - tried so many times. I’m going to have to email to ask if there is an alternative way to send. Just a nightmare...X

It’sΒ so difficult isn’t it. It took me quite a while with the Tring video but managed it in the end. I’m sure they’ll be understanding if you email them.Β XxΒ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, busydanceparent said:

The only way we could upload was by dragging the video file into their OneDrive folder. When we pressed the upload button, nothing happened.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Aw its mad isn't it! They could have at least tried to write it in plain English for us non dancers! There has been lots of googling here...we ended up doing froggy lying down on back! XΒ 

They really could have, I’m sure they’llΒ have a variety of different things on the videos.Β 
Β 

I’ve still got RBS to put togetherΒ and I’m losing the willΒ to do it πŸ˜‚

8 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

They really could have, I’m sure they’llΒ have a variety of different things on the videos.Β 
Β 

I’ve still got RBS to put togetherΒ and I’m losing the willΒ to do it πŸ˜‚

I wouldn’t worry too much... I missed out a couple of things on my DS Elmhurst video and I am his dance teacher!!!!Β 
I sent it and realised afterwards. I think they know what they want and what they are looking for and make that judgement very quickly. Please don’t panic if it’s not perfect or anywhere close to being perfect. XxΒ 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I wouldn’t worry too much... I missed out a couple of things on my DS Elmhurst video and I am his dance teacher!!!!Β 
I sent it and realised afterwards. I think they know what they want and what they are looking for and make that judgement very quickly. Please don’t panic if it’s not perfect or anywhere close to being perfect. XxΒ 

Thank you, that’s really reassuring. Who would have thought we’d be doing videos in in our living rooms. Xx

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Another day of piecing together videos and trying to uploadΒ with varied successΒ -Β a copyright claim too.Β Never again will I complain about tripping around the country to auditions!Β 
I think we all deserve a medal after this :)Β 

Happy New Year!Β 

Haha know I how you feel, we are lucky that we've not had the YouTube copyright warning but have got confused as to where to send said links lolΒ 

And yep we all do deserve a medal. Good luck to your Dc xx

On 01/01/2021 at 13:10, TwirlyWhirly said:

My DD is at the Hammond, she has said the exercise they do by that name is this here.Β 
https://theprehabguys.com/vimeo-video/supine-hip-external-rotation-stretch/

On 01/01/2021 at 13:10, TwirlyWhirly said:

Have posted some information on the other thread for this..Β 

Hi guys, did anyone submit their Elmhurst video over the Christmas break via email? A friend has just applied for her son and said now the application form has a place for you to upload the video, but when I applied for my DS this wasn’t an option. I sent it via email and haven’t had any confirmation yet. IΒ am sure the registrar is just super busy with it being her first day back, and I’ve checked my outbox to try and reassure myself I’ve sent it properly haha but I just thought I’d check if anybody else was in the same boat? x

5 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Hi guys, did anyone submit their Elmhurst video over the Christmas break via email? A friend has just applied for her son and said now the application form has a place for you to upload the video, but when I applied for my DS this wasn’t an option. I sent it via email and haven’t had any confirmation yet. IΒ am sure the registrar is just super busy with it being her first day back, and I’ve checked my outbox to try and reassure myself I’ve sent it properly haha but I just thought I’d check if anybody else was in the same boat? x

We sent ours in December via email. The registrar replied the next day to say she had received it and it’s subsequently had one view for 4 secs to check the link is working too.

Im sure she will get back to you xxΒ 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

We sent ours in December via email. The registrar replied the next day to say she had received it and it’s subsequently had one view for 4 secs to check the link is working too.

Im sure she will get back to you xxΒ 

That’s fab, thank you, it’s just with me sending it over the Christmas holidays she obviously hasn’t been in the school to be able to reply so I think I’ll give it a few days and then if I don’t hear I’ll drop another email and check it’s all working okay. Was the deadline the 11th of Jan? I just want to make sure it’s all okay by then! Haha x

4 minutes ago, Bunny said:

That’s fab, thank you, it’s just with me sending it over the Christmas holidays she obviously hasn’t been in the school to be able to reply so I think I’ll give it a few days and then if I don’t hear I’ll drop another email and check it’s all working okay. Was the deadline the 11th of Jan? I just want to make sure it’s all okay by then! Haha x

The closing date for Elmhurst is the 8th January so I’d email again tomorrow to check she has received it xx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

The closing date for Elmhurst is the 8th January so I’d email again tomorrow to check she has received it xx

Oh I didn’t realise it was quite so soon! Thank you I will do x

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Oh I didn’t realise it was quite so soon! Thank you I will do x

We sent ours the week before christmas by email and asked whether they had received it and got a reply saying they had had my application and managed to access the link. I would contact them tomorrow just incase!Β 

2 hours ago, Bunny said:

Hi Bunny, I submitted the application on the 27th and then submitted a photo andΒ video link to the registrar by email. There wasn't a space to put the linkΒ when I applied (likeΒ there was for RBS). I got an email today saying that the link appears to be working (though in the mean time I had sent her another link because youtube had a copyright issue). If you sent the link by email, I am sure it is fine.Β 

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi Bunny, I submitted the application on the 27th and then submitted a photo andΒ video link to the registrar by email. There wasn't a space to put the linkΒ when I applied (likeΒ there was for RBS). I got an email today saying that the link appears to be working (though in the mean time I had sent her another link because youtube had a copyright issue). If you sent the link by email, I am sure it is fine.Β 

@Bunny, we submitted too (to the registrar) but just before Christmas and had working link confirmed. Fingers crossed you get a confirmation it is OK - it is so nerve-wracking!Β 

Ahh glad the confirmations are coming inΒ 

I'm waiting for confirmation Hammond have received but I only sent it a few days ago.. ended up sending it twice! πŸ™ˆ once youtube link emailed to register, then realised one bit said We transfer so sent it again after seeing that via we transfer using same email address as destination.... feel a bit stupid now! πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜«