RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

2 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

i managed to look at youtube studio and it looked as if my daughters videos had been watched on saturday 12th August and the 2nd and 3rd again on sunday 13th? i could be wrong as never looked into the analysis of videos before but it also seemed as if theyd watched ket moments in each video as these had higher watch percentages! How long did the older group wait before the emails came out? will we get an email either way? or if we don't hear then we're out? 

I assume you mean September otherwise you were very quick to video your audition on 12th August 😁

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve just looked again and my daughter’s also got viewed again on 12th September! I think I missed it as my settings only showed new views in last 48hrs. Only 2 minutes of videos 1&2 but 6 mins of video 3. Will be interesting to reflect on all of this after results are out...

22 minutes ago, BalletMum89 said:

Hello, my daughter has Auditioned for year 5 Manchester. I think she was group 2! 

She applied last year and didn't get in so we're not hopeful for this year 🤣 we applied as it's great experience but obviously this year its been online 😢

Good Luck to you all! 

Good luck too, fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

I don't want to click the links as it says to only look at them once (when recording). Will they need a ballet barre and how much space would you say they need please?

no you don't need a barre, or much space, we used our lounge which has a carpet so not ideal but our kitchen wasn't big enough, i would click on it just to watch the intro (without your child) i found it helpful for me to set it up before we filmed as i knew what to expect, i didnt watch the full thing, hth

6 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

I don't want to click the links as it says to only look at them once (when recording). Will they need a ballet barre and how much space would you say they need please?

They don’t need a barre or any other equipment and they don’t really need any space to move as the whole audition is done on the spot! I know that sounds odd, but it will made sense when you see it! They have to be able to lay down flat to the side and front but that is the most space you will need😊 Good luck! 

I’ve been trying not to count the weeks but I’ve given up and come searching - we were group 1 London - anyone heard yet?

i do think I must be pretty impossible for them with thousands of videos and not seeing anyone in person plus loads of children with potential and so few slots. So I’m expecting a no.... but I’d just like to know!

Thanks!

Yes we are also group 1 and finding this wait agonising now! I really thought we’d have heard by now. The video applications for year 6 places across all 9 centres were turned around in 19 days and we are now on day 25, I really thought there would be less videos for London 4&5🤷🏻‍♀️ Also, people have reported that their group 2 videos have been watched, which you would think they wouldn’t do before having group 1 done and dusted. I really hope we hear soon because, even though we are expecting a no like last year, I want to be able to forget about this and move on! Here’s hoping it won’t be too much longer now🤞 

4 minutes ago, PurplePirouette said:

Yes we are also group 1 and finding this wait agonising now! I really thought we’d have heard by now. The video applications for year 6 places across all 9 centres were turned around in 19 days and we are now on day 25, I really thought there would be less videos for London 4&5🤷🏻‍♀️ Also, people have reported that their group 2 videos have been watched, which you would think they wouldn’t do before having group 1 done and dusted. I really hope we hear soon because, even though we are expecting a no like last year, I want to be able to forget about this and move on! Here’s hoping it won’t be too much longer now🤞 

Hi. We are Group 2 and I don’t think ours have been watched yet and my DD friend hasn’t either. I say don’t think as I am not convinced the views are not mine and I can’t work out the analytics. 😂

Someone posted you will hear 1 month after deadline so 1st Oct. Group 2 will be 14th. I am only guessing here but wouldn’t London be the largest group so maybe just taking a long time to decide?
I think my daughter would have done better in a class audition as she tends to follow her dance teachers instructions better than her mother’s (as we found out in lockdown).  She really wants a place but she got annoyed with my technical incompetence and it was written all over her face. 🤷🏼‍♀️

My daughter’s the same - she’d have performed better with others to ‘bounce’ off. I think she found dancing alone more of a challenge because she was less inclined to perform it without others there to perform with, and because she felt very exposed when she inevitably made little mistakes which made her a bit flustered. We’re just taking it as a worthwhile first experience and she’d like to audition elsewhere this year if possible once we hear from them, and try again for JAs next year 😊

I was until all of this! Tring Park have auditions later in the year (but I’d imagine those places are extremely limited since they’d have filled most in their summer) and I’m waiting to hear from my daughter’s dance teacher about others (but since she’s just had a beautiful baby I’m not pushing it!) I think we’ll end up applying for Tring, RB and ballet boost next year, and seeing how we get on 😊

23 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Hi. We are Group 2 and I don’t think ours have been watched yet and my DD friend hasn’t either. I say don’t think as I am not convinced the views are not mine and I can’t work out the analytics. 😂

Someone posted you will hear 1 month after deadline so 1st Oct. Group 2 will be 14th. I am only guessing here but wouldn’t London be the largest group so maybe just taking a long time to decide?
I think my daughter would have done better in a class audition as she tends to follow her dance teachers instructions better than her mother’s (as we found out in lockdown).  She really wants a place but she got annoyed with my technical incompetence and it was written all over her face. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes, although they usually give themselves longer than it takes, for example they say for the “real life” auditions that you can expect to hear by the end of June/early July but last year all of the results had been received by 21st June and some as early as 9th I think it was. London will be the largest individual location, although I’d have thought all of year 6 would have been more? I think the hardest part is that there will be so many strong candidates for London that they may want to offer the second choice centre to, but without having seen the other groups they won’t get know what the standard is across the board so it would be difficult to do that until having seen all of the groups. Perhaps we will still be sitting here waiting in November🤣

Edited by PurplePirouette
Clarification

1 minute ago, MamaFrosty said:

It looks incredible - she’s keen to do a residential there, do you have any experience of those? 

No, not yet unfortunately. We were looking into applying for the summer course this year but then Covid got in the way of that. She did, however, manage to do some of the online summer classes which was great as you could pick which genres you wanted to do across the week. All of the teachers were from the full time faculty and were all incredible and lovely so I found that very encouraging. 😊 

It was me who emailed the RBS to ask when results would be out! My daughters 1st choice was London 24 weeks and 2nd was Eastleigh so that's why I asked as I wondered if we'd have to wait until all of the auditions were over because of second choices. But no, they said 1 month after submission closing date for each group. So that would mean 4 weeks is up next Tuesday and 1 calendar month next Thursday. I really thought we may hear this week though!

We've just booked my daughter and her friend onto the Tring summer residential for next year - looks great and comes highly recommended from another parent who's daughter has just started fulltime at Elmhurst.

I'm finding the wait agonising too!  I also don't understand how they figure out second choices etc as our first choice is London, group 1, and second choice Eastleigh, which I think is group 4?

Perhaps if you didn’t get eg London but it was a close call they give you SWL and then reconsider you along with the candidates for your second choice? No idea though, just guessing...