RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours is due the 5th we haven't done it yet as the e mail went into the junk folder.  Oops.  Have ordered a tripod and going to record on the go pro as my phone video isn't great and won't record long enough.  Such a shame they can't have the full experience but assume it's just like a zoom lesson :) Good luck everyone 

14 hours ago, Dancemum100 said:

We are group 2 and none of our videos have been watched all the way through. Only a few minutes of two of them and none at all of part two. I’m thinking this means that they didn’t see what they were looking for straight away 😞

i noticed my daughters videos had higher viewings at certain points in each video, i think they must have skipped to bits they particularly wanted to see? could you analyse and see which bits they had watched of each one? x

9 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

i noticed my daughters videos had higher viewings at certain points in each video, i think they must have skipped to bits they particularly wanted to see? could you analyse and see which bits they had watched of each one? x

I think you’re right. There was a lot of standing and listening to instructions.... my DD videos were watched for different lengths of time

I was told today by the Audition team that Group 4 has only just been sent out. It will take 2.5 weeks for those videos to be looked at, and a month before we are given results. I hope that info helps people! The main admin lady is back from A/L now, so emails sent last week and the week before were probably by her assistant. That maybe accounts for the mixed messages x

Results update for group 1 - stand down team until the end of next week! 😬

(Yes I emailed back, all the while worrying that by being annoying I might be reducing DD's chances! and got this lovely response)

Hello Rachael,

Thank you for your message.

We are still finalising the results for the London group, but we hope to have those out to everyone by the end of next week.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Many thanks,

Kim

48 minutes ago, RachH said:

(Yes I emailed back, all the while worrying that by being annoying I might be reducing DD's chances! and got this lovely response)

Hello Rachael,

We are still finalising the results for the London group, but we hope to have those out to everyone by the end of next week.

Many thanks,

Kim

more waiting......what is taking them so long 🙈

54 minutes ago, RachH said:

Hello Rachael,

Many thanks,

Kim

Thank you. So helpful to know. I suspect it’s super difficult to whittle it down. Harder than a class with more excuse to revisit and rethink the decisions. 

@TiredtoesI can’t tell if ours have been watched as we uploaded on google drive. Think I prefer not knowing. 

59 minutes ago, RachH said:

Hello Rachael,

Many thanks,

Kim

That’s great!!I'm glad they haven’t forgot us. 

Thanks for updating us @RachH. I still don't understand why they are viewing group 2 etc if they still haven't made their decisions on group 1!

Unless they have one panel that makes up a shortlist and then another panel that makes the final decisions? That would suggest that videos would be watched a lot more than once though. 

25 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

They sent a reminder e mail out for group 2.  We are doing my daughter's video tomorrow as had to wait for a couple of things so could do the video.

I'm sure you will hear from them soon :)

Hi Ballerinamum. Are you Group 2?

4 minutes ago, Sass22 said:

How many children do they take for each group? This is the first time I’ve applied for my daughter. 

From what they said at the insight session, it purely depends on how many JAs they already have from previous years - they don’t ask those already in the programme to leave so the number of spaces is dependent on the number of Y6s that have left. They then give preference to the Y6 over Y5, Y5 over Y4, and Y4 over Y3 (or those that were when we applied so many moons ago!!)

7 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Group 2 is Dundee/Newcastle/ Leeds/ Manchester so very unlikely anyone with London as a first choice would have any of those as second choice! 

That's what I thought, so London decisions will probably be made without watching group 2. We are group 2 and videos haven't been watch yet.