Royal Ballet dancers at Athelhampton House on 5th & 6th September

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything involving RB dancers actually dancing again is brilliant. Just wish it was somewhere more accessible for us northerners. Perhaps they could film it and do pay per view again?

Still great news though. Very encouraging. 

So - remind me - why exactly are companies themselves not (yet) engaged in these kinds of initiatives? They've had since March to think about it and the RB, for example, could have 'owned' the Hoxton Docks project and claimed it was reaching new audiences.

Things are obviously stirring at BRB, ENB is possibly (it is said) about to announce its plans. NB has 'spoken'. RB - where are you?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, capybara said:

So - remind me - why exactly are companies themselves not (yet) engaged in these kinds of initiatives? They've had since March to think about it and the RB, for example, could have 'owned' the Hoxton Docks project and claimed it was reaching new audiences.

Things are obviously stirring at BRB, ENB is possibly (it is said) about to announce its plans. NB has 'spoken'. RB - where are you?

It seems rare the RB is ever in the forefront of innovation but perhaps something to do with "working" for the company while on the furlough scheme?  And perhaps they are too busy working on the redundancy consultations they mentioned when they laid off their casual staff?

Edited by oncnp

3 hours ago, oncnp said:

It seems rare the RB is ever in the forefront of innovation but perhaps something to do with "working" for the company while on the furlough scheme?  And perhaps they are too busy working on the redundancy consultations they mentioned when they laid off their casual staff?

Company Directors were not, as I understand it, furloughed but some elected to take a pay cut. The redundancy consultations which are under way are, generally speaking and apparently, in the hands of Executive or HR staff rather than the ADs.

Anyway, let's hope there will be news from the RB soon - perhaps publishing a list of leavers and joiners would be a start!

• Like 2

On 13/08/2020 at 11:32, capybara said:

Silence is deafening and disappointing

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Royal Ballet dancers at Athelhampton House on 5th & 6th September
12 minutes ago, capybara said:

This is near Dorchester and possibly difficult for people without a car. But they are DANCING and seemingly aiming to raise money for the ROH. Lovely!

Looks like 16 minutes by taxi from Dorchester West station (per Google maps)

https://www.athelhampton.com/visit

Edited by oncnp

4 hours ago, oncnp said:

Looks like 16 minutes by taxi from Dorchester West station (per Google maps)

https://www.athelhampton.com/visit

Am I correct in thinking that you might live in the US, oncp? The train journeys down Dorchester way are not exactly 'intercity' and I sense there remains a reluctance to use public transport here at the moment. It's an evening performance so getting home by train would present problems for many as the last trains are just after 9.00pm and take up to 4 hours to reach London.. And the ticket prices for the performance are such as to rule out an overnight stay for many. Unfortunately, in common with other 'country house' performances, this one is out of reach for me.

Train takes 2 hours 36mns direct from Waterloo to Moreton (nearest station) on Saturday, depart hourly eg 12.05 or 13.05. Return takes 2 hours 41mns, leaving at 19.39 or 20.28.  Sunday times are slightly different but journey times similar.  For taxi, try Durdle Door 01929444546 or can search for others. You can also go to Dorchester (South), it takes 7 mins extra by train but may be wider choice of cabs, eg A-line 01305264747, who have 8-seaters as well as ordinary cars.

Hello Balletomanes,

Here is a copy of the marketing email with the links to buy tickets, a list of all the dancers performing:

&
MEAGHAN GRACE HINKIS

PRESENT A WEEKEND OF BEAUTIFUL BALLET
WITH DANCERS OF
THE ROYAL BALLET
GUEST ARTISTS

FEATURING EXCERPTS FROM
RAYMONDA
SWAN LAKE
ONEGIN
DANCES AT A GATHERING
NEW WORKS AND MORE!

SATURDAY 5th SEPTEMBER 
SUNDAY 6th SEPTEMBER

WILLIAM BRACEWELL
DAVID DONNELLY
TÉO DUBREUIL
MEAGHAN GRACE HINKIS
DANE HURST -  GUEST
LAURA MORERA
YASMINE NAGHDI
MARIANELA NÚÑEZ
ANNA ROSE O'SULLIVAN
ROMANY PAJDAK
CALVIN RICHARDSON
AKANE TAKADA
EDWARD WATSON

Marianela Núñez
Photo-  Maria Helena Buckley
Edward Watson
Photo - Dave Morgan

Picnic in the magical gardens of England‘s finest Tudor House from 4:00pm
Performance starts on the Great Lawn at 5:30pm
Performance run time, including a 15 minute interval, 1 Hour 30 Minutes

Tickets will be sold in safely distanced family pods comprising 1 to 4 per pod.  2 or more pods can be joined for larger families. 

Please wear face masks when entering, we need to keep you, the staff and volunteers safe during this unprecedented time. 

Meaghan Grace Hinkis
Photo - Andre Uspenski

PRINCIPAL SEATS £200 
FIRST SOLOIST SEATS £150
SOLOIST SEATS £100
FIRST ARTIST SEATS £50
CHILDREN UNDER 15 - HALF PRICE (Except Principal Seats)
YOUNG DANCERS FROM RECOGNISED BALLET SCHOOLS £20

TICKET REVENUES WILL BE DONATED TO HELP SAVE THE ARTS

Please order tickets via the website, programs will be emailed to you to avoid unnecessary contact. 
Tickets can be shown on your phones or printed at home. 

Laura Morera
Photo - Bill Cooper

Yasmine Naghdi
Photo - Bill Cooper

Calvin Richardson
Photo - Bill Cooper
Anna Rose O’Sullivan
Photo - Andre Uspenski

Téo Dubreuil & David Donnelly
Photo - Dave Morgan

Romany Pajdak
Photo - Trsitram Kenton

William Bracewell 
Photo - Alastair Muir

Dane Hurst
Photo - Nick Guttridge

THE DANCERS LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO ATHELHAMPTON HOUSE

• Like 3

Is there any chance of this being filmed? There's no way I can get to it from the North East but it would be amazing to see Dane Hurst and Romany Pajdak dance together. And seeing Laura dance her Dances role- she was one of the few who really 'got' the Robbins. Not to mention seeing all the others....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SheilaC said:

Is there any chance of this being filmed? There's no way I can get to it from the North East but it would be amazing to see Dane Hurst and Romany Pajdak dance together. And seeing Laura dance her Dances role- she was one of the few who really 'got' the Robbins. Not to mention seeing all the others....

Surely it will be but they won’t want to be announcing that in advance.

I'm very glad the dancers are getting a chance to dance and I hope this raises a lot of money,. But, if it's possible to stage something like this whilst still abiding by the current restrictions then it should presumably also be possible to stage something along these lines but that is more accessible to the general public (if they feel able to go) in terms of both location and cost. So I hope that will be the next step.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, bridiem said:

I'm very glad the dancers are getting a chance to dance and I hope this raises a lot of money,. But, if it's possible to stage something like this whilst still abiding by the current restrictions then it should presumably also be possible to stage something along these lines but that is more accessible to the general public (if they feel able to go) in terms of both location and cost. So I hope that will be the next step.

Exactly my point in relation to initiatives that the RB itself could/should be taking!

But, of course, it’s nice for Dorset to get some ballet action!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stuart Gordon said:

PRINCIPAL SEATS £200 
FIRST SOLOIST SEATS £150
SOLOIST SEATS £100
FIRST ARTIST SEATS £50

Why couldn’t there be some Aud Jebsen Standing places for £5!? 😀

• Like 7

6 hours ago, FionaE said:

perhaps you could explain?  

I only thought you might not be aware there were already discounted tickets for students?

I took Rob to mean that a minimum ticket price (for non-students) would put these tickets out of many people’s price range and he was suggesting another price level named in the same spirit as those already listed!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I took Rob to mean that a minimum ticket price (for non-students) would put these tickets out of many people’s price range and he was suggesting another price level named in the same spirit as those already listed!

Such as “Stage Sweeper Seats”!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mandy Kent said:

So, is anyone here going ? I’m very tempted...

Thanks to the location and the costs that would entail I’d need to rely on being paid to sweep the Stage Sweeper seats 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mandy Kent said:

Perhaps if anyone I know is thinking of going they could private message me ? I know it’s a long way and expensive but I am seriously thinking of going but don’t want to go alone ....

As much as I am desperate to see a live ballet performance again, this is too expensive for me.  I don’t begrudge the prices as they are raising money for the arts, but unless some Sweeper Seats are introduced (which they won’t be) I will sadly have to pass.